E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > My lease question..

06-15-2007, 03:59 PM   #67
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly View Post
I have found many times where you can save up to 2K leasing to buy, over just buying, on the exact same car.
That would mean that the leasing co. doesn't know how to do something, whether it's in calculating the residual value of their property, being aware of interest rates, forgetting to overcharge in bogus acquisition and paperwork fees, etc.

You don't put any money up-front, you rent a car for 3 years, and then you work it so you obtain that property for less than it would cost someone who financed it and put a considerable downpay up-front. Maybe what you say is true, maybe not. Just that it doesn't make any common sense.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2007, 04:01 PM   #68
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by stooken View Post
Yeah but lets say you financed your car and sold it after 37 months, you have nothing to show either. Heck, your total out of pocket for the car over those 37 months were probably way more too. The point of leasing is to change cars every 3 years or so.
Say what? You sell the car 37 mos. later, you take the selling price, subtract anything that's owed, and that's what you have as equity. But why would you sell a car after 36 mos.? A car's useful life is at least twice, if not 3X that. What's going on around here, does anybody graduate HS anymore?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2007, 04:04 PM   #69
flush01
Major
Rep
Drives: 33m@%#ing5

Quote:
Originally Posted by achien View Post
Different people have different perspectives on "debt", do you consider a person having a mortgage is in debt?
mortgage is not really a debt, you can always sell your house and get $ back...
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2007, 04:09 PM   #70
Lassaxi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: April ED - E90 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by John 070 View Post
That would mean that the leasing co. doesn't know how to do something, whether it's in calculating the residual value of their property, being aware of interest rates, forgetting to overcharge in bogus acquisition and paperwork fees, etc.

You don't put any money up-front, you rent a car for 3 years, and then you work it so you obtain that property for less than it would cost someone who financed it and put a considerable downpay up-front. Maybe what you say is true, maybe not. Just that it doesn't make any common sense.
This is wrong on so many levels, I don't even know where to start.