E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > ZNS Performance Single Kit

05-01-2014, 03:44 PM   #23
NOTM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
Proven Power, St. Pete/ Tampa
looks good i wonder what the full kit runs $$$$$
      05-01-2014, 04:53 PM   #24
mjmarovi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: blue 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTM3 View Post
looks good i wonder what the full kit runs $$$$$
If you have to ask...lol jk. I could tell you what everything costs me but I don't know how accurate that would be as just a "kit". I will tell you it is designed for V-band, and pretty much will fit any V-band turbo. Recommended is Garret or Forced Performance, but Precision is an option too if you are trying to save a bit of $$$. Proven Power will basically do whatever you want.

I think I'm going to go ahead and post my build thread here too now. Picking up the car and tuning and dyno hopefully Saturday!
      05-01-2014, 05:10 PM   #25
NOTM3
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjmarovi View Post
If you have to ask...lol jk. I could tell you what everything costs me but I don't know how accurate that would be as just a "kit". I will tell you it is designed for V-band, and pretty much will fit any V-band turbo. Recommended is Garret or Forced Performance, but Precision is an option too if you are trying to save a bit of $$$. Proven Power will basically do whatever you want.

I think I'm going to go ahead and post my build thread here too now. Picking up the car and tuning and dyno hopefully Saturday!
Well I would like to know what I am getting into, I rather not have and unfinished product bc it cost twice as much as I originally budgeted for, my house fund comes before my car unfortunately lol. Just saying if this kit cost mid 5s and the proceed/fttec is 8ish and the ptf kit is an undisclosed amount as the price is not known. What will a kit from proven run
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 05:57 PM   #26
mjmarovi
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Well I would like to know what I am getting into, I rather not have and unfinished product bc it cost twice as much as I originally budgeted for, my house fund comes before my car unfortunately lol. Just saying if this kit cost mid 5s and the proceed/fttec is 8ish and the ptf kit is an undisclosed amount as the price is not known. What will a kit from proven run
I know what you're asking/saying, and it's honestly hard to answer...are you wanting them to do the install and everything?

I will tell you I looked at FFtec before I went to Proven. I purchased all my own parts basically, and Proven obviously did the build and the fabrication. When I added up just all the parts I was supplying, then Proven's parts and fabrication I was about $1500 or so less than FFtec and that's including my Forced Performance turbo where FFtec pricing only included a precision, and journal bearing at that. You have to pay for the ball bearing upgrade.

I'm looking forward to where my turbo spools, but Dan (Ak335i) has already proven his Proven Power setup is spooling quicker than comparable FFtec 6466 setups.
      05-01-2014, 06:09 PM   #27
NOTM3
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Yea his car his nice seen it in person a few times. I want a shop to install it. But I'm going through my extended warranty so that will cover some of the cost i just have to find a shop that will work with the company and not take there bs.
      05-01-2014, 06:18 PM   #28
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A few BMWs

Quote:
I know what you're asking/saying, and it's honestly hard to answer...are you wanting them to do the install and everything?

I will tell you I looked at FFtec before I went to Proven. I purchased all my own parts basically, and Proven obviously did the build and the fabrication. When I added up just all the parts I was supplying, then Proven's parts and fabrication I was about $1500 or so less than FFtec and that's including my Forced Performance turbo where FFtec pricing only included a precision, and journal bearing at that. You have to pay for the ball bearing upgrade.

I'm looking forward to where my turbo spools, but Dan (Ak335i) has already proven his Proven Power setup is spooling quicker than comparable FFtec 6466 setups.
That sounds very competitive in terms of pricing. So they'll be making a jig for "mass production", relatively speaking? Love that it's a proper Garrett/HT. Need some twin scroll top mount in my life.

Color me interested.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 06:30 PM   #29
mjmarovi
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Yea his car his nice seen it in person a few times. I want a shop to install it. But I'm going through my extended warranty so that will cover some of the cost i just have to find a shop that will work with the company and not take there bs.
Hmmm I don't know you'd have to contact him. If I do the math though...taking out labor and all and estimating what my "kit" costs it was a little under $7,000. Keeping in mind I bought about the most expensive absolute best 62mm turbo on the market, and used all V-band connections. I also purchased pretty much all parts myself, so if Proven put the whole kit together themselves I'd expect it to be more of course. That includes 3.5 bar map sensor, MAC solenoid with mounting bracket and PNP harness, etc.

I honestly don't know if they plan on putting a kit together. I think they want to either sell the hot parts or do a complete package with install in house. I mean you really gotta just contact them for pricing.
      05-01-2014, 07:02 PM   #30
NOTM3
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
How long did they have ur car?
      05-01-2014, 07:21 PM   #31
pwr hungry
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Correct. Here's my manifold. No idea what they plan on selling it for but manifold and downpipe are both jigged. That's actually all I'm waiting on before picking up the car now is for them to finish the jigs.

Attachment 1020326

Attachment 1020327

Attachment 1020328
I LOVE the look of that manifold, but I have to say the fan work is not so hot. The welds are terrible in fact. They absolutely should not be recessed like they are. Good welds are flush or slightly raised. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see that thing crack in the future.

That said, if they just fit the tubing together a bit better, cut some of the unnecessary exhaust flange off, had good welds and made the two collectors transition to the turbo flange smoother, that would be the best mani on the market imo.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2014, 07:24 PM   #32
mjmarovi
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
How long did they have ur car?
Well...since November 18th...LOL but...there was a 2 month delay with parts, and then we nailed down a manifold design and the other guy just so happened to be bringing his car that had the first one done. And then I added some stuff, and they really started on it in February. Also keep in mind this was building from scratch, and they wanted it perfect so they could jig after. They actually finished the car basically last monday. So it was about 2.5 months for a custom build from scratch. Now that it's jigged I don't know how long they would need.

BTW, I posted mu build thread...no love over there yet...LOL
      07-03-2014, 06:50 PM   #33
TVPhoto
Living Life on the Fast Lane
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335I SGM E92

HMMM…. kit looks very interesting. I just sent them an email for an update.
      07-04-2014, 10:45 PM   #34
Dave W.
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Porsche 951, 1992 Eagle Talon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwr hungry View Post
I LOVE the look of that manifold, but I have to say the fan work is not so hot. The welds are terrible in fact. They absolutely should not be recessed like they are. Good welds are flush or slightly raised. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see that thing crack in the future.
+1

Quote:
That said, if they just fit the tubing together a bit better, cut some of the unnecessary exhaust flange off, had good welds and made the two collectors transition to the turbo flange smoother, that would be the best mani on the market imo.

If they made all the changes you suggested, you'd have a FFtec mani.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 10:09 AM   #35
MR2 Josh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 ST 335i, 93 MR2

Quote:

Agreed! Was going to post the same thing. The welds are extremely undercut. I would be very concerned about cracking especially with the semi-cantilevered design. Nice design, just needs a better execution.
-E92 335i: Montego blue/saddle brown, FFTEC TM 6466, Haltech PS1k EMS, Motiv PI-1000, Fuel-It Hulk stg3+, Cobb AP, VRSF IC, 4" exhaust, Clutchmasters fx850, msport front, Akrym CF lip, M3 sides, mtech rear, cf diffuser, csl cf wing, DPE SL5's **N54 Record holder 861whp@36psi** (click)
-'93 MR2: tons of mods, all fab work, assembly, and tuning done by me. 675whp@24psi, 40psi unknown (800+whp), 900+whp to come. Dyno vid
Appreciate 0