E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > E92 330ci and 335i (Help)

02-03-2014, 02:37 PM   #23
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanCorky View Post
I can't believe everyone has resisted telling him that it is a 330i not a 330Ci?
lol... maybe he was considering an e46?!
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2014, 02:53 PM   #24
phil200tdi
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport E90 LCI manual

If you are interested in power/tuning get the 335i. In all other circumstances you should get the 330i. They are cheaper to buy, more reliable and sound lovely.

My 335i is pushing 450+hp though - still love it after 3yrs..
      02-04-2014, 01:44 PM   #25
no1_jazz
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E30

Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089 View Post
lol... maybe he was considering an e46?!
Opps lol I am still new to all this and still learning.

Right Guys... Thank you all for the information so far.

The most important thing is to go and test both cars and carefully make my mind up.

I can imagine the one i'd actually want being it white in colour with red or tan leather M Sport. Sure this is going to be like a needle in a hay stack to find that to finding one in good condition.

I will be setting out to test both cars this weekend and I will for sure update you all with my results and my findings.

What should be my expectations for both the 335i and 330i apart from the slight or major power difference?

Sorry for the late reply guys but be sure I will be keeping you all posted this weekend providing all goes well.

Thanks again
J
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 08:48 AM   #26
no1_jazz
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Afternoon Guys,

It’s been a rush filled week trying to balance work and finding one to test drive has been a challenge. I can imagine when I have made my mind up and then actually going out to hunt for one is going to be like a needle in a hay stack.

Anyway I managed to test drive a 2010 E92 335I M Sport Coupe with what I presume had the N55 engine.

My results:

From a cold start up, I inserted the key and pressed the start button and fired up the engine. My first impressions, the engine sounded smooth and it demanded attention with the thundery acoustics it gave off. In addition the rear end pipes gave of a sweet popping sound and sounded as good as they looked.

I let the car idle and warm up for at least 20 minutes before taking it from its stable (garage). I sat in and the seat wrapped around my back just like a nice fine young lady should… the seat-belt extension was what I thought a nice little touch of accessibility…. clutch down and into first gear rolled off smoothly into second gear and held it at 4k revs for a second or so and then planted my foot to the mental. I noticed no lag and with much power and acceleration it was like I was glued to a rocket ship, so effortlessly it climbed to 70mph+, the throttle response was absolute spot on.

(the only slight but of lag noticed was at around 20mph in second gear and then planting my foot right down and if I’m honest this was just normal in my experience)..

The handling in a straight line at full throttle was superb. The car did not fish tail at all like the notorious E30’s do. I felt in control of all four wheels and the power I gave to them.

The breaks were sharp and accurate. As for the suspension it was not so soft nor was it so hard, it was pretty much the best of both worlds just right. Rear view visibility was not so great but something I can learn to deal with. The steering felt a little heavy, maybe this is because the car was sat for a week or so. I do not know. What do you guys think?

Boot space available is fair and good enough for my needs.

However there was a little disappointment which I’m sure is very minor for some. The sound system sounded very flat and lifeless for a car of this caliber.

Overall it felt very connective and controlled and by far one of the best coupes I have driven in my days. Drive quality and experience was a pleasure for sure something I can grow to love in fact I think I am in love with it already……

Right guys time for a test drive for an E92 330i M Sport Manual... Let the search continue to actually find one to test drive.

Do you guys recommend any good dealers in and around the London area if so please do let me know?

Deep down I think I’m in love but I must play ti fair and give the 330i a chance.

Regards
Jazz
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 09:37 AM   #27
no1_jazz
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Hi Guys,

This is just a quick msg to ask you all where is the best place to go and hunt for the desired car ?

any dealers in and or around London ?

I have searched on auto trader but have had no luck.

Also which couples came with a sunroof ? I see most of the cars advertised on auto trader hardly have sunroof's.

Thanks in advanced.
Jazz
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2014, 11:09 AM   #28
no1_jazz
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Just an update:

Drove the 330i today and admittedly it was a very smooth run. I felt I really had to push it to actually get it going however living In the red line in each gear is just not healthy.

Both cars were really nice and on your regular drive both are very good for me fairly the same but when driving to drive fast and really burn some fuel the 335i wins for me.

I have made my final choice and that is the 335i.

Question: where is the best place to go ahead and look for one ???

Thanks
Jazz
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2014, 11:21 AM   #29
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1_jazz View Post
Just an update:

Drove the 330i today and admittedly it was a very smooth run. I felt I really had to push it to actually get it going however living In the red line in each gear is just not healthy.

Both cars were really nice and on your regular drive both are very good for me fairly the same but when driving to drive fast and really burn some fuel the 335i wins for me.

I have made my final choice and that is the 335i.

Question: where is the best place to go ahead and look for one ???

Thanks
Jazz

What's your budget?

Try the bmw network first...

then pistonheads and autotrader...

the classified section on here too.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2014, 11:40 AM   #30
no1_jazz
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089 View Post
What's your budget?

Try the bmw network first...

then pistonheads and autotrader...

the classified section on here too.
The Ideal car

E92 335i M Sport Manual - White
N55 Engine
Red or Tan leather seats
Pro Nav desirable but if not then not to bothered.

Generally making sure all is tight and we'll with the car mechanically and body wise.

Budget £10k to 15k

I'm already presuming the ones listed on the BMW network will start from the 17k mark and go up to 25k.

I will have a look either way. I'm in no rush and a, actively looking around so as and when I do find one I will be sure to take a few snaps and post away.

Question: What is the difference between having pro Nav ? Apart from showing you where you are to go on a wide screen display. What else?

Thanks
J
Appreciate 0