E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Have a Rant Thread...

11-25-2015, 02:58 PM   #23
Somerset Jim
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 LCI DCT & F01 730d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken_Gearbox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerset Jim
Came back to my car after a couple of hours in the office and found some Good Samaritan had modified my paint job on the drivers door

[IMG]http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/...s7jo4rgvr.jpeg[/IMG]
Wtf? At your work place?
No in a road just around the corner. We don't have any parking at the office. Took it to the local body shop and they're saying £250 + vat!
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 04:41 AM   #24
raptor_f22
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 330d M Sport Auto

Two things grinding my gears at the moment

First is living down south I understand that space is at a premium but i'm now sick and tired of idiots slamming their car doors against mine or someone else's because they're too bone idle to park properly. Heaven forbid you should walk another 5 paces to get to the supermarket entrance instead of squeezing your bloody car into a space that's already to small for it.
Do people really not give a flying f*ck about causing others damage? Just because you don't care about your motor why damage somebody else's?
And why is it that whenever I park as far as possible from an entrance to avoid this exact situation, some tosser in a banger will seek me out and park next to me resulting in my well looked after car eventually looking like the moon's surface full of bloody craters!
Happened to my old Honda and drove me insane. Determined it won't happen again to my E92

Secondly, i'm a 'young' driver and yes although I drive a 330 I don't believe the streets are my personal race track and don't drive recklessly. So why is it that just because other drivers notice the BMW badge they expect me to drive 120mph everywhere I go and put my foot down in the 5 seconds it takes to travel between traffic lights?!
Kindly f*ck off with your shite motor and appalling driving, stop flashing your lights, stop tail gating me and don't expect me to turn into Lewis Hamilton every time the light turns green.

Rant over. For now.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 06:25 AM   #25
half Colin
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 330D M Sport

Take the 330 numbers off the boot lid. I did and now the boy racers dont try it on. 👍
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 06:51 AM   #26
raptor_f22
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by half Colin View Post
Take the 330 numbers off the boot lid. I did and now the boy racers dont try it on. 👍
Guess I'm stubborn that way, don't want to demarc my car for some inconsiderate plonker. Also find that the most aggressive people in my rear view mirror are women, especially those in Chelsea tractors
Appreciate 1
      12-29-2015, 12:35 PM   #27
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_f22
Quote:
Guess I'm stubborn that way, don't want to demarc my car for some inconsiderate plonker. Also find that the most aggressive people in my rear view mirror are women, especially those in Chelsea tractors
We were in the Cotswolds on the weekend. Broad was in a ditch on the phone and she said: "but it's four wheel drive it shouldn't have crashed!"
Appreciate 1
      12-29-2015, 03:00 PM   #28
bazz780
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 330d m sport

I find this exact thing, bloody idiots tail gating me in 20-30mph roads, they come from down the road really fast and start flashing, weaving to move me out the way at correct speed limit

Other day had a ponce in a evoque doing just that,

Its worse when im in the wifes vw and bmw drivers do the above bringing shame to the brand
Appreciate 1
      12-29-2015, 03:43 PM   #29
raptor_f22
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazz780 View Post
I find this exact thing, bloody idiots tail gating me in 20-30mph roads, they come from down the road really fast and start flashing, weaving to move me out the way at correct speed limit

Other day had a ponce in a evoque doing just that,

Its worse when im in the wifes vw and bmw drivers do the above bringing shame to the brand
haha yeah, tbh even when I didn't have the BMW, I felt like Audi drivers were by far the worst.

There's a strange camaraderie with other Bimmer drivers now, I notice we give each other way, politely wait a few moments before tailgating and even use those strange indicator things I've heard a lot about....
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 01:18 AM   #30
MERLIN335i
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: Gone: E92 M3 Competition Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_f22 View Post
And why is it that whenever I park as far as possible from an entrance to avoid this exact situation, some tosser in a banger will seek me out and park next to me :
I have a theory on this, the morons who do this, are incapable of positioning a car between two lines, or half blind, or too lazy, so they need to park right up against another car, so then they "know" where to park

I always park with at least ten spaces empty in all directions, going back to the car on one occasion I spot a stupid cow in a shitty Kia about to take out the side of my M3, the "about to" should tell you what happened next, me sprinting at my car/her car, she decided I was a loony, and suddenly pulled off and did the same to some other poor sod.

Never had the chance to one of these morons, to ask WHY, to test my theory.

I feel a little better now
Appreciate 1
      01-27-2016, 05:07 AM   #31
FHE92
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Nothing interesting....

These people are so inconsiderate!

I like many of you choose the park the furthest away from the entrance of the place I am visiting.

What I don't get is why they don't park in the remaining 90% of the car park, instead of next to me!

Last edited by FHE92; 02-02-2016 at 04:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 05:49 AM   #32
djgandy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MERLIN335i View Post
I have a theory on this, the morons who do this, are incapable of positioning a car between two lines, or half blind, or too lazy, so they need to park right up against another car, so then they "know" where to park

I always park with at least ten spaces empty in all directions, going back to the car on one occasion I spot a stupid cow in a shitty Kia about to take out the side of my M3, the "about to" should tell you what happened next, me sprinting at my car/her car, she decided I was a loony, and suddenly pulled off and did the same to some other poor sod.

Never had the chance to one of these morons, to ask WHY, to test my theory.

I feel a little better now
I have the exact same theory. In general, people are terrible at parking without a car next to them.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2016, 12:18 PM   #33
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep

It always makes me laugh though. I park a distance away and walk it to the destination and when I come back there is almost always a car by me. I think of all the 500 bays you had to choose that one! Gets my goat!
Appreciate 1
      01-28-2016, 07:11 AM   #34
AWSAWS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 GC Turbos, FBO, 335i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken_Gearbox View Post
It always makes me laugh though. I park a distance away and walk it to the destination and when I come back there is almost always a car by me. I think of all the 500 bays you had to choose that one! Gets my goat!
Exact same thing here!

Went into a Halfords. parked as far away as I could. Loads of spaces right next to the shop itself. This was 7:30pm! The place was as empty as can be.

Come out and there's a car right next to me. Luckily on the passenger side or I would barely have been able to open my door to get in.

Makes me wonder how he got out without hitting my car tho?
GC Turbos, FBO, JB4, DCT, Port Meth injection, BMS Charge Pipe, NGK plugs. EBC brakes and pads, LED Angel lights, LED foglights, LCI rears OCC, Braided brake lines. Custom Diff Lockdown Kit, VTT inlets, TMAP, stage 2+ fuel pump
11.79@119mph (stock turbos)
11.74@129mph (GC Turbos)
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2016, 05:33 PM   #35
mjn77
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 LCI Jerez Black

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Yup, had same thing at Nandos on Friday.

My legs work, so don't walking an extra 100 metres to a shop, however, some miron had rhe same idea and parked within a few cms of me. What was wrong with the other 10 spaces either side of me?!?!??
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2016, 03:17 AM   #36
half Colin
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 330D M Sport

There's another theory as well that they park next to a nice car because the owner will be carefull of their car. Eitherway it pisses me off.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2016, 12:33 AM   #37
MERLIN335i
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: Gone: E92 M3 Competition Pack

Quote:
There's another theory as well that they park next to a nice car because the owner will be carefull of their car. Eitherway it pisses me off.
I personally think this theory is flawed, because every time it has happened to me, the car parked next to me is a rusty, dirty, sh*t heap, which doesn't indicate they have much pride in their vehicle.

Highly unlikely to give a toss if it gets yet another dent.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2016, 02:32 AM   #38
BirdsEye
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

I had this the other day when I was at tesco, must have been at least 6/7 spaces either side of my car, popped in for 10 mins and came out and a banger was next to me. Not much boils my blood more lately...what goes through their fucking brain?!
Appreciate 1
      02-01-2016, 07:18 AM   #39
raptor_f22
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWSAWS View Post
Exact same thing here!

Went into a Halfords. parked as far away as I could. Loads of spaces right next to the shop itself. This was 7:30pm! The place was as empty as can be.

Come out and there's a car right next to me. Luckily on the passenger side or I would barely have been able to open my door to get in.

Makes me wonder how he got out without hitting my car tho?
The sad fact is, he/she probably did hit your car. I've seen so many people not give a rat's arse about hitting someone else's car.

It used to be those with new or 'prestige' cars like Bimmer's were more careful but now with so many people on PCP schemes etc, they just have a care free attitude. "not my car, not my problem" pretty much.

It's so f**king annoying because my 2007 car had NO dents in it at all when I bought it a few months ago, despite some shite paintwork courtesy of the last owner but I digress....fast forward to now and the dents are creeping in because of inconsiderate idiots in car parks.

hardest part is proving it to make someone cough up for the damage.

If you ever challenge anyone, you just get the "oh what an arsehole, typical BMW owner" vibe from them
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2016, 08:07 AM   #40
AWSAWS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 GC Turbos, FBO, 335i DCT

Quote:
The sad fact is, he/she probably did hit your car. I've seen so many people not give a rat's arse about hitting someone else's car.

It used to be those with new or 'prestige' cars like Bimmer's were more careful but now with so many people on PCP schemes etc, they just have a care free attitude. "not my car, not my problem" pretty much.

It's so f**king annoying because my 2007 car had NO dents in it at all when I bought it a few months ago, despite some shite paintwork courtesy of the last owner but I digress....fast forward to now and the dents are creeping in because of inconsiderate idiots in car parks.

If you ever challenge anyone, you just get the "oh what an arsehole, typical BMW owner" vibe from them
My excess is either £1000 or £2000 (to get the annual payment down), so I have to assume no minor incidents will be worth claiming for. I lost my no claims by spending 2 yrs outside of the UK. At the time I didn't know that was a thing. I had about 6 years no claims back in 2008. Come back in 2010 and back to 0.
GC Turbos, FBO, JB4, DCT, Port Meth injection, BMS Charge Pipe, NGK plugs. EBC brakes and pads, LED Angel lights, LED foglights, LCI rears OCC, Braided brake lines. Custom Diff Lockdown Kit, VTT inlets, TMAP, stage 2+ fuel pump
11.79@119mph (stock turbos)
11.74@129mph (GC Turbos)
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2016, 08:28 AM   #41
loknar
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i e90 iDrive

Oh crap you guys make me terrified. I'm buying a cam right NOW. Used to have a blueskysea cam from ebay and it was good and cheap. If you have recommended brands/models pls let me know. No excuse not to have one and protect yourself.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2016, 08:47 AM   #42
raptor_f22
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by loknar View Post
Oh crap you guys make me terrified. I'm buying a cam right NOW. Used to have a blueskysea cam from ebay and it was good and cheap. If you have recommended brands/models pls let me know. No excuse not to have one and protect yourself.
I bought a nextbase one (the small square one) from Tesco using my clubcard points so got it for £6 down from £48! Bargain. Not the most amazing field of view but it's discreet so doesn't get in your way and dodgy people aren't tempted to steal it. Would recommend, it's pretty simple but fairly basic as a consequence.

Oh and going back to one of my original posts (on this thread I think...) I'm saving up to buy one for the rear.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2016, 08:49 AM   #43
raptor_f22
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWSAWS View Post
My excess is either £1000 or £2000 (to get the annual payment down), so I have to assume no minor incidents will be worth claiming for. I lost my no claims by spending 2 yrs outside of the UK. At the time I didn't know that was a thing. I had about 6 years no claims back in 2008. Come back in 2010 and back to 0.
What?!!?! That's insane! who is your insurance company? I'm 27, have 3 years no claims and have £0 voluntary and compulsory excess. Admittedly I take a hit on the premium as a result but worked out that the excess amount is never in proportion to the reduction in premium - plus I never have that much just sat in my bank account waiting to be handed over in the awful circumstance of something happening.

I'd be too if my 6 years was taken off me! Hope you have better luck in the future. Rip off industry!
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2016, 11:54 AM   #44
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWSAWS
Quote:

My mate came to the UK from Italy after 4 years and informed his insurer that he had 4 years NCB. They never asked for any proof. The truth is he does have 4 but I wonder why you lose it if you are out for 2 years. Stupid ass rule if it does exist. Makes me mad!
Appreciate 1