E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Variations of Koni-based coilovers

08-06-2012, 09:13 AM   #45
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC Kline Racing View Post
The single adjustable (AKA: True Match) offers a similar valving package to the Koni Sport shocks but with height adjustability and external rebound adjustment. The difference in the valving between the Koni sport and the TC Kline Racing Koni is - the upper end of the rebound damping is firmer than the Koni sport.

:
Quote:
Yes, the TC Kline dampers are shortened. This is done in order to accomodate a lower ride height and not compromise compression travel (ride comfort and performance).
thanks. I guess the reason i was asking is because in your first quote above you didnt mention that in discussing the difference between regular KONI yellows and your version of them in your kit.

i agree that shortened struts / shocks are critical in a proper lowering suspension kit. i would never consider a kit without this feature.
      08-06-2012, 01:14 PM   #46
nitehawk
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 335i 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvc 22349a View Post
M3 camber arms are aluminum instead of stamped steel. The lower shock mounts eliminate the rubber saddle of the oe arms, and I believe the bushings that mount to the subframe are firmer than oe. You can't get a set of M3 camber arms for $250 anywhere else.
Springs are springs. I'm sure GC has Eibachs in any spring rate you want.
btw, if you're increasing spring rate, you should budget for M3 or firmer subframe bushings.
Are the Koni's in the GC kit the same as the OTS yellows with non-external adjustable rears?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2012, 01:34 PM   #47
cvc 22349a
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitehawk View Post
Are the Koni's in the GC kit the same as the OTS yellows with non-external adjustable rears?
IDK
      08-06-2012, 02:15 PM   #48
TC Kline Racing
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many BMW's & Porsche's

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitehawk View Post
Not sure, but any of our TC Kline rear shocks ARE externally adjustable
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 12:46 PM   #49
cvc 22349a
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Not sure, but any of our TC Kline rear shocks ARE externally adjustable
TCK: Just read the Bimmer article about your M3 DA c/o and EDC kits. Question for your non-M c/o kits: can the car sit higher with your susp than your M3 in that article, and if so by how much? tia
      08-09-2012, 01:57 PM   #50
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Both HPA and TCKR single adjustable coilover can be adjusted to stock height or higher, that is the beauty of a coilover system.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2012, 03:36 PM   #51
TC Kline Racing
United_States
Rep

Quote:
TCK: Just read the Bimmer article about your M3 DA c/o and EDC kits. Question for your non-M c/o kits: can the car sit higher with your susp than your M3 in that article, and if so by how much? tia
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autowerks View Post
Both HPA and TCKR single adjustable coilover can be adjusted to stock height or higher, that is the beauty of a coilover system.
Yup ^^ Harold nailed it. All of our suspensions can be set to stock ride height and adjusted from there.

Last edited by TC Kline Racing; 08-09-2012 at 03:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 11:35 PM   #52
will.c
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46M

Quote:
Do HPA sets come with any warranty? If so, are they transferable from the first owner to the next?

Quote:
HPA is a preferred dealer for TC Kline products.
The two kits are the same with the exception the HPA offers the Swift springs as well as some other complimenting parts.

Now - ther difference between the single adjustable and thedouble adjustable...

The single adjustable (AKA: True Match) offers a similar valving package to the Koni Sport shocks but with height adjustability and external rebound adjustment. The difference in the valving between the Koni sport and the TC Kline Racing Koni is - the upper end of the rebound damping is firmer than the Koni sport.

The double adjustable (AKA: Smart Design) has a completely different internal valving package. All the internals are motorsports valving where the precision of the movement of fluid is compared to the performance of much more expensive suspensions like Moton and JRZ, etc. The great thing about our suspension is that it can be adjusted to be far better than stock on the street AND it has race winning performance on the track!

Oh...and they come with a lifetime warranty
Any tangible difference between TCKR springs vs Swift springs? Perhaps non-linear vs linear?

By "upper end of the rebound damping is firmer," you mean that they have the ability to be adjusted firmer, correct?

Is the lifetime warranty valid regardless of where I install them or does it have to be through a TCKR-approved vendor/shop? Is the warranty transferable from the first to the next owner? Lastly, say something is/does go wrong and is in fact covered under warranty, then shipping and replacement labor incurs on whom?

Thanks guys.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2012, 11:44 PM   #53
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep
Location: Santa Barbara, AP, Brembo, GIAC, Koni, Ohlins, Performance Friction, www.hpautosport.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonho View Post
Do HPA sets come with any warranty? If so, are they transferable from the first owner to the next?

HPA kit uses Koni so the same lifetime warranty applies, but only to the original purchaser and not extended to the next owner. No labor or shipping will be covered.

Quote from Koni NA:

"In the event of defect, malfunction or failure of the KONI shock absorbers to conform with this warranty, the original purchaser must follow the warranty procedures listed below. Upon verification, warrantor or its servicing organization will repair or replace the shock absorbers at no cost to the original user. However, warrantor will not pay for the cost of the installation of the new or repaired shock absorbers, and the cost of postage and return shipping cost shall be prepaid by the original purchaser."
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 12:19 PM   #54
will.c
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46M

Quote:
Thank you Harold!
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 12:48 AM   #55
chaFT328i
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 07 328i

Quote:

The double adjustable (AKA: Smart Design) has a completely different internal valving package. All the internals are motorsports valving where the precision of the movement of fluid is compared to the performance of much more expensive suspensions like Moton and JRZ, etc. The great thing about our suspension is that it can be adjusted to be far better than stock on the street AND it has race winning performance on the track!

Oh...and they come with a lifetime warranty
Would this mean only the S/A(True Match) are height adjustable or does the D/A(Smart Design) also have this feature?? I only ask because the only thing that's keeping me away from spring/shock combos for my first suspension job is because I'd like to play around with the ride height before settling down with a fixed height.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 11:31 AM   #56
cvc 22349a
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaFT328i View Post
Would this mean only the S/A(True Match) are height adjustable or does the D/A(Smart Design) also have this feature?? I only ask because the only thing that's keeping me away from spring/shock combos for my first suspension job is because I'd like to play around with the ride height before settling down with a fixed height.
They're both height adjustable. Check out TCK's website
      08-19-2012, 12:24 PM   #57
HP Autosport
Supreme Allied Commander
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaFT328i View Post
Both have height adjustable features. SA is rebound adjustable and DA is both rebound and compression adjustable.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 03:43 AM   #58
chaFT328i
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 07 328i

Quote:
They're both height adjustable. Check out TCK's website
Quote:
Both have height adjustable features. SA is rebound adjustable and DA is both rebound and compression adjustable.

Thank you so much. Its been bugging me that I couldn't find that right balance of comfort and handling w/o settling for a fixed height set-up!
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 05:57 PM   #59
sutter2k
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i

Quote:
^^ To do this, do we need to select the option for the "threaded front body struts"?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 10:23 AM   #60
TC Kline Racing
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutter2k View Post
^^ To do this, do we need to select the option for the "threaded front body struts"?
No, you would just order the Single or Double adjustable and they both come with a threaded, height adjustable front strut and rear ride height adjusters, so you can play with the ride height as much as you want.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 11:52 AM   #61
sutter2k
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC Kline Racing;1254****
No, you would just order the Single or Double adjustable and they both come with a threaded, height adjustable front strut and rear ride height adjusters, so you can play with the ride height as much as you want.
So what does to the $158 option for "Optional threaded Body Front Struts" enable you todo?
http://www.hpashop.com/HPA-E82-E9X-K...it-e82-e9x.htm
Appreciate 0