E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Climate control - AUC fail? How to reset? HELP!!!!!

02-02-2018, 05:51 AM   #1
cooltunes42
Registered
Rep
Drives: 320D ED

Climate control - AUC fail? How to reset? HELP!!!!!

HELP! I've got an issue with my E90 320d efficient dynamics, 2011. The re-circulation for the Climate Control doesn't work when it is set to auto mode and I press for re-circulation mode - in other words, I can't stop bad smells coming into the car. I have replaced the sensor and if I take the Climate Control off auto and direct the airflow myself, then the re-circulation does work - I have taken the filter off and watched the flap close, but of course, I would prefer this to work when Auto is selected and I press the re-circulation when required.

Anyone know how I can get it to work on Auto mode again? I have had the car code read, nothing showing. Someone suggested disconnecting the battery and reconnecting to see if this resets it? A bit of a concern with this is that I don't have the radio code - does it need one these days?!

Thanks

Last edited by cooltunes42; 02-04-2018 at 04:46 AM.. Reason: More detail
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2018, 11:14 AM   #2
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooltunes42 View Post
HELP! I've got an issue with my E90 320d efficient dynamics, 2011. The re-circulation for the Climate Control doesn't work when it is set to auto mode and I press for re-circulation mode - in other words, I can't stop bad smells coming into the car. I have replaced the sensor and if I take the Climate Control off auto and direct the airflow myself, then the re-circulation does work - I have taken the filter off and watched the flap close, but of course, I would prefer this to work when Auto is selected and I press the re-circulation when required.

Anyone know how I can get it to work on Auto mode again? I have had the car code read, nothing showing. Someone suggested disconnecting the battery and reconnecting to see if this resets it? A bit of a concern with this is that I don't have the radio code - does it need one these days?!

Thanks
Does it work in Auto at any time, like when you first start up? Then appear to drop out after a period of time?

If it does start correctly, it can be the way AUC is programmed, there are parameters where fresh air overrides a closed air circuit. Humidity sensor is involved and along with ambient temperature sensing, there is a timed sequence to opening and closing the flaps. You can't necessarily override it in Auto mode. I can have a similar problem in my F11, if ambient temperature is low and humidity is high.

If it doesn't ever work in Auto, then the comments above may have no relevance.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2018, 04:40 PM   #3
cooltunes42
Registered
Rep
Drives: 320D ED

Recirculation

Sorry, just seen your reply....

The only time it appears to work in Auto mode is when the engine is not started - in other words, I can hear the change when the flap closes. As soon as the engine is started, I can am unable to manually change it to close the flap. It doesn't work on auto mode at all.

Maybe I should disconnect the battery to see if it resets itself?
Appreciate 0