E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Tasteless, classless & crude

07-06-2012, 11:15 AM   #67
DARK_M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 08 E90, 89 Grand Wagoneer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E90 View Post
I was driving down a main street the other day. It was green lights all the way for me so I was just cruising at about 45-48mph (speed limit was 45). Then all of a sudden i had to brake abruptly cus there were 4 freaking kids walking across the street like they owned the damn road!! They were probably in their early teen. One guy was dressed all thug like wih backward hat and low hanging jeans. The others, 3 chubby girls were walking behind him, looked at me and was yelling some shit. I was thinking to myself "wait did they just walked across the street while there was traffic going on? And they were trying to say shit to me?! Wtf?!" The bay area and its stupid-dumb-and-hyphy attitude.
Ahhh yes the people that cross the street super slow or walk down the middle of the driveway in a parking lot. UGH!
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 11:35 AM   #68
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
I was driving down a main street the other day. It was green lights all the way for me so I was just cruising at about 45-48mph (speed limit was 45). Then all of a sudden i had to brake abruptly cus there were 4 freaking kids walking across the street like they owned the damn road!! They were probably in their early teen. One guy was dressed all thug like wih backward hat and low hanging jeans. The others, 3 chubby girls were walking behind him, looked at me and was yelling some shit. I was thinking to myself "wait did they just walked across the street while there was traffic going on? And they were trying to say shit to me?! Wtf?!" The bay area and its stupid-dumb-and-hyphy attitude.
Here in Chicago they're trying to revitalize the near west side, around United Center Park and East Garfield Park.... Well, on Western Avenue, they put in some nice medians, redid the curbs and property beyond the lot lines, put in fancy lamp posts, and they put in some really nice brick crosswalks. The construction caused some bad traffic headaches. Anyway, it's all a moot point and money/time wasted because it's the freaking ghetto and nobody there ever thinks of using the crosswalk or giving cars the right of way when they want to shoot across the middle of the street.... And then the look they give you... like you're doing something wrong. I don't know why the city spends money prettying up neighborhoods like that, the improvements are all trashed already anyway with litter and shit everywhere. STOP WASTING TAXPAYER MONEY ON THOSE WHO DON'T GIVE A SHIT ANYWAY. They already get their checks, we don't need to fix up their hoods too. What a waste.

I tell you what... if I ever lose my mind, I know where I'm going to direct my rounds.... Fucking useless people. Maybe I'd be able to do society a favor in my blaze of glory.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 11:45 AM   #69
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

^ I hate people who never admit they are wrong. When they do and if you say something they look at you like you fucked up...unbelievable.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 11:50 AM   #70
///Mandy
N54 <3
Rep
Drives: E90 335xi

I've been following this thread and agree with what everyone here is saying.

The youth today, really needs to be shipped off to an island, bootcamp island and given a proper teaching on respect, dress atire and effin manners. The other day this stupid kid sitting in the backseat of his mother's car gave me the middle finger after his mom booted out of a parking lot in front of me and I honked my horn. $500 this kid doesn't even know the rules of the road.

Parents these days are way too lenient on their kids. I'm not sure if I would go as far as saying media makes the kids do what they do. It does play a part but on the other hand they SHOULD know the difference from right and wrong.

E90 335xi|Nav pkg|Sport pkg|Dakota leather|Brushed aluminum trim|MTech kit

Last edited by ///Mandy; 07-06-2012 at 11:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 02:39 PM   #71
Elliott@DetailAddict
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
This happens everyday to me too. If you honk... get ready for a dent
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 02:56 PM   #72
TeRRoRiFiC35
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Car

You forgot another sticker that can be considered not appropriate, the pedo bear. I've never understood people embracing that one.

I guess I can be considered one of these "kids" that grew up in this era since I am in my 20's. I was taught to thank someone if they handed you something, say bless you when someone sneezes, say excuse me if you sneeze or burp in public, or say pardon me when you accidently bump into someone. I also don't like to have phone conversations in front of people and usually excuse myself from a group of people if I need to talk. Bumping into people is def one of my pet peeves when I go to bars, I don't like having random strangers touching me and not excusing themselves. The worst part, this is a very common occurance and it angers me. Whenever I start getting angry, I don't try to take it out on someone and fight them (even though I def can fight and some people deserve to get some common sense knocked into them), I usually just end up leaving so not to do something stupid.

But I will say, I have said my share of inappropriate things in public (may it be cursing or something that shouldn't be said). Usually there is a common factor when that happens, and it involves alcohol. Then again, it is rare I go out to eat and drink because I would rather drive not worrying about if I am over the limit or not.

The people crossing the street thing always pissed me off. New Jersey now has it where that if anyone is inside a cross walk waiting to cross, you have to stop and let them do so. I live in a shore town, and all these damn tourists just keep crossing the street wherever making you have to stop. These are also the same people who fail to realize that the fast lane is not a cruising lane but a passing lane. I have so many pet peeves on the road.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 03:02 PM   #73
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Geez, you'd go nuts (like I often do) driving on university property. ANY university. Students are molly-coddled into believing they have the absolute right of way anywhere. They walk right out in front of moving traffic. One reason the speed limit on campus is 25.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 03:40 PM   #74
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Rep
Drives: mk6 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeRRoRiFiC35 View Post
You forgot another sticker that can be considered not appropriate, the pedo bear. I've never understood people embracing that one.

I guess I can be considered one of these "kids" that grew up in this era since I am in my 20's. I was taught to thank someone if they handed you something, say bless you when someone sneezes, say excuse me if you sneeze or burp in public, or say pardon me when you accidently bump into someone. I also don't like to have phone conversations in front of people and usually excuse myself from a group of people if I need to talk. Bumping into people is def one of my pet peeves when I go to bars, I don't like having random strangers touching me and not excusing themselves. The worst part, this is a very common occurance and it angers me. Whenever I start getting angry, I don't try to take it out on someone and fight them (even though I def can fight and some people deserve to get some common sense knocked into them), I usually just end up leaving so not to do something stupid.

But I will say, I have said my share of inappropriate things in public (may it be cursing or something that shouldn't be said). Usually there is a common factor when that happens, and it involves alcohol. Then again, it is rare I go out to eat and drink because I would rather drive not worrying about if I am over the limit or not.

The people crossing the street thing always pissed me off. New Jersey now has it where that if anyone is inside a cross walk waiting to cross, you have to stop and let them do so. I live in a shore town, and all these damn tourists just keep crossing the street wherever making you have to stop. These are also the same people who fail to realize that the fast lane is not a cruising lane but a passing lane. I have so many pet peeves on the road.
You must not go out much, LOL, that happens all the time at the bar, I just write it off as an affect of alcohol. Where it really bothers me is in human zoos like Wal-mart. It seems like everyone walks around without any regard for anyone around them, shoving, standing taking an entire aisle, with one person, etc. I rarely get any kind of apology when this kind of shit happens, so the obnoxious douche in me comes out and I'll make loud comments obviously directed at people acting like this. They give me a go to hell look, but they give me the same look when they bump into me, so screw it.

Or people that just step into the street and then look at me as though they are daring me to hit them. Ya, their right, I don't want to deal with the consequences of hitting their dumb-ass, but it's hard to be a tough guy lying supine with broken legs drinking mash threw a straw.
Straight PIITB. Then eat dumplings.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 03:55 PM   #75
TeRRoRiFiC35
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augenbrauezug View Post
You must not go out much, LOL, that happens all the time at the bar, I just write it off as an affect of alcohol. Where it really bothers me is in human zoos like Wal-mart. It seems like everyone walks around without any regard for anyone around them, shoving, standing taking an entire aisle, with one person, etc. I rarely get any kind of apology when this kind of shit happens, so the obnoxious douche in me comes out and I'll make loud comments obviously directed at people acting like this. They give me a go to hell look, but they give me the same look when they bump into me, so screw it.

Or people that just step into the street and then look at me as though they are daring me to hit them. Ya, their right, I don't want to deal with the consequences of hitting their dumb-ass, but it's hard to be a tough guy lying supine with broken legs drinking mash threw a straw.
I go to the bar all the time, it's just something I don't like. Not all bars are like this, it's just certain one's are much worse than others.

Nothing beats though one time being at the local bar near close. Some guy bumps into one of my female friends, says F U to her, and then punches her in the face. Mind you, she was sitting on a bar stool talking to her boyfriend when this all happened. The guy then got a nice beating by the "bouncers". It was dumb cause we are locals and knew all the bouncers since we would go there atleast once a week. But then again, nothing amazes me in NJ anymore. Lucky for her the guy hit like a girl, she ended up with no bruise or anything.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 04:01 PM   #76
Augenbrauezug
Captain
Rep
Drives: mk6 GTI

Quote:
I go to the bar all the time, it's just something I don't like. Not all bars are like this, it's just certain one's are much worse than others.

Nothing beats though one time being at the local bar near close. Some guy bumps into one of my female friends, says F U to her, and then punches her in the face. Mind you, she was sitting on a bar stool talking to her boyfriend when this all happened. The guy then got a nice beating by the "bouncers". It was dumb cause we are locals and knew all the bouncers since we would go there atleast once a week. But then again, nothing amazes me in NJ anymore. Lucky for her the guy hit like a girl, she ended up with no bruise or anything.
People like this should probably be castrated.
Straight PIITB. Then eat dumplings.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 04:11 PM   #77
E90 87ss
Captain
Rep
Drives: !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK_M3 View Post
I'm no angel. I'm no saint. I often talk like a sailor and occassionally lend ear to indulge my friend's tasteless jokes and pretent to chuckle a bit. But there's a time and a place for certain behavior. Often times I am an angel. I am a saint and I ususally dress appropriately as the occassion necessitates.

But there's a different breed out there today. Young men and women who have no distain for the seemingly crude and often downright embarrasing. One must wonder what their parents think (if their parents think at all). I suppose we can thank the neverending 'in your face' sex and violence brought on by the demand of youth in such things as video games and even primetime television. There's a definite generation of 'vidiots' coming up through the ranks and it is quite disturbing to a certain degree.

One thing that I particularly can't stand is the outward appearance of having absolutely no class and no care for what used to be termed "proper" behavior. That's all gone out the window it would seem today.

Here is a prime example:

Who in their right mind would put such a moronic and crude decal on their car and wear it like a badge of honor? Apparently a WHOLE lot of people. Do their parents sport the same garbage on their Caddy's and Lexus? I doubt it. Do these youth feel at all ashamed or uncomfortable when visiting family while driving the 'boy racer shocker mobile'? Doubtful. It is without a doubt a reflection of one's self and is utterly ridiculous. It used to be the stupid Calvin from Calvin & Hobbes that was pissing on everything. That was stupid enough but as most things go, it must be taken up a notch (or clear to the top as evidence shows).

Just the other day I was sitting in a restaurant waiting for some food and a small group of kids (probably between 18&20yo) came in and without consideration to anyone else in the restaurant, of which their were several small children, starting talking loudly (no surprise) about things such as shaving balls and sucking cock etc. Seriously? Has common sense and just plain old overall decency just gone out the fucking window? "Perfect candidates for the 'shocker' on their vehicle" I thought to myself (although I doubt anything would shock them).

Edit: Those ridiculous "truck nuts" also come to mind.

Didn't read the other post... But parents and peers have the greatest influence over children... Not the media or anything else... it's been proven in the academic world and published in many peer reviewed academic journals...
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 05:27 PM   #78
///Mandy
N54 <3
Rep

Quote:

I guess I can be considered one of these "kids" that grew up in this era since I am in my 20's. I was taught to thank someone if they handed you something, say bless you when someone sneezes, say excuse me if you sneeze or burp in public, or say pardon me when you accidently bump into someone.
+1

Appreciate 0
      07-06-2012, 09:02 PM   #79
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90 87ss View Post
Didn't read the other post... But parents and peers have the greatest influence over children... Not the media or anything else... it's been proven in the academic world and published in many peer reviewed academic journals...
I think the issue is more when there is a lack of parenting. A lot of kids I see in public places have free run and their parents do little to reign them in. When I was a kid, if I was pushing shopping carts into other peoples cars in a parking lot, like I saw some kids do once, I would not be here to type this post because my dad would've kicked me into orbit. That is in stark contrast to the parents of said kids pushing carts, who only told them "How many time have I told you not to do that?" and continued loading up their purchase into their own vehicle.

IMHO, there is too much of a sense of entitlement and lack of discipline in younger people these days. Their parents do not discipline them so they fear no repercussion nor know the consequence of their action(s). No one wants to earn anything these days (including respect). I don't see how the "golden rule" is that hard to live by.

Regarding the UFC comment, it and 'professional wrestling' do not help. Mind you, I used to train muay Thai and Pankration (several years of each). This was well before MMA went mainstream. I can't even begin to recall the amount of wannabe db's that would stroll in wanting to learn "ultimate fighting" because they saw a UFC event on PPV the previous weekend. None of them ever came back after their first class because their egos were too bruised. The best part was that most of them went to the same college as I and there would be the occasional run-in on campus. A few times I ended up walking behind some of them while they were bragging about their 'ultimate fighting' training to some girl they were trying to impress. Me being me, I'd either say hi to them or just bust out laughing. Their facial expressions said it all when they'd turn and see me. Acting tough, I once had a guy hold onto an ankle lock after I tapped. We were only doing drills, not sparring, so you go light....after all, you're just training. Since it was his first class, we went slow, too. He somewhat strained my Achilles tendon as a result of his douchebaggery. Afterwards, he cockily said "Sorry, bro, you should've tapped harder." As they say, though, round 2 is revenge. Later in class, during sparring, I put him in his place several times, called him 'bro', and told him to tap harder next time. He promptly quit.

I am a fan of the 'sport' of MMA from the sporting aspect. There is not that much of it in the US, though (unfortunately). Watch Japanese MMA and see how it contrasts to MMA int he US. Here, they are venues to get drunk and clamor for the gorilla punch knockout. Technique? Who cares if you're not slugging it out. Find your range? F-that...just start swinging. Japanese MMA....you can hear the one person yelling up in the upper deck......because the rest of the crowd is silent. The respect the Japanese fans showed the fighters was awesome. They'd actually be applauding a submission attempt and/or escape as if they were at an opera. Zuffa is just as bad as SEC in choosing the spectacle route vs the sporting route. The only difference between the two is that the former claims to present the sporting side, not the spectacle. /rant
      07-08-2012, 08:58 PM   #80
burton727
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

im 21, and completely agree with the op.. maybe I'm mature for my age, idk.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2012, 10:32 PM   #81
philthy84
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X2

Society as we know in the US is on the decline. There's still plenty of good honest people out there but the bad apples are slowly starting to out number them. I was in no way a saint growing up especially in my teenage years but I did not cause trouble for people who have never done anything to me. Now we have teens go into stores by the dozen to rob them, random shootings of innocent people by young teens to get into a gang, and plenty of other stupid shit I see on the news daily.

I try to mind my own business when out in public. Don't fuck with me and I won't fuck with you type mentality. I let a lot of shit slide but there are certain things I won't stand for in my presence and that's disrespect of the elderly and bullies picking on 1 kid.

For example I was on my commute to work using the public light rail and this 16-20 looking guy was sitting in the senior citizen section of the train and wouldn't move for the elderly lady with a walker. I saw her struggle for 1 stop trying to stay up in a jammed packed aisle others around her were helping her keep her balance. Well at the next stop I had enough and got up from my seat asked the kid to move for the lady and he could have my seat and I'll stand up. The idiot had the nerve to get mad at me, well I just snapped right there and picked up that punk and threw him out the train before it closed the doors. That asshole kept yelling at me through the train door saying he'd beat me down with his friend if he ever sees me again ect.... I don't really care to be honest I have my CHL and always ride public transportation with 7 friends in my right pocket should they ever be needed. Sorry for the long post, that just got my blood boiling reflecting back on that situation.
/end rant
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 02:22 AM   #82
TroyDeJ
Banned
Rep
Drives: around aimlessly

i completely agree with everything said in this thread. Im 18 and i even see how older people act and its horrible. The kids are becoming worse and worse disrespectful assholes with every grade. you should walk into a third grade classroom and listen to what the kids say.
But i like to think this will work in my/our benefit because you will have a split society of normal respectful people and then the rest of the disrespectful shitheads. With this the normal people will have better opportunities.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 02:25 AM   #83
TroyDeJ
Banned
Rep
Drives: around aimlessly

Parents really need to step up and teach there children how to behave. Also our society has turned into a law suit society, people sue and win for almost anything and are not afraid to do it.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 09:59 AM   #84
TeRRoRiFiC35
Private First Class
Rep

Some of you may not agree with this but it is because parents don't punish there kids, they try to use all these unproven methods of doing it that does not help to the kid. Want your kid to stop being a brat? Spank them. Little kid is cursing? Make them hold a bar of soap in their mouth. Kid doesn't want to listen to you? Make them stand in a corner. Sending kids to their bedrooms now isn't a punishment when they have a TV, video games, computer, etc in there. And lets not forget people, phone books don't leave marks.

I forget which method this is, but parents let their kids destroy things in the house so they can get it out of their system. it is their belief that once they are done, they will behave like a normal human being. Whoever came up with this lunacy should be castrated cause I don't want them having kids.

I know whenever I have kids if my kid threatens to call dyphis or whomever on me, I'll tell them to do it. Living in foster care and group homes is much worse.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 10:25 AM   #85
///Mandy
N54 <3
Rep

Quote:
Some of you may not agree with this but it is because parents don't punish there kids, they try to use all these unproven methods of doing it that does not help to the kid. Want your kid to stop being a brat? Spank them. Little kid is cursing? Make them hold a bar of soap in their mouth. Kid doesn't want to listen to you? Make them stand in a corner. Sending kids to their bedrooms now isn't a punishment when they have a TV, video games, computer, etc in there. And lets not forget people, phone books don't leave marks.

I forget which method this is, but parents let their kids destroy things in the house so they can get it out of their system. it is their belief that once they are done, they will behave like a normal human being. Whoever came up with this lunacy should be castrated cause I don't want them having kids.

I know whenever I have kids if my kid threatens to call dyphis or whomever on me, I'll tell them to do it. Living in foster care and group homes is much worse.
I think that maybe alot of parents out there are scared to punish their children for fear of child services taking their kids away or they are parents being charged for assault. Maybe it's the laws that needs to be changed...spanking a child should not be grounds for phyiscal abuse.
It feels to me that this is an ongoing circle with no clarity on the starting point....

Appreciate 0
      07-09-2012, 10:31 AM   #86
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless
North Korea
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92s

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mandy View Post
I think that maybe alot of parents out there are scared to punish their children for fear of child services taking their kids away or they are parents being charged for assault. Maybe it's the laws that needs to be changed...spanking a child should not be grounds for phyiscal abuse.
It feels to me that this is an ongoing circle with no clarity on the starting point....
That is a good point. I remember talking with a few friends about this the other day. We were "reminiscing" about the days when if you acted up in school, you would get a good slap by the teacher, then another few once your parents found out. Would be interested to know when/how the law actually changed to the way it is now.

It's much the same idea as the rest of this thread, but hiring most of these younger kids, they feel as though they are entitled to things as well as being able to do whatever they feel like while at work. Working in the IT industry, I really thought that there would be an overrun of the younger generation coming in to this field. So far, the only thing I see is the kids who did it because they thought it would be easy/cool, and don't know their ass from a hole in the wall when it comes to real skills.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 09:51 AM   #87
Takeshi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i Cabriolet

Quote:
Something similar happened to me 2 weeks ago. I have an AFE cold air intake, Magnaflow full catback exhaust, secondary cat delete and BMS PBX tune. So I shifted into neutral and floored the gas pedal up to 7000 rpms (not good for the car, I know, but so worth it)

You had to see it to believe it. Never would have thought that a chubby girl could suddenly run so fast.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2012, 11:16 AM   #88
///Mandy
N54 <3
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeshi View Post
Never would have thought that a chubby girl could suddenly run so fast.
I admit I laughed.

Appreciate 0