E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest > A challenge to all M3 drivers

07-14-2008, 03:03 PM   #1
jbttum3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i coupe 6MT

Garage List
2007 e92 335i  [0.00]
A challenge to all M3 drivers

I just posted this on M3 post so I thought I'd put it here too: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156525

Hey guys, I was just looking for some videos of an e9x M3 vs. Vishnu 335 and come up empty handed. I raced an e92 M3 this weekend but had no video camera. I have a 335 with the Procede V3 and a few other mods. Wanted to see if anyone wanted to meet up sometime and get some videos of a couple races. I'm in the uptown area but would be willing to meet anywhere within reason. Just bring your cars and I'll bring some silver medals to hand out

SOLD!!! :-(Space Gray Metallic - Coral Red - 6MT - Sport - AA Exhaust - UR Catted Coated DP's - Procede V3.1 PnP - Stett CAI - BMW Group SSK - M-Tech Sides/Rear- OEM Aero Lip - GP 8500K Angels - Vorsteiner Boot Lid - Miro M6 Reps

Last edited by jbttum3; 07-16-2008 at 09:29 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2008, 11:36 PM   #2
roozie2001
Just some guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 White 335i sedan

dude i cant to see those M3s flipping you off on camera or see the tears roll down their eyes as the V3 powered 335 blows them away. i dont even think it'll be that close. By the way. i think the M3 is gorgeous, and yes i know its not just a straight line car. and yes i know its probably alot quicker on the track and stuff. but still. its a 3 series bmw that 20k more, it should have a little more grunt than what it has.
      07-15-2008, 09:41 AM   #3
jbttum3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 e92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by roozie2001 View Post
dude i cant to see those M3s flipping you off on camera or see the tears roll down their eyes as the V3 powered 335 blows them away. i dont even think it'll be that close. By the way. i think the M3 is gorgeous, and yes i know its not just a straight line car. and yes i know its probably alot quicker on the track and stuff. but still. its a 3 series bmw that 20k more, it should have a little more grunt than what it has.
I know what your saying man. I used to drive an M3 but I never tracked it or anything like that. I loved that car We all know an M3 will out handle the 335 and out brake it. I just want to get a video of a straight line race to post on here.

SOLD!!! :-(Space Gray Metallic - Coral Red - 6MT - Sport - AA Exhaust - UR Catted Coated DP's - Procede V3.1 PnP - Stett CAI - BMW Group SSK - M-Tech Sides/Rear- OEM Aero Lip - GP 8500K Angels - Vorsteiner Boot Lid - Miro M6 Reps
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2008, 11:10 PM   #4
DevJ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 V10+/YMB M4

if you ever get a m3 to come PM me i could possibly film if you'd like
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2008, 11:26 PM   #5
LACA335i
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i coupe Black AUTO

Garage List
2007 335I SEDAN  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbttum3 View Post
I just posted this on M3 post so I thought I'd put it here too:http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156525
Hey guys, I was just looking for some videos of an e9x M3 vs. Vishnu 335 and come up empty handed. I raced an e92 M3 this weekend but had no video camera. I have a 335 with the Procede V3 and a few other mods. Wanted to see if anyone wanted to meet up sometime and get some videos of a couple races. I'm in the uptown area but would be willing to meet anywhere within reason. Just bring your cars and I'll bring some silver medals to hand out
you cant really compare your 335i vishnu v3 procede vs on m3 08 bone stock. YOu are nut .. if you really want to see who can kick ass. YOu should do stock vs stock. BTW, m3 08 with supercharger with well tuned chip and race gas will kick your ass with any modification on your car..
      07-16-2008, 02:14 AM   #6
darkphantom
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

^+1 why not wait until they come out with some REAL mods for the M3....then we'll see all the M3 haters go back on their word...
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2008, 09:27 AM   #7
jbttum3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 e92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LACA335i View Post
you cant really compare your 335i vishnu v3 procede vs on m3 08 bone stock. YOu are nut .. if you really want to see who can kick ass. YOu should do stock vs stock. BTW, m3 08 with supercharger with well tuned chip and race gas will kick your ass with any modification on your car..
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkphantom View Post
^+1 why not wait until they come out with some REAL mods for the M3....then we'll see all the M3 haters go back on their word...

God damn, you people are just as bad as the guys on the M3 boards. All I want is to get a video of a V3 racing a e92 M3.....thats it. Don't think I showed any tendancies to "hate" on the M3. I think its an amazing car.....used to own an M3 myself.....my username still has M3 in it.....I think the M3 is a pretty f'ing badass car. I'm waiting for a supercharger for an M3 too.....once that happens, i'll most likely buy one. Until then, I'll drive my 335. And I can't compare a V3 335 to a stock M3??? Why? So when they come out with a supercharger for the M3, will you not be able to compare the supercharged M3 to a Z06 or a Viper??? Whats your logic behind that? Did I ever say I would beat a supercharged M3? You people on here get your panties in a wad for sh*t that was never even said....its kinda funny actually. I also love how you assume my car will win. What happens if I lose??? Then will you compare the cars??? Get over yourselves, I just want to get a video.

Appreciate 0
      07-16-2008, 10:14 AM   #8
DevJ
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8 V10+/YMB M4

Haha thats funny..he lives in cali and is browsing a southwest section lol
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2008, 10:25 AM   #9
jbttum3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 e92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevJ View Post
Haha thats funny..he lives in cali and is browsing a southwest section lol
I know, look at the link on the M3 board......75% of the people commenting aren't even in the southwest. I think they just like to argue

Appreciate 0
      07-16-2008, 11:23 AM   #10
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LACA335i View Post
Quote:
As I have always said race money vs money. They paid 70k+ for thier car so let me put 20k worth of mods on my 50k car to equal thiers.
      07-16-2008, 03:22 PM   #11
darkphantom
Banned
Rep

Quote:

God damn, you people are just as bad as the guys on the M3 boards. All I want is to get a video of a V3 racing a e92 M3.....thats it. Don't think I showed any tendancies to "hate" on the M3. I think its an amazing car.....used to own an M3 myself.....my username still has M3 in it.....I think the M3 is a pretty f'ing badass car. I'm waiting for a supercharger for an M3 too.....once that happens, i'll most likely buy one. Until then, I'll drive my 335. And I can't compare a V3 335 to a stock M3??? Why? So when they come out with a supercharger for the M3, will you not be able to compare the supercharged M3 to a Z06 or a Viper??? Whats your logic behind that? Did I ever say I would beat a supercharged M3? You people on here get your panties in a wad for sh*t that was never even said....its kinda funny actually. I also love how you assume my car will win. What happens if I lose??? Then will you compare the cars??? Get over yourselves, I just want to get a video.
YOU that you posted.

Quote:
I just posted this on M3 post so I thought I'd put it here too: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156525

Appreciate 0
      07-16-2008, 03:29 PM   #12
jbttum3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 e92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
YOU that you posted.

Yeah with a winking thumbs up......its a joke douche. Where did I say anywhere in there that my car was "better" than an M3. And please, explain why you can't compare a modded $50k car to a stock $70k car

Appreciate 0
      07-16-2008, 03:40 PM   #13
darkphantom
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Yeah with a winking thumbs up......its a joke douche. Where did I say anywhere in there that my car was "better" than an M3. And please, explain why you can't compare a modded $50k car to a stock $70k car
calm your balls...i'm only responding to what you wrote. this is the internet everyone is entitled to their own opinion

and you can compare it, I'm just saying why would you spend money to make your car like something that you can already buy? kinda pointless...

also when doing comparisons, it better to compare apples to apples, not apples to oranges "douche".
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2008, 04:01 PM   #14
jbttum3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 e92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
calm your balls...i'm only responding to what you wrote. this is the internet everyone is entitled to their own opinion

and you can compare it, I'm just saying why would you spend money to make your car like something that you can already buy? kinda pointless...

also when doing comparisons, it better to compare apples to apples, not apples to oranges "douche".
uuummmmm, actually, I'm pretty sure you couldn't buy an e92 M3 back in Sept. '06 when I bought this car. And I really am not trying to compare the cars.....they both have their advantages. My car handles great, albeit not as well as an M3, but I don't track my car so straight line speed is more important to me right now......not the end all of performace needs but it is more important to me.

And I can't wait to see a supercharger on the new M3, not just bc I'll likely buy one, but also bc I can't wait to see all the people on M3 forums comparing their cars to Vipers, Z06's, F430, and Lambos......and you know there will be some fanboy out there comparing his car to a Veyron or something ridiculous like that. I still don't see how you can say its apples to oranges.....so a guy who tricks out a normal vette and makes it faster than a Z06 can't compare them? A guy who chips his Porsche Turbo can't compare it to a Porsche GT-2? I just don't get your logic.....its not like I'm comparing my car to a Maserati Gran Turismo! I can beat one of those in a straight line but what would be the point of comparing them.....its in a completely different league. I know the M3 is a better car than a 335i but I don't think its so far out of its league that you shouldn't want to see what a modded 335i will do against it. And sorry for calling you a douche

Appreciate 0
      07-16-2008, 04:14 PM   #15
darkphantom
Banned
Rep

Quote:
uuummmmm, actually, I'm pretty sure you couldn't buy an e92 M3 back in Sept. '06 when I bought this car. And I really am not trying to compare the cars.....they both have their advantages. My car handles great, albeit not as well as an M3, but I don't track my car so straight line speed is more important to me right now......not the end all of performace needs but it is more important to me.

And I can't wait to see a supercharger on the new M3, not just bc I'll likely buy one, but also bc I can't wait to see all the people on M3 forums comparing their cars to Vipers, Z06's, F430, and Lambos......and you know there will be some fanboy out there comparing his car to a Veyron or something ridiculous like that. I still don't see how you can say its apples to oranges.....so a guy who tricks out a normal vette and makes it faster than a Z06 can't compare them? A guy who chips his Porsche Turbo can't compare it to a Porsche GT-2? I just don't get your logic.....its not like I'm comparing my car to a Maserati Gran Turismo! I can beat one of those in a straight line but what would be the point of comparing them.....its in a completely different league. I know the M3 is a better car than a 335i but I don't think its so far out of its league that you shouldn't want to see what a modded 335i will do against it. And sorry for calling you a douche
no need for apologies - this is what I live for on the internet!

sorry incase I've offended you, i'm sure we can kiss and make up later haha - j/k.

On a more serious note....I don't mind comparing the 335i to the M3 at all, as long as people don't turn it into a I bought this car because i spend X amount and it's better yada yada....

Just waiting for someone to make bigger turbos.... not to mention I didn't get the M3 for the sole reason of it being a gas guzzler + that 20k premium, well 30k for the convertible haha
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2008, 04:23 PM   #16
jbttum3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 e92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
no need for apologies - this is what I live for on the internet!

sorry incase I've offended you, i'm sure we can kiss and make up later haha - j/k.

On a more serious note....I don't mind comparing the 335i to the M3 at all, as long as people don't turn it into a I bought this car because i spend X amount and it's better yada yada....

Just waiting for someone to make bigger turbos.... not to mention I didn't get the M3 for the sole reason of it being a gas guzzler + that 20k premium, well 30k for the convertible haha

Well you're kinda defeating the whole purpose of an M3 if you buy it in convertible anyway......how could you argue its track prowess and then chop the top off of it

And I agree on the big turbos, if a viable turbo option priced within reason comes out I'll probably stick with the 335 and slap the LSD on it. But if nothing like that is in sight and the M3 gets a supercharger adding over 100hp and 125 lb/ft then I'm jumping on that band wagon.

Appreciate 0
      07-16-2008, 05:13 PM   #17
darkphantom
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Well you're kinda defeating the whole purpose of an M3 if you buy it in convertible anyway......how could you argue its track prowess and then chop the top off of it

And I agree on the big turbos, if a viable turbo option priced within reason comes out I'll probably stick with the 335 and slap the LSD on it. But if nothing like that is in sight and the M3 gets a supercharger adding over 100hp and 125 lb/ft then I'm jumping on that band wagon.
hehe...if you ever get a chance to ride in an M3 convertible, and you have the top down - whomever is driving, tell them to take her to 8.4k RPMs....
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2008, 05:18 PM   #18
jbttum3
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 e92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
hehe...if you ever get a chance to ride in an M3 convertible, and you have the top down - whomever is driving, tell them to take her to 8.4k RPMs....
But I didn't think that was the point of a an M3??? I thought the whole point of an M3 was its track time? Don't tell me those M3 drivers like to go fast in a straight line just like us lowly 335i drivers!!! And I highly doubt any M3 drivers will have the time to get off their thrones to give a pleb like me a ride, hahahaha

Appreciate 0
      07-16-2008, 10:13 PM   #19
hp99hp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2002 M3

how about other m cars?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2008, 12:11 PM   #20
darkphantom
Banned
Rep

^ I'm pretty sure we'd get raped by anything like an M6/M5...or even an M1 -haha! probably can hang with if not pass an M-roadster
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2008, 12:23 PM   #21
Dubbedoutbimmer
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335XI Coupe Loaded w/body kit

Quote:

because the 335 with V3 is still 17k less lol
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2008, 03:33 PM   #22
hp99hp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2002 M3

well if you guys find an m3 willing to run, I'd love to tag along to see how I do
Appreciate 0