Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > urgent help :(

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

Closed Thread

09-03-2009, 01:22 AM   #23
nvnone91
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 335i

i'm in hacienda heights/rowland heights
it's somewhat near diamondbar

yeah i have the stock 19"
gahh haha i don't like this tire business -_-
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2009, 01:42 AM   #24
jrsbeamer335
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: below 1,500rpm

just go to the dealer and let them know you noticed uneven wear and if there is no signs of damage under the car they should be able to help you out... GL let us know what happens...

p.s. dont you even think about mentioning driving off of curbs!
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2009, 02:13 AM   #25
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvnone91 View Post
sorry guys but i am anything BUT a car junkie
so when things happen, i panic and don't have anywhere to turn to
i js came back from a round trip and visitin places, making bunch of phone calls and askin but i feel more comfortable asking for advice on this forum

ok so i have an 09 335i 19" stock wheels
and i noticed that the air on the rear tires were slowly going away
i found out from a call to the dealership that they only recommend fixing the tires, and won't be repairing it
so i took it to Goodyear and they said that i had alignment problem that slowly ate away my tires that are on the verge of blowingout
they said that since they can't locally order the wheels, they'd have to do UPS or w/e and estimated around 980 for both, and estimated a grand total of about 1100

my parents prefer taking it to the dealership instead of doing it somewhere else so what should i do?
is the diagnosis at goodyear credible? is 1100 too much or is it about right?

thanks guys !!
gah im so scareddd cuz my parents work hard and i know 1100 is NOt a pocket change for us :/
sigh

pic

it looks like that almost fully around the tire..
it's almost "down to the second layer" or somethin..

You own a 45k car and you're worried about $1,100? If you can't afford to fix it, then why the hell did you buy it?
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2009, 02:26 AM   #26
nvnone91
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
You own a 45k car and you're worried about $1,100? If you can't afford to fix it, then why the hell did you buy it?
wow calm down take a min to get to know things first
it was actually 50k tyvm (meh)
i didn't get it, my parents did
plus, i'm starting college in less than a month and that means $$
the last thing i wana do is to make 'em take more money out of their pockets
i already feel bad as it is w/ the car alone
i def don't want to add onto it

i understand the value of money and it doesn't matter how much you have or how much you make
some ppl js appreciate and value things more.. like me !
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2009, 02:36 AM   #27
nvnone91
Enlisted Member
Rep

ahh i just talked to my parents after reading and thinking over all the inputs and suggestions
and i think i'm going to take the car to some local shop, get the alignment fixed and replace the tire w/ non runflats

thanks for keeping up with me guys !!
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2009, 02:54 AM   #28
nvnone91
Enlisted Member
Rep

i was about to sleep but i couldn't help but to sign back on to ask a few questions before i can put my mind to rest
it'll be nice if you guys could answer any of these questions for me :]

1. which "brand" of non runflats are good? and how much will a full set cost for a 19"? (i'm gona be lookin to purchase new set of tires but idk where to start from :x)

2. what's the downside of a non runflat besides the obvious "doesn't run flat"

3. is it okay to put non runflats on the stock bmw rims? it won't have any bad affects unless it pops right?

once again, thank you !
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2009, 09:25 AM   #29
ceb
NHTSA Nazi
Rep
Drives: 335ix

Think hard and fast before you jump on the "non-runflat" bandwagon....

....since the handling characteristics of runflats are slightly different, you'd really need to swap both the front and the rear tires.

Remember that since it is a lease you'll have to return the car with runflat tires....
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2009, 10:58 AM   #30
bimmertt
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i

if you are leasing, you might want to stick with runflats. I hear if you try to return a lease without runflats, bmw will charge you full price for them.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2009, 11:10 AM   #31
khaye1
Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 18 AW F80

but how long do runflats last???
      09-03-2009, 11:22 AM   #32
ceb
NHTSA Nazi
Rep
Drives: 335ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaye1 View Post
but how long do runflats last???
Runflats are no different than the equivalent tire in a non-runflat. That is to say that an all-season (with proper rotation - something that is frowned upon by BMW) will last about 40k+ miles while summer performance tires will last about 20-25k miles.

If you can't rotate your tires, then the faster wearing set (usually the front) will be toast at 30k miles or 15-20k miles (again depending on the type of tires)
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2009, 11:25 AM   #33
khaye1
Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 18 AW F80

i suggest searching through runflat threads on here...they seem to wear out a lot faster than non rft and then you have that bubble problem as well. that is the reason i suggested non rft and when it was time to trade in, buy a used set of used rft or save the ones already on the vehicle and install them later...less the bald one replace that.
      09-03-2009, 11:36 AM   #34
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvnone91 View Post
wow calm down take a min to get to know things first
it was actually 50k tyvm (meh)
i didn't get it, my parents did
plus, i'm starting college in less than a month and that means $$
the last thing i wana do is to make 'em take more money out of their pockets
i already feel bad as it is w/ the car alone
i def don't want to add onto it

i understand the value of money and it doesn't matter how much you have or how much you make
some ppl js appreciate and value things more.. like me !

1. You're not helping your situation. That's 5k more. Your parents are spoiling you with a 50k car and you're worried about $1,100? If your parents can afford such a car, $1,100 sounds like pocket change. Don't get smart with me.

2. What does College have to do with any of this?

3. You have a $50,000 dollar car and you feel bad? You should feel spoiled. Not bad. If you felt bad, you wouldn't be driving a $50k car around.

4. If anything, I know the value of money more then you do. I'm paying for my car myself. Now, you honestly don't know the value of money because you're being spoiled by your parents.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2009, 03:01 PM   #35
nvnone91
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
1. You're not helping your situation. That's 5k more. Your parents are spoiling you with a 50k car and you're worried about $1,100? If your parents can afford such a car, $1,100 sounds like pocket change. Don't get smart with me.

2. What does College have to do with any of this?

3. You have a $50,000 dollar car and you feel bad? You should feel spoiled. Not bad. If you felt bad, you wouldn't be driving a $50k car around.

4. If anything, I know the value of money more then you do. I'm paying for my car myself. Now, you honestly don't know the value of money because you're being spoiled by your parents.

1. college means books, dorm fee, food, classes etc. i'm gona be a full time student w/o a job so parents will be responsible for that. college is expensive and i'm surprised you didn't knwo what i meant by that

2. i used to want the car and didn't really care about the money. but after getting the car i encountered many diff things and situations where i wished that i had not asked for the car until i was old enough and actually deserved and did something rly good to earn it. it's not like i can js go return the car rt now and ask for a diff car since it's a lease.

3. stop calling me spoiled. you don't know me. just because i drive a 50k car doesn't make me spoiled. i was FORTUNATE. you don't know anything about me, nor do you have any idea about the way i view/spend money. now, unless you can get rid of your prejudice feeling and accept the fact that i've matured and learned over a short period of time where i realized 1100 is a lot of money to js piss away in one sittin in this time of economic crisis, plz i can go back n forth w/ you all day long :].. as soon as i fix my tire probs tho lawl
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2009, 03:23 PM   #36
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

there must have been some sort of toxic material leaked into our drinking water based on some of the internet attacks in this thread.
      09-03-2009, 03:26 PM   #37
DimSumBoy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 e92 335i

Garage List
08 335i  [0.00]
+1
hate when it gets to grammar errors..
      09-03-2009, 04:49 PM   #38
citrixscu
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 335i EB II

+1 for teen angst!

You can get non-RTFs just about anywhere. Search the forum and you fill find lots of good recommendations re: tires and shops.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2009, 09:34 AM   #39
nvnone91
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1080n View Post
So your parents respect you for your age, eh? What do you know about respect? You rolled into this thread just to disrespect him. Some parents work day in and out with the sole intention of providing for their kids. It's their choice if they think their efforts are worth putting a smile on their kid's face. Is it really that difficult to believe that spending a grand on his car IS a big deal to him? His parents are paying for his car and college tuition so there's a good reason to feel guilty. Seems to me that he's learned not to take his parent's love for granted. That's growing up, yeah? Maybe he'll take up a job or maybe not. At least he gives a shit. Most "spoiled" kids dont.

Yo live it up in college bro.
thanks bro
finally someone who understand what i've been trying to say this whole time
:]
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2009, 10:45 AM   #40
fl_cyclist
At the Beach or On the Road
Rep
Drives: Z4 35is

Garage List
2012 z4 35is  [0.00]
Bottom line is if you go with RFTs replacing two tires(rears) getting them at Tirerack and a independent installer will cost around $800. I think fronts are about $100 less but 19" might be a bit more. I just did my Michelin rears at 20k mi BMW wanted $1100
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2009, 11:05 AM   #41
nvnone91
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl_cyclist View Post
Bottom line is if you go with RFTs replacing two tires(rears) getting them at Tirerack and a independent installer will cost around $800. I think fronts are about $100 less but 19" might be a bit more. I just did my Michelin rears at 20k mi BMW wanted $1100
ahh ima just change to Flats then
is it bad to have front as RFT's and rear as Flats?
lolol cuz my fronts are still good and useable..
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread