E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Not a good experience with E92-Lighting so far...

07-13-2011, 09:17 PM   #1
Magic-Man
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54

Thumbs down Not a good experience with E92-Lighting so far...

Ordered their thick OEM style spoiler for my Alpine White E90. Countless folks have had a great experience with them so I went ahead & bought from them.

Spoiler arrived last Friday. I mocked it up & not only does the paint not match, but 1 corner is damaged. Looks like someone bumped it before the paint dried.

I was disappointed, but not the end of the world. Every company has mistakes. It's how they handle them that makes the company good or bad.

I emailed & PMed them Sunday. Not in on weekends, no problem. I call Monday to let them know of the issue & that I sent the email. What am I told? We need pictures of the spoiler. I asked for an exchange not a refund so why would I lie?! Anyway, he tells me don't send photos to the info address & they will respond with a different email. Can't give me said email over the phone to speed this up?! So Monday night I get an email reply from them w/the otehr address asking for photos of the spoiler, a photo of the shipping box & a photo of the shipping label. WTF?! Do they think I made this up or do they not know how to keep track of which vendor they get their stuff from?????

I send that stuff Monday night. It's now after EOB Wednesday with no response (I even sent anotehr email & PM today to follow up). 48+ hours and not even a "Hey, we got it & are working on getting your replacement out."

I'll be calling again tomorrow to get an ETA on the call tag for this spoiler & ETA on my replacement. I'm hoping to not get the run around again, but if I do I'm going to chargeback the amount.

Photos are below. As you can see, the spoiler is brighter than my car. It was hard to get a photo to show just how much brighter than my car it is.

Appreciate 0
      07-16-2011, 09:59 PM   #2
Magic-Man
Banned
United_States
Rep

Well, apparently posting this thread got them to come out of the woodwork & respond. In fact, they refused to even send me a replacement spoiler. I was told their paint shop said it was a 95% match LOL!

#1 - Let's just say it was 95%, even though it's far from 95%. I don't know about you guys, but when I buy something, I expect to receive what I paid for. I paid for 100% match.

#2 - As I said, they refused to do an exchange so they refunded me instead. That's retarded on their end IMO, but ok with me as I already spent the $ with another vendor, that actually wants business, for the same item. This shows how much confidence they have in their paint shop, huh?!

#3 - "Derrick" from E92-Lighting claimed they are actually losing money as it cost them $290 for each of these spoilers. I had to LOL again. Sure it does, Derrick. Sounds like you're in business to lose money then. When do you close your doors?

#4 - It seems as though they don't give two craps when it is your money they are playing with, but when it is theirs, they find the time to email and PM you several times in a few hour span on the same day. They were telling me I had to edit my thread before the 24 hr thread title edit limit expired to tell everyone I got a refund. I am sure Derrick and crew are reading this. As I told them, I would update the thread once the refund hit my card. It did hit my card so here I am.

I would advise not doing business with these guys. They don't reply to issues until it's their money and such on the line. They certainly don't value your business or your hard earned cash.

Despite Derrick saying he would cover return shipping many times, there was no $ added to my refund to cover shipping this spoiler back to them. I am still waiting for a response about the call tag for this defective spoiler. I just sent another email about the call tag tonight.

I'm not sending it back on my dime. Furthermore, Derrick said they would cover shipping. So, Derrick, are you going to honor your word or not? You can have this thing back, but I'm not paying to ship it.

Last edited by Magic-Man; 07-17-2011 at 01:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2011, 10:14 PM   #3
1bad335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 335I/ 2012 335I sportline

I too had a bad experinece with E92. I spent a couple of hundred bucks with them for Angel eyes, Gp thunders and int. LED light kit. Well they were nothing but quick and helpful with responses before I placed my order but guess what...I had a complaint about the Int. LED kits which was IMHO no better than any other kit out there as far as flickering lights and LED panels which were to big to fit properly in the domes. I got absolutely no response back at all. I sent them a couple of emails with 0 responses and I posted a comment somewhere on the site as well. I know that there are many here that swear by them and that's great. For me, they sucked. 89.00 bucks for an LED kit that was no better than the cheap sets on the market means 0 to me. So, they will never see my money again nor will I suggest their services to anyone else. 95% paint match....they haved balls even saying such nonsense. By the way that color match is lucky to be 75% IMHO, Maybe Stevie Wonder would be good with that match but c'mon. Color does fade due to UV rays and age but gimme a break, that's not even close. Plenty of other vendors out there. Buy where you are treated right. Now all the E92 groupies can bang their drum.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2011, 10:51 AM   #4
eekthecat
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 428i

EDIT: Nevermind, don't want to get involved in any further drama. Things that have needed to be said have been said, by all parties.

Last edited by eekthecat; 07-18-2011 at 12:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2011, 01:27 PM   #5
Magic-Man
Banned
United_States
Rep

Derrick, you can continue to email me & whine about bad feedback on the forum, but not say anything about the call tag for this spoiler?!

I guess I have a free spoiler. You have 48 hours from now to get me the call tag. This thing isn't going to collect dust in my garage forever.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2011, 01:59 PM   #6
Shellacked135i
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i, 09 335xi

I cant believe people still continue to purchase from that vendor after the countless horror stories. Good luck with everything OP
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2011, 02:03 PM   #7
Express
Major General
Israel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.30]
^^^ agree
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2011, 02:15 PM   #8
Magic-Man
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellacked135i View Post
I cant believe people still continue to purchase from that vendor after the countless horror stories. Good luck with everything OP
Derrick PMed & emailed me saying I can keep the spoiler. I'm listing it for sale now. If anyone wants it, you'll have to get it repainted.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2011, 02:16 PM   #9
Express
Major General
Israel
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.30]
ill start the bidding at free 99
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2011, 03:15 AM   #10
nukezero
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 series

i think they obviously know that they painted this the wrong color. There are like so many variations of Alpine White from BMW, including AW 1, 2, and 3. This is probably a variation of it.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 05:36 PM   #11
lancealot72
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 335i M-sport

oh man, I wish i would have seen this before I ordered from them two weeks ago.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2011, 01:46 AM   #12
Shazmonkee
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92

Garage List
So they refunded you, and let you keep the spoiler? lol
Appreciate 0