Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Barbera Red with Shadowline, Black Grills, Tint - Gunmetal or Hyperblack Wheels?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

03-07-2013, 10:47 AM   #1
pinemind
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i M-sport 6 sp manual

Barbera Red with Shadowline, Black Grills, Tint - Gunmetal or Hyperblack Wheels?

All,

Having completed my M-sport bumper upgrade, I'm fully black on trims, grills, and tints on my Barbera Red coupe.

Now I need to decide on a wheel color and I've got it down to Gunmetal or Hyperblack. I don't think Hypersilver/silver will look good but I could be wrong (convice me, I love the Rials on it now, could just upgrade to 18").

Between the two, what do you guys think given the color and trim being black? Just worried with hyperblack being a little too-chromey/flashy, but also gunmetal can sometimes look dirty/muted.

Currently the car is on 17" Rial Salerno Silver for winter at stock height. Wheels I'm leaning towards are Forgestar CF5 or Apex ARC-8 (5 spoke which I like from the Rials vs CSL style).

Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 11:45 AM   #2
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinemind View Post
Just worried with hyperblack being a little too-chromey/flashy, but also gunmetal can sometimes look dirty/muted.
That's what I was worried about too...luckily the hyperblack looks great! Pics don't really do it justice, but here's my set:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...9&postcount=11

I'm glad I didn't go with gunmetal, otherwise they would look too dark IMO, especially when not 100% clean. The nice thing about hyperblack is that even when they are completely covered with brake dust, they don't look dirty; they just look gunmetal lol
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 11:53 AM   #3
pinemind
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCobra94 View Post
That's what I was worried about too...luckily the hyperblack looks great! Pics don't really do it justice, but here's my set:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...9&postcount=11

I'm glad I didn't go with gunmetal, otherwise they would look too dark IMO, especially when not 100% clean. The nice thing about hyperblack is that even when they are completely covered with brake dust, they don't look dirty; they just look gunmetal lol
Thanks. I've seen hyperblack on a similar Barbera. Thing is, your car has the aluminum trim, chrome kidney's and, chrome bumper accents. I'm just wondering since I have zero of that, will the chrome-flash of hyperblack clash, where the gunmetal would be more in line. Decisions ...
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 12:10 PM   #4
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

I'm pretty sure those are hyperblacks...not sure if that helps though.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 12:15 PM   #5
pinemind
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCobra94 View Post
I'm pretty sure those are hyperblacks...not sure if that helps though.
Hmm, still on the fence. I think that's just hyperblack in general. Sometimes you love it, sometimes it looks "eh."

Where did you find all these Barbera Red photos (aside from yours)? The thread in the Gallery could use some of these .
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2013, 01:23 PM   #6
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

That's a good question lol I think I just scoured this forum for "Barbera Red" when I first bought it and started saving pics as I found 'em. It was tough trying to pick between all the different wheels out there.
Appreciate 0