E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Xdelete nightmare

12-25-2020, 09:03 PM   #1
N55lif3
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i n55

Xdelete nightmare

Trying to flash my car back to awd and the app starts saying that I didn’t buy the flasher. I’ve used the app for over a year now. Tried updating, reinstalling app and phone, still same thing and it’s the right account as I can flash xhp on it aswell. I was in an emergency situation as it was pouring snow out of no where. I ended up buying the flasher again which I’m sure will be refunded back to me but the funny part is, I tried to flash it and it would keep failing and giving me ‘Error occurred, please look at manual’ in the middle of the flash. When I gave up and started the car, I had the traction limp mode errors and had no traction control and still was rwd. I tried two different android phones and they both gave me the same issue. After it would fail flashing it would actually stop detecting that the ignition was on as well. And of course my battery would die right after all those failed attempts.

11.4s@120mph (Full Weight + 50lb ea wheel on street) // E30 Wedge Performance
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2020, 09:55 PM   #2
michaelalex17
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Manual Wagon

Saw you posted in the other Xdelete thread. Hopefully you get it sorted out!
      12-26-2020, 10:22 PM   #3
Bimmer_Bro
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335xi LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by N55lif3 View Post
Trying to flash my car back to awd and the app starts saying that I didn’t buy the flasher. I’ve used the app for over a year now. Tried updating, reinstalling app and phone, still same thing and it’s the right account as I can flash xhp on it aswell. I was in an emergency situation as it was pouring snow out of no where. I ended up buying the flasher again which I’m sure will be refunded back to me but the funny part is, I tried to flash it and it would keep failing and giving me ‘Error occurred, please look at manual’ in the middle of the flash. When I gave up and started the car, I had the traction limp mode errors and had no traction control and still was rwd. I tried two different android phones and they both gave me the same issue. After it would fail flashing it would actually stop detecting that the ignition was on as well. And of course my battery would die right after all those failed attempts.
What cord or wifi dongle are you using ?
      12-28-2020, 09:47 PM   #4
carguy138
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Thank the knuckleheads at #RBT Tuning

This app worked great until the decided to change everything to the whole login business. I specifically called them out on this problem and they ignored it. It's all in the thread that was locked after they stopped being a paid vender on this site.

Wish I could help. Sorry man.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2020, 10:44 PM   #5
N55lif3
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer_Bro View Post
What cord or wifi dongle are you using ?
I used a regular K+DCAN then I used a specific bimmergeek one. I also tried another phone it gives me the exact same error in the middle of flashing.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2020, 10:46 PM   #6
N55lif3
Rep

The flash fails to complete successfully and always tells me ‘Error has occurred. Please consult the manual and guide for help!’
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2020, 02:47 PM   #7
Bimmer_Bro
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
The flash fails to complete successfully and always tells me ‘Error has occurred. Please consult the manual and guide for help!’
Know anyone with a MHD wireless dongle? Or maybe buy one. Most flashing issues are usually due to the cord. MHD dongle also works for Xdelete and xHP.
Is your battery ok? Have you tried flashing while having it connected to a charger ?
      01-01-2021, 08:37 AM   #8
matteblue3er
Captain
Rep
Drives: Racecar

I've never liked apps like these because there is a high chance of user error.

If your battery was low after a couple flash attempts, the voltage was probably too low to flash the module. I've ran into that login issue before but was able to restore the license just fine within the app.

I always use a power supply connected to the car when flashing, even with xDelete. A battery tender is not a power supply. A battery tender only supplies about 1-2 amps to trickle charge a battery. A power supply will provide 40+ amps of continuous power. At the very least, connect your car to another with jumper cables and leave the donor car running. This way the donor cars alternator will maintain voltage above 12v for proper flashing.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2021, 08:23 AM   #9
RoughKnight
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xi N54 Auto

Once you log in once it stores the key on our device for 365 days so you dont have to log in again. Just in case I always log in once at home before going out for the day incase the mood hits me on the way home and I want to be sure.
Road to 500hp daily on the way (ya right lol)
--------------------------------------------------------
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2021, 07:59 PM   #10
N55lif3
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer_Bro View Post
Know anyone with a MHD wireless dongle? Or maybe buy one. Most flashing issues are usually due to the cord. MHD dongle also works for Xdelete and xHP.
Is your battery ok? Have you tried flashing while having it connected to a charger ?
I have an MHD wireless flasher, I didn't know it could work with xdelete. I'll try it. However, I used a buddies K+DCAN cable and it gave me the exact same error. And I use the same cable to run ISTA and ncs. I've used this exact same setup to flash xdelete for the past year.

All the attempts I've done flashing have been with a booster pack connected.

I tried to flash xHP and it doesn't even start the flash and automatically gives me the error before flashing (thank god). I sent logs from both apps to RBT and they have told me my modules are in "boot mode" and to basically disconnect my battery for 10 mins. I have disconnected my battery for 20 mins and put it back and I still get the same errors at the same time.

I'm starting to think its more serious than just a connection issue.

A month ago I had an engine swap done and the shop put in a lesser mileage torque converter/flex plate/valve body along with fluid and pan change. Apparently, they had to code the valve body because it needed to get married to the dme/engine. Im worried this has affected something or maybe something was not coded properly.

Appreciate 0
      01-05-2021, 03:53 PM   #11
matteblue3er
Captain
Rep
Drives: Racecar

Quote:
All the attempts I've done flashing have been with a booster pack connected..
A booster pack does nothing for flashing. A booster pack will be able to supply a short burst of high current to start a motor. It does not provide a consistent amp output. You're better off using jumper cables from a running car.

What is the resting voltage of the battery? Take this measurement after letting the car sit for at least 20 mins. If you take a reading right after putting a charger or running the motor (charging via alternator), you will have a surface charge on the battery.

If resting voltage is below 12v, modules will abort flash. ISTA doesn't even allow flashing if voltage is under 13.8v or something like that....which can only be reached/maintained with a proper power supply.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2021, 04:03 AM   #12
N55lif3
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteblue3er View Post
A booster pack does nothing for flashing. A booster pack will be able to supply a short burst of high current to start a motor. It does not provide a consistent amp output. You're better off using jumper cables from a running car.

What is the resting voltage of the battery? Take this measurement after letting the car sit for at least 20 mins. If you take a reading right after putting a charger or running the motor (charging via alternator), you will have a surface charge on the battery.

If resting voltage is below 12v, modules will abort flash. ISTA doesn't even allow flashing if voltage is under 13.8v or something like that....which can only be reached/maintained with a proper power supply.
Dont know what booster pack you've been using but mine keeps my battery charged while the ignition is on and flashing. There have been instances where my battery would be drained with the ignition on and interior lights would be dim and wipers would be moving but as soon as I connect my booster it would fix itself right away. Booster pack supplies whatever voltage is needed under the specific load that the car is requesting in that given time. The only downside would be the quick drainage of the booster pack which isn't meant to be used for such a long period

Appreciate 0
      01-06-2021, 04:11 AM   #13
N55lif3
Rep

*Solved*

Was told that my VGSG90 / VGS module was in boot mode, along with the tranny by RBT. Told me to disconnect battery for 10 mins and try again.

So I did that and tried again with my kdcan cable and it failed yet again.

Then I figured out thanks to you guys that the MHD adapter works with xdelete/xhp aswell. So I thought if the cable was faulty, it would probably have sent the modules to boot mode again.

I disconnected the battery again for 10 mins and tried again, but this time with the MHD adapter. I tried flashing to "xDrive ON" but it failed and gave me an error. Then I clicked "Flash back to stock settings" which is found in the top right corner (xDrive on basically) and it worked! Tried xDrive off and it worked again and I guess I fixed the black loophole I was in. I tried clicking the flash back to stock setting before with my cable too but it would fail. I guess the cable must've been faulty or not strong enough even though I've used it countless times in the past. Weird

Appreciate 1
      01-17-2021, 11:41 AM   #14
N54_e90
Don
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 335xi Family Sedan

Just get yourself a proper bimmergeeks cable why risk frying your electronics with a cheap cable?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2021, 09:58 AM   #15
Bimmer_Bro
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazythedon View Post
Just get yourself a proper bimmergeeks cable why risk frying your electronics with a cheap cable?

Did you read the thread? He did try a Bimmer Geeks cable.

Glad you got your issue sorted. Sounds like an odd situation.

I have been tempted by xdelete, the custom in-between settings would be awesome. However seeing these types of issues scare me from pulling the trigger lol.

Why were they banned or thread locked? Its by the same guys who make XHP and that is absolutely excellent.
      01-21-2021, 10:31 AM   #16
ky0u
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i, f22 m235i, e30 325is

Garage List
2015 BMW M235i  [0.00]
1988 BMW 325IS  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
*Solved*

Was told that my VGSG90 / VGS module was in boot mode, along with the tranny by RBT. Told me to disconnect battery for 10 mins and try again.

So I did that and tried again with my kdcan cable and it failed yet again.

Then I figured out thanks to you guys that the MHD adapter works with xdelete/xhp aswell. So I thought if the cable was faulty, it would probably have sent the modules to boot mode again.

I disconnected the battery again for 10 mins and tried again, but this time with the MHD adapter. I tried flashing to "xDrive ON" but it failed and gave me an error. Then I clicked "Flash back to stock settings" which is found in the top right corner (xDrive on basically) and it worked! Tried xDrive off and it worked again and I guess I fixed the black loophole I was in. I tried clicking the flash back to stock setting before with my cable too but it would fail. I guess the cable must've been faulty or not strong enough even though I've used it countless times in the past. Weird
Glad you figured it out. I had issues a while ago which turned out to be connection related as the usb-c port on my device had started to fail and wouldn't seat the plug securely
Appreciate 0