E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Version 30 ECU update..

07-01-2008, 07:46 PM   #199
Quisp
Does not play well with others
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Sorry Nova. I knew I could edit but was unaware I could delete.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2008, 12:34 AM   #200
Lotus99
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C & 18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quisp View Post
You've got to click the Go Advance option to see it once you click the Edit button.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2008, 09:56 AM   #201
ezatnova
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quisp View Post
Hey man, no appologies needed to me! I was just trying to help clean up the postings since they had potential to start getting people fired up!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2008, 09:58 AM   #202
ezatnova
Colonel
United_States
Rep

So while I'm here I might as well make a moderately useful post. Over on the 29.2 thread, it was recently posted that: v30 is confirmed (by BMW) to not address the problems with v29.2 and was made to update other random stuff. To make it worse, word is that there are no fixes planned any time in the near future at least, to fix the 29.2 woes. This all comes from a colleage in Germany, dealing with a PUMA'd case. You can read it all on that thread.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2008, 10:49 AM   #203
danniexi
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 F97 X3M Comp LCI

Garage List
bump... subscribed...

car: Jan 08 build... pre 29.2.

i brought my car in for service on wednesday for a number of issues (RFT bubbles, rattle in suspension/alignment, long cranks during start). RFTs will most likely not be replaced under tire/wheel insurance, rattle was due to broken shock which will be covered.... but the long cranks.... the SA said...

"We did a software upgrade for you. We checked your HPFP which is up to date."

DUHN DUHN DUHNNNNN. The dreaded words from the SA... "software update."

When I initially brought my car in, he said that there was no software update needed for my car. I thought to myself "strange, but good. no upgrade for me." Now that he has done it, I'm worried as hell. I asked him which progman it is and he said he wasn't sure since "BMW creates updates every week or two weeks." I was thinking BS, but whatever. I'll get the car back next week update you guys to see if this lag is apparent.

And to those who have contributed to the thread... THANK YOU! I've learned so much
BMW MY06 E46 325XI - GONE
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2008, 11:05 AM   #204
BzzzBom
Major
Rep
Drives: 05 R53 MINI / 09 335i Coupe

Due to recent software problems my dealership has placed all software updates on hold.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2008, 12:43 PM   #205
ezatnova
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by danniexi View Post
bump... subscribed...

And to those who have contributed to the thread... THANK YOU! I've learned so much
Thanks man. I hope for the best for you, but....I kind of know what's coming your way next week. Just be sure to post an update and let us knows your thoughts once you do get it. If it's bad news, which it very well might be, be sure to go to the "Official 29.2..." thread and sign up, then use the listed ways to pester BMW.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2008, 12:44 PM   #206
ezatnova
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BzzzBom View Post
Due to recent software problems my dealership has placed all software updates on hold.
Wow, interesting. Any chance you can ask "WHAT issues exactly?" It'd be nice if it's others complaining of lag.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2008, 12:55 PM   #207
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep
Drives: '08 335i cabrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmariachi View Post
I think so honestly. I had a wastegate ticking noise and replacing the actuators didnt help. They checked the turbos and it was perfectly fine. But wastegate valve inside turbocharger manifold is rattling. They decided to change the turbos finally. Both of them.

joining this thread late: i have an OCCASSIONAL very soft ticking noise ticking noise at idle (only)..... is this the ticking noise your refer to??

thanks

btw, 29.2 SUCKS.....unfortunately i found this out first hand
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2008, 10:03 PM   #208
luca335i
Major
Rep
Drives: 335I Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlife View Post
joining this thread late: i have an OCCASSIONAL very soft ticking noise ticking noise at idle (only)..... is this the ticking noise your refer to??

thanks

btw, 29.2 SUCKS.....unfortunately i found this out first hand
Mine was updated to 30.0 before I flashed my car with Dinan and I felt no lag whatsoever. I think they only update when you have a problem. They updated to 30.0 when I had a vanos problem.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2008, 09:11 PM   #209
Quisp
Does not play well with others
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

I got 30.0.2 and it definitely has some hesitation before the kick. Still has power but it comes on more like an older turbo kind of abrupt, not a smooth, steady surge. I also noticed that it starts up a little rougher now, car shakes a bit at first start and a different sound from exhaust.
      08-01-2008, 11:50 PM   #210
jhsti
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i sedan

So I went in for an oil change the other day and told them I would wait for the car. The dealer said it would only take an hour. After 2 hours of waiting they said the oil change was done but when the techs were trying to reset the maintenance data, the computer screwed up and advanced the interval too far so they said they needed to re-load the software. So after 6 hours I get version 30.0.2 and it sucks! There is a lot of lag and I'm pissed. I previously had ver 27 I think. The only upside is I seem to be able to shift smoother now and the louder exhaust.

Has anyone else got the new software shoved down their throat without asking for it? My paranoid side thinks something sneaky is going on at BMW.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2008, 07:07 AM   #211
ezatnova
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsti View Post
So I went in for an oil change the other day and told them I would wait for the car. The dealer said it would only take an hour. After 2 hours of waiting they said the oil change was done but when the techs were trying to reset the maintenance data, the computer screwed up and advanced the interval too far so they said they needed to re-load the software. So after 6 hours I get version 30.0.2 and it sucks! There is a lot of lag and I'm pissed. I previously had ver 27 I think. The only upside is I seem to be able to shift smoother now and the louder exhaust.

Has anyone else got the new software shoved down their throat without asking for it? My paranoid side thinks something sneaky is going on at BMW.
Welcome to bmw hell. Be sure to sign up on the official check in thread.
Appreciate 0