E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion > We Call BS - A Generation that will Change America

03-03-2018, 03:44 PM   #419
Lups
Rep
Drives: I don't own a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Again, it didnít happen with Vietnam War Protesters that were much bigger than this.

Guess you forgot Woodstock and 1/2 Million vs the <100 Parkland Students out of 3,100 enrolled who went to Tallahassee a day late....and failed again today.
Woodstock launched a worldwide movement, a demand for peace which led to the end of the cold war, which Vietnam was a part of. These kids don't run around listening to rock music while taking lsd, they take the weapons of the modern world. They form coalitions outside party limits and they have a clear message adults too can understand: Vote them out.

Hippies didn't win while Hendrix was playing, they won by voting, by being active and by allying with people from other nations.

Keaton always said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well, I believe in God -- and the only thing that scares me is Lups.
Appreciate 1
      03-03-2018, 03:48 PM   #420
IK6SPEED
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Woodstock launched a worldwide movement, a demand for peace which led to the end of the cold war, which Vietnam was a part of. These kids don't run around listening to rock music while taking lsd, they take the weapons of the modern world. They form coalitions outside party limits and they have a clear message adults too can understand: Vote them out.

Hippies didn't win while Hendrix was playing, they won by voting, by being active and by allying with people from other nations.
Nice selective memory, while forgetting the last 30 years of the Middle East and USA involvement, being lead by the 60’s/70’s Vietnam War Protestor’s Generation.
      03-03-2018, 03:52 PM   #421
Lups
Rep

^^^

I'm a huge Woodstock music lover, and I've grown to the huge Ghwb fan later in life. Bush 1 is still too fresh to be seen as a historic figure but at the rate we're going now, he will never get the appreciation he should.

Keaton always said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him." Well, I believe in God -- and the only thing that scares me is Lups.

Last edited by Lups; 03-03-2018 at 09:14 PM.
Appreciate 1
      03-03-2018, 04:00 PM   #422
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Nice selective memory, while forgetting the last 30 years of the Middle East and USA involvement, being lead by the 60’s/70’s Vietnam War Protestor’s Generation.
You'll be disappointed in me, I didn't forget those. Afghanistan was a cold war hotspot, Clinton fucked up, bush 2 was sent to a quest last seen in the 14th century, Obama was so hated by Americans Europe adopted him and now all bets are off since old alliances don't matter. USA will go at it alone since the world the hippies gave us are now retiring. You're not making those kids strong, you're making all kids strong. I'll be 60 before the results will be at hand so you're fighting fire with a hose while the world is going up in smoke.

Last edited by Lups; 03-03-2018 at 05:23 PM.
Appreciate 1
      03-03-2018, 10:17 PM   #423
wdb
dances with roads
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC, 2007 3.0si Cpe 6spd

Lups, please stop feeding the trollski.
Appreciate 1
      03-04-2018, 03:43 PM   #424
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
Lups, please stop feeding the trollski.
Honey, what would I do in the evenings when the kids are in beds if not keeping the furries fed?

Appreciate 2
BaaQaf232.50

03-07-2018, 08:07 PM   #425
IK6SPEED
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Florida Law on way to Govenor’s desk

No Assault Weapons ban

Age raised from 18 to 21

3 day wait period

Arming of certain teachers and staff.

No funding for weapons search at entry (which require 5 highly trained personnel per security lane and 1 LEO for every 2-3 lanes). In best case scenario, 400 students can get through 1 Securty lane over 60 Minutes. Airport type security on most common security lanes is 160 people per hour at best.

$400M for mental health and SRO in Florida’s 4,000 schools....so about $100k per school for what Florida Sherrifs say will cost $100,000 annually per School Resource Officer. And that is with all money spent towards SRO and none towards mental health (which won’t happen that way).

Big change, huh?

Last edited by IK6SPEED; 03-07-2018 at 08:15 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2018, 11:48 PM   #426
Dalko43
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Toyota 4Runner Trail

Garage List
Quote:
Afghanistan was a cold war hotspot, Clinton fucked up, bush 2 was sent to a quest last seen in the 14th century, Obama was so hated by Americans Europe adopted him and now all bets are off since old alliances don't matter.
Europe "adopted" Obama? Listen, people can debate his domestic policies every which way; if some people liked them, I can respect that. He was widely considered an amateur when it came to foreign policy, even by the Europeans whom he called friends. In case anyone forgot: he referred to ISIS as a "JV team;" he told Assad not to cross a line or else (that line was crossed and hundreds of thousands have died); he helped dispose of a Libyan dictator with no follow-up strategy (sound familiar?); he mocked Romney in the 2012 election cycle for calling Russia a major threat to world stability (everyone seems to understand Russia's place in the world nowadays).

If Europe wants to "adopt" him, have at it. By the way, I don't think Europe's political outlook is nearly as homogeneous as you make it out to be.

Quote:
Really? Woodstock launched the movement which ended the Cold War? You mean it had nothing to do with all the anti-communist governments/forces (some of them bad in their own right) fighting against encroaching communism? It had nothing to do with Pope John Paul telling the Solidarity movement of Poland that he was with them in opposition to Soviet hegemony? It had nothing to do with tens of thousands of political dissidents in Eastern Europe who overtly stood against Soviet authority despite the threat of imprisonment and death? It had nothing do with the hundreds of thousands of citizens who formed into grass roots movements to protest Soviet rule and knock down the Berlin wall? It had nothing to do with Reagan's aggressive political and fiscal policies which alienated and bankrupted the USSR as it tried to keep up?

Woodstock started it all, huh? Our history books would be so much thinner if we could white-wash every major topic the way you just have. Just like our Bill of Rights would be so much shorter if we let a bunch of emotionally-driven teenagers and pandering adults tell us which rights we do and don't need.

Last edited by Dalko43; 03-07-2018 at 11:59 PM.
Appreciate 1
IK6SPEED1156.00

03-08-2018, 07:29 PM   #427
IK6SPEED
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

And for all those calling on Metal Detectors and/or Random Selection of who to test, this High School had both Metal Detectors and Portable Metal Detectors.

It did not deter the shooter.

And another thing, if you have Metal Detectors, you also have to use them.

Official: School metal detectors not in use day of shooting

https://www.yahoo.com/newsroom/vibes....tsrc=newsroom

As I said, this is needle in Haystack and identifying 1 in 10 Billion is virtually impossible.
MKSixer6938.00