E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Best winter sealant??

10-26-2010, 06:54 PM   #23
JohnnyT
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 4Runner. Former 09 328i.

Trouble is, with Collinite, it seems to be more durable as a wax than some (perhaps, most) sealants.

I have Meguiars NXT Wax/Sealant as well and put 2 layers of it on about 6 weeks ago. It's holding up really well.

So which should be the base coat?? The NXT (which is truly a polymer sealant) or the Collinite??

I also read elsewhere on this forum that Collinite on top of BFWD had some kind of bonding issue. I'm thinking that I'm just simply going to go with 2 layers of Collinite (with a 24 hr wait in between) for the winter.

Thoughts??
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2010, 09:11 PM   #24
fisherbln
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyT View Post
Trouble is, with Collinite, it seems to be more durable as a wax than some (perhaps, most) sealants.

I have Meguiars NXT Wax/Sealant as well and put 2 layers of it on about 6 weeks ago. It's holding up really well.

So which should be the base coat?? The NXT (which is truly a polymer sealant) or the Collinite??

I also read elsewhere on this forum that Collinite on top of BFWD had some kind of bonding issue. I'm thinking that I'm just simply going to go with 2 layers of Collinite (with a 24 hr wait in between) for the winter.

Thoughts??
I haven't used NXT or BFWD myself so I can't advise you on those. However, I have no doubt that 2 layers of Collinite alone will work well as your winter protection. I use Zaino with a top layer of Collinite and it works great.
      10-27-2010, 08:42 AM   #25
Bobble
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Whatever POS the wife leaves

Collinite is a carnuba based wax with outstanding protection qualities. I would layer it over a sealant of your choice. Mine is BFWD, used some of the others and like the gloss and wet look of BFWD over those. I use PB Nattys Blue on top of that by hand.
Appreciate 0