E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > got beat by an evo...

04-12-2007, 08:30 AM   #45
EVOgone
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 - 32d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excellence View Post
Evo is shit. Mitsubishi's are shit.
Jap cars just piss me off. What pisses me off is guys driving honda civics with big exhauts and thinking they can beat me in a bmw.
Japanese performance tv shows are so bias, how can a porche 911 turbo lose to a evo lancer? Thats rediculous. Thats like saying a Honda beat a ferrari.
Japanese people can't drive german cars.

I drove several Jap cars and none can handle better than my 323i.
Lexus is350 is basicly a toyota corolla on steriods.
Nothing special.

I'm sorry but thats just how I feel towards Jap cars.
///M all the way!
What a load of crap you talk, the EVO is probabley the best handling car you can buy.

EVO's and i have had many will walk all over your 323.....infact a Civic Type R would be as quick.

Yes BMW's use better quality materials but are equally in terms of quality and some would say better in terms of reliability.

Regards value for money a 30k brand new EVO will be on a par with an M3 costing 50% more.

You have a very narrow minded view.

BTW i have a 320d M-sport love it drives great but does not put a smile on your face like an EVO.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 08:34 AM   #46
EVOgone
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
great drivers car? you mean a great car, does everything, what with all the electronic gizmos and all that not a drivers car but definatelty flatters poor drivers, my gran could drive an evo quickly
Having had many EVO's they are the best car for putting a smile on your face. Especially with M3 drivers.....
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 08:39 AM   #47
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
oh right, most evo owners i know obviously are well into there cars and say they will outhandle near enough anything but will all the gizmos its all far too easy to drive quickly and dont find it as rewarding as say there previous ' old sierra cosworth' which was a challenge to hold onto round the twisties
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 08:56 AM   #48
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
great drivers car? you mean a great car, does everything, what with all the electronic gizmos and all that not a drivers car but definatelty flatters poor drivers, my gran could drive an evo quickly
The fact that an EVO flatters doesn't stop it being a drivers car.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 08:59 AM   #49
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
oh right, most evo owners i know obviously are well into there cars and say they will outhandle near enough anything but will all the gizmos its all far too easy to drive quickly and dont find it as rewarding as say there previous ' old sierra cosworth' which was a challenge to hold onto round the twisties
I think the argument that the evo is 'too capable' is a little weak. There is a lot of enjoyment to be had getting the best out of any car. I can remember stirling moss saying years ago that he would rather drive a mini cooper with skinny tyres on the road than any supercar, because at least that way he could enjoy the handling.

OK with an evo you are going to be within the cars limit almost all the time on the road, but that isn't going to stop if being fun. I think you just have to accept that different cars offer different experiences.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 09:02 AM   #50
RockIt
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: Mercedes C350 Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Japanese people can't drive german cars.
What an outstandingly simplistic observation.

Personally I love Japanese cars. My RX8 was certainly not crap and definitely handled better than my BMW coupe. Sure, the BMW uses better quality materials and is a beautiful machine to drive, but there are several decent Japanese cars that I would enjoy driving as well.

RockIt!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 09:22 AM   #51
Excellence
G-STAR
Rep
Drives: E90 to A5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOgone View Post
What a load of crap you talk, the EVO is probabley the best handling car you can buy.

EVO's and i have had many will walk all over your 323.....infact a Civic Type R would be as quick.
HAHA CIVIC TYPE R.

Good one. Straight line performance? Yeah maybe, front wheel drive? Bullcrappppppp~!!! Civic has no style, you should see the jokers here trying to nos it up, honstly my friends Colbat SS can murder a civic with nos on anyday.
Bottles are for babies, most drivers here in Canada with Civics can't drive.
Bigger the exhaust, the hotter jdm sluts they get.
I laugh at Vtech.

Evos can handle but I'm talking in general, it has no style to it! I can bet you 10$ that the guy with a M3 gets laid more often then a guy with an evo. The Evo is a fun car none the less, but it lacks looks and style. Maybe the new EvoX will suprise me but till now theres not been a evo that I've liked.
STI all the waY!

You wonder why no one brings a japanese car to the television show PINKS.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 09:36 AM   #52
rjs
Major
England
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
'09 M3 (e93)  [10.00]
Quote:
HAHA CIVIC TYPE R.

Good one. Straight line performance? Yeah maybe, front wheel drive? Bullcrappppppp~!!! Civic has no style, you should see the jokers here trying to nos it up, honstly my friends Colbat SS can murder a civic with nos on anyday.
I laugh at Vtech.

Evos can handle but I'm talking in general, it has no style to it! I can bet you 10$ that the guy with a M3 gets laid more often then a guy with an evo. The Evo is a fun car none the less, but it lacks looks and style. Maybe the new EvoX will suprise me but till now theres not been a evo that I've liked.
STI all the waY!

If you're going to shout, swear & talk one-sided "bullcrap" all the time can you please redirect your comments to your own forum: http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24 and leave the UK one for us UK people.

Much Obliged
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 09:49 AM   #53
ZiM
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330d

Quote:
HAHA CIVIC TYPE R.

I laugh at Vtech.

STI all the waY!

this thread is going crazy... look...

i know over there you have to put up with the USDM versions of integras and the likes... and they might not beat your 323 off the line for the first few metres... but front wheel drive or not when kept between 6 and 9k revs it would nail you to the wall round a track, seriously - you can laugh at vtec all you want but it'll laugh straight back

"bottles are for babies" wtf?

and last but not least... you seem to be focused totally on whether a car will get you laid or not!!! - some people buy performance bmws or type-r hondas cuz they like cars not to pull "jdm bitches" - i for one would get into a lot of trouble with the wife with that attitude - if you're just bothered about the looks and pulling chicks maybe you should get a MR2->F355 conversion... the chicks won't be able to tell so you'd be happy as larry!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 09:56 AM   #54
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
the hotter jdm sluts they get.
What does 'JDM sluts' even mean?

Does this mean hot japanese girls - in which case count me in.

Seriously, you seem to be hung up on image. This comes 11th on my list when considering cars. Behind:

1. Power
2. Torque
3. Handling
4. Weight
5. Drivetrain
6. Weight distribution
7. Reliability
8. Cost
9. Service Interval
10. Comfort

The sort of lady that would sleep with you because you have a nice car is not necessarily the sort of lady that I would wish to sleep with
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 10:03 AM   #55
ZiM
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed View Post
lol... i am used to using JDM in day-to-day conversation didn't realise it wasn't so widespead - Japanese Domestic Market - basically anything to come out of Japan...
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 10:05 AM   #56
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiM View Post
lol... i am used to using JDM in day-to-day conversation didn't realise it wasn't so widespead - Japanese Domestic Market - basically anything to come out of Japan...
So I'm right - he means sexually promiscuous Japanese girls.

Surely this is a good thing and an argument in favour of buying an EVO with an enormous exhaust
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 10:27 AM   #57
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
i am not personally a fan of jap motors, give them credit where there due tho..

remeber not all the guys in civics can afford 30k evos and 40k bmw

maybe there making the most of what they have and sometimes to really good effect

i have seen many old shonky sierras (of the cosworth variety) covering the quarter in 11 secs, not bad for a 19 year old ford with some tuning

thing is with evos they will attract the younger generation more, the young 16-17 year olds and younger girls who hang around with such people

the bmw is favourite with the slightly older more mature ladies and chaps

the amount of looks i have had in the 335d is unreal i onyl look young so thats probably half the reason.

Old, young and members of the opposite sex all seem to appreciate its handsome looks and gorgeous detailing inside

carl
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 10:33 AM   #58
EVOgone
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
HAHA CIVIC TYPE R.

I laugh at Vtech.

STI all the waY!

Sorry but your a penis.....
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 10:42 AM   #59
Scoot
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 992 C2s Crayon / Golf R 7.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjs View Post
If you're going to shout, swear & talk one-sided "bullcrap" all the time can you please redirect your comments to your own forum: http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24 and leave the UK one for us UK people.

Much Obliged

This is the reason i only post on the uk forum , the fact that you need a so called better image car to get laid says it all .

The simple fact's are that an Evo/Sti will make M3/Porsche owners feel upset when they appear in their rear view mirror because unless your a very talented driver and brave you're not getting rid of them .
Do i want one ............. no, been there got the T-shirt , great experience and will always respect them.

This argument is very similar to the Porsche and the Corvette Zo6 which made me leave the American Porsche forums. A lot of the Porsche owners would get very upset that here is a car that cost $$$$$ cheaper than their porsche and would leave it behind with relative ease. Their argument was that it was poorly made, leaf springs and yes ............cheap interior.
The simple fact was that GM made a cracking car for a very competative price, and to all accounts is a very good car based on reviews.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 10:58 AM   #60
Scoot
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Does this mean hot japanese girls - in which case count me in.

Seriously, you seem to be hung up on image. This comes 11th on my list when considering cars. Behind:

1. Power
2. Torque
3. Handling
4. Weight
5. Drivetrain
6. Weight distribution
7. Reliability
8. Cost
9. Service Interval
10. Comfort

The sort of lady that would sleep with you because you have a nice car is not necessarily the sort of lady that I would wish to sleep with

Thats a really good list but mine which would be for a work car:
1. Handling ( i think weight comnes into this )
2. Comfort ( includng options for car -phone/nav /stereo etc )
3. Fuel Consumption
4. Power
5. Torque
6. Saftey
7. Reliability
8. Cost
9. Image
10. Service Intervals + cost
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 11:00 AM   #61
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoot View Post
Thats a really good list but mine which would be for a work car:
1. Handling ( i think weight comnes into this )
2. Comfort ( includng options for car -phone/nav /stereo etc )
3. Fuel Consumption
4. Power
5. Torque
6. Saftey
7. Reliability
8. Cost
9. Image
10. Service Intervals + cost
Comfort ahead of power and torque - that's blasphemy

I forgot about safety on my list as well. Probably best not to crash then.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 11:08 AM   #62
Scoot
Lieutenant
Rep

[QUOTE=needforspeed;856801]Comfort ahead of power and torque - that's blasphemy [Quote]

Yeah im getting old
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 11:10 AM   #63
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoot View Post
Quote:
Comfort ahead of power and torque - that's blasphemy
Yeah im getting old
No if you were old you would drive a volvo.

.... and wear a hat whilst doing so.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 01:58 PM   #64
roofer
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335D M Saloon

Never underestimate the Japs
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2007, 03:32 PM   #65
NFS