E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Procede Rev3 USB cable driver problem

02-12-2013, 01:47 PM   #23
GeorgiaTech335coupe
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Black BMW 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbolexis View Post
I've solved it ... after a few hours of tinkering.

So, here's the run-down

---

Win7, is so smart its stupid. It knows if the files were created via another computer (duh, they had to be created somewhere), and it will not let the computer run/install them if they stay encrypted.
  1. Download the Rev3 Driver from: http://procedetuning.com/BMW/n54/dow...0Installer.zip
  2. Unzip the file to the location of your choosing.
  3. Notice if the unzipped folder is GREEN or BLACK
  4. If its Black, then you should be able to install without issue. If its GREEN then follow the rest of these directions.
  5. Right Click on the GREEN folder which contains the driver installation files.
  6. Select properties.
  7. Click Advanced button in the General tab.
  8. UNCHECK the "Encrypt contents to secure data" box.
  9. Select the OK box.
  10. Apply the change and select OK to close the dialog.

Here is where we are going to change some things to allow a "success" or "fail" message for the install.
  • Open the Driver Installation folder.
  • Right Click on the Setup file and select "Open With..." Choose NOTEPAD.
  • Where is say [Install Quite Mode] ... Change the word 'On' to 'Off'.
  • Choose the File Menu, and select SAVE ... NOT SAVE AS!
  • Turn off your network/internet connections.
  • Run the PreInstaller.
  • A dialog should open now, instead of the program doing nothing.
  • Choose OK to all the prompts, do not change any values.

When the setup completes, you will get hopefully get a success message. If you do, plug in your USB, and allow the driver to recognize the hardware, and install itself.

That should be all.

Took me about 3 hours to figure all this out after trying MANY things. Hopefully it will help out someone else.

I may have left out some peices, but I tried so many things, I'm not sure if any other steps helped make this a success. Give it a whirl and let me know how it goes.

Anthony
Nice. When I get around to it I'll try it out. It's a PITA to have to go to WinXP virtual everytime I want to connect to the procede.
Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website(e90post.com or any affiliated or nonaffiliated sites), pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2014, 09:10 PM   #24
pwr hungry
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:

So, here's the run-down

---

Win7, is so smart its stupid. It knows if the files were created via another computer (duh, they had to be created somewhere), and it will not let the computer run/install them if they stay encrypted.
  1. Download the Rev3 Driver from: http://procedetuning.com/BMW/n54/dow...0Installer.zip
  4. If its Black, then you should be able to install without issue. If its GREEN then follow the rest of these directions.
  5. Right Click on the GREEN folder which contains the driver installation files.
  6. Select properties.
  9. Select the OK box.

Here is where we are going to change some things to allow a "success" or "fail" message for the install.
  1. Open the Driver Installation folder.
  2. Right Click on the Setup file and select "Open With..." Choose NOTEPAD.
  3. Where is say [Install Quite Mode] ... Change the word 'On' to 'Off'.
  4. Choose the File Menu, and select SAVE ... NOT SAVE AS!
  5. Turn off your network/internet connections.
  6. Run the PreInstaller.
  7. A dialog should open now, instead of the program doing nothing.
  8. Choose OK to all the prompts, do not change any values.

When the setup completes, you will get hopefully get a success message. If you do, plug in your USB, and allow the driver to recognize the hardware, and install itself.

That should be all.

Took me about 3 hours to figure all this out after trying MANY things. Hopefully it will help out someone else.

I may have left out some peices, but I tried so many things, I'm not sure if any other steps helped make this a success. Give it a whirl and let me know how it goes.

Anthony

Not to bring this back from the dead,but this is absolutely the way to solve this issue!!! Thanks a ton man!!!! Now the only thing keeping me from a running single turbo car is a coolant leak! wahoo!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2014, 09:13 PM   #25
3000GT MR
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i/3000gt vr4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwr hungry
Quote:

So, here's the run-down

---

6. Select properties.
  9. Select the OK box.

1. Open the Driver Installation folder.
  2. Right Click on the Setup file and select "Open With..." Choose NOTEPAD.
  3. Where is say [Install Quite Mode] ... Change the word 'On' to 'Off'.
  4. Choose the File Menu, and select SAVE ... NOT SAVE AS!
  5. Turn off your network/internet connections.
  6. Run the PreInstaller.
  7. A dialog should open now, instead of the program doing nothing.
  8. Choose OK to all the prompts, do not change any values.

That should be all.

Anthony

Not to bring this back from the dead,but this is absolutely the way to solve this issue!!! Thanks a ton man!!!! Now the only thing keeping me from a running single turbo car is a coolant leak! wahoo!!!!!!!!!!
and 12 months.......
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2014, 09:37 PM   #26
pwr hungry
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3000GT MR View Post
and 12 months.......
I'm only on month 7 of the weekend long build
Appreciate 0