E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > xHP ZF6 Trans Tune for 325i w/ 3-stage intake and 330 tune

02-05-2024, 01:35 PM   #1
snedigar
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 325i

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
xHP ZF6 Trans Tune for 325i w/ 3-stage intake and 330 tune

Just completed the 330i intake and Bimmerlabs tune on my 325i and loving the results so far. But some shifts are a bit uncertain and hard with the new power band, so I'm considering a transmission tune on my ZF 6 speed to ease this and improve the feel/performance. But I'm a bit uncertain which route to go.

I know that the 3 off-the-shelf xHP maps work well for most, but it seems like xHP is firm that this is for a specific stock model of car. Reaching out to their support confirmed this position, and they want me to shell out over $500 for a custom map. But since the transmission is the exact same between the 325 and 330, I feel like I should either be able to put the 330i trans tune on my car so it has shiftpoints matched to the torque my car currently makes, or the 325i tune would be a noticeable improvement wihtout causing any harm to the transmisison.

Granted, the 40hp/tq increase that the engine tune added isn't astronomical and might not make a big difference when it comes to a trans tune - I'm relatively new to this and looking for some more advice after hunting around several forums.

Anyone else out there with a similar setup, or those who've flashed xHP on their 6HP/N52 setup?

2006 325i 83k miles, trans fluid/filter serviced at 40k in 2014. Planning to do the trans fluid/filter/mechatronic sleeves prior to doing any sort of tune.
Appreciate 0