E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Help: Can't get BMW System Tools to Function

10-26-2015, 02:24 PM   #1
PourBoi-Jay
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i M-Sport

Help: Can't get BMW System Tools to Function

Hey everyone,

Over the last few days, I've been trying to install a number of different BMW System Tools packs on two different computers (a 32-bit pc with Windows Vista, and a 64-bit w/ Windows 7), and I haven't had success.

Depending on which downloads I use, I've been able to get all programs installed, but they either wouldn't open or I wouldn't be able to load any of the scripts. I followed all instructions to the letter, but I was still unsuccessful. I'm sure I'm just missing something that an experience person can fix.

I've deleted all old versions, and I'm starting over (again!).

Can someone please advise?

I'm simply looking to code my new Index 12 injectors.

Sorry for the noob questions that I'm SURE have been answered a million times.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2015, 06:01 PM   #2
wildcatcrazy
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2009 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PourBoi-Jay
Hey everyone,

Over the last few days, I've been trying to install a number of different BMW System Tools packs on two different computers (a 32-bit pc with Windows Vista, and a 64-bit w/ Windows 7), and I haven't had success.

Depending on which downloads I use, I've been able to get all programs installed, but they either wouldn't open or I wouldn't be able to load any of the scripts. I followed all instructions to the letter, but I was still unsuccessful. I'm sure I'm just missing something that an experience person can fix.

I've deleted all old versions, and I'm starting over (again!).

Can someone please advise?

I'm simply looking to code my new Index 12 injectors.

Sorry for the noob questions that I'm SURE have been answered a million times.
Pm sent
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2015, 11:13 AM   #3
JP335NY
Registered
Rep
Drives: 09 335i Msport

Hello,

I'm also in the same position trying to code new index injectors on an 09 335 w/ MSD81.
I've spent several days now trying to get the software configured with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

It wasn't clear if I could use MSD80 with Inpa 5.0.2 or if I needed the newer Inpa release.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2015, 02:17 PM   #4
wildcatcrazy
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2009 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP335NY
Hello,

I'm also in the same position trying to code new index injectors on an 09 335 w/ MSD81.
I've spent several days now trying to get the software configured with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

It wasn't clear if I could use MSD80 with Inpa 5.0.2 or if I needed the newer Inpa release.
You can use MSD80 to code them with the latest version of INPA and DATENs. Just installed and verified this with another member.
Appreciate 0