E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Pioneer Appradio 2 SPH-DA100 install (double din)

04-08-2013, 05:06 PM   #45
mastrchee
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by kooli9 View Post
none really, but if you have a new samsung phone you will need either the TIP adapter or the full hdmi adpater to convert the pin out. The full hdmi adpater is used instead of cd-ah200 but you will need a 3rd party cig usb charger also.

other than that it's all good
thats good to hear.. does the rear pdc sensors still work? and is it a must for the permanent live wire? not sure but i gather you fixed it to somewhere in the fuse box? cheers mate.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 01:39 AM   #46
kooli9
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 320d

Rear pdc works fine. Yes you need to find the permanent live fuse otherwise all your settings will wipe when car us off. Mine was an engine or gearbox fuse. Location varies per car
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #47
mastrchee
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Rear pdc works fine. Yes you need to find the permanent live fuse otherwise all your settings will wipe when car us off. Mine was an engine or gearbox fuse. Location varies per car
thanks for the help mate.

i got the kit! the one that supports both rear sensors and phone buttons. but still waiting for the appradio to arrive. hopefully by tomorrow! bloody fleabay.

i have oem bluetooth on my professional radio, so i'm planing to connect the existing microphone to the appradio - lets see how that goes.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #48
kooli9
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastrchee View Post
thanks for the help mate.

i got the kit! the one that supports both rear sensors and phone buttons. but still waiting for the appradio to arrive. hopefully by tomorrow! bloody fleabay.

i have oem bluetooth on my professional radio, so i'm planing to connect the existing microphone to the appradio - lets see how that goes.
Sorry but no kit supports the phone buttons. And unless you're planning to cut and join a new wire. The oem mic wont work as different connection and qire not long enough
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 12:49 PM   #49
kooli9
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Pioneer mic is very good and can be routed in oem mic location with some creativity
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 12:54 PM   #50
mastrchee
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Sorry but no kit supports the phone buttons. And unless you're planning to cut and join a new wire. The oem mic wont work as different connection and qire not long enough
yeah thats what i thought as well, so i ordered the kit you ordered. but then i spoke to someone at dynamic sounds, and they said the latest connects2 one works with phone buttons as well. the revised kit was £10 extra. basically you need the kit with these two:

CONNECTS2 CTSBM005.2 (this supports phone controls)
CONNECTS2 CTRBM001 (this is for the rear pdc)

check this:
http://www.connects2downloads.co.uk/...logues/SWC.pdf

about the oem mic - do you have it in yours? i have long enough cables and even though the oem mic has 3 connections, the clear on the is the ground wire so technically we should be able to connect the other two wires to the appradio.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 12:57 PM   #51
kooli9
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
yeah thats what i thought as well, so i ordered the kit you ordered. but then i spoke to someone at dynamic sounds, and they said the latest connects2 one works with phone buttons as well. the revised kit was £10 extra. basically you need the kit with these two:

CONNECTS2 CTSBM005.2 (this supports phone controls)
CONNECTS2 CTRBM001 (this is for the rear pdc)

check this:
http://www.connects2downloads.co.uk/...logues/SWC.pdf

about the oem mic - do you have it in yours? i have long enough cables and even though the oem mic has 3 connections, the clear on the is the ground wire so technically we should be able to connect the other two wires to the appradio.
Nice one. I dont have oem mic in mine but was considering getting one for oem look but my research said it had different connection. Please let me know how the phone button works
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 01:05 PM   #52
gIzzE
Major General
Rep
Drives: F11 + 911 C4

The mic will probably be a different sensitivity anyway, so even if you use the oem one it will probably be too quiet.
Pioneer mics are very sensitive.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 06:31 AM   #53
mastrchee
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

so i installed it this weekend. all works fine (even the phone buttons). got arliberator and everything is working smooth.

only thing i'm disappointed about is the fascia panel. this thing does not flush and fitting this was a night mare. still kinda popping out at the bottom.

so i've ordered another fascia panel: http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/conne...l-p-27106.html

@gIzzE: you are right - the pioneer mic is very good. i routed the pioneer mic to the dome where the oem mic is. i tried the oem mic too, but it wasn't working properly with the appradio. but no worries, happy with the pioneer mic.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 06:57 AM   #54
cage911
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: e93 Msport

Quote:
so i installed it this weekend. all works fine (even the phone buttons). got arliberator and everything is working smooth.

only thing i'm disappointed about is the fascia panel. this thing does not flush and fitting this was a night mare. still kinda popping out at the bottom.

so i've ordered another fascia panel: http://www.dynamicsounds.co.uk/conne...l-p-27106.html

@gIzzE: you are right - the pioneer mic is very good. i routed the pioneer mic to the dome where the oem mic is. i tried the oem mic too, but it wasn't working properly with the appradio. but no worries, happy with the pioneer mic.
All these bezels don't sit flush except the Janus Design version.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 08:30 AM   #55
mastrchee
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cage911 View Post
All these bezels don't sit flush except the Janus Design version.
yeah so i hear, but the one i have now is a quite a bit of a pain. the climate controls dont fit, just wobbles around.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 06:38 AM   #56
bajandrifter
YouTuber @SALVAGE NATION
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 325I LCI E92

Quote:
yeah so i hear, but the one i have now is a quite a bit of a pain. the climate controls dont fit, just wobbles around.
when you get your new one do you want to sell the old bezel? jus bought the appradio2 on ebay with the android kit so i will be follow this tread.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 06:42 AM   #57
mastrchee
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajandrifter View Post
when you get your new one do you want to sell the old bezel? jus bought the appradio2 on ebay with the android kit so i will be follow this tread.
actually that was the plan & if you dont mind waiting, i'll be putting it on sale either tomorrow or the day after (expecting my new bezel tomorrow).

i also have the relocation unit if you are interested (BNIB): http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=827175
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 06:57 AM   #58
bajandrifter
YouTuber @SALVAGE NATION
United Kingdom
Rep

yus! please! pm me the best price u can do for both.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 07:00 AM   #59
bajandrifter
YouTuber @SALVAGE NATION
United Kingdom
Rep

once you get everything sorted how about some pics? just got my first e92 m sport last week but was disappointed with the sound and the fact that theres a usb port in the arm rest with the aux input but the pro HU wont recognise this and allow me to select "usb". also checked n the boot and there the bluetooth module but once again nothing in the HU about bluetooth. so thought forget it, got myself the app radio 2 with the android kit for 195! let me know how ou get on with yours
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 07:06 AM   #60
mastrchee
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
once you get everything sorted how about some pics? just got my first e92 m sport last week but was disappointed with the sound and the fact that theres a usb port in the arm rest with the aux input but the pro HU wont recognise this and allow me to select "usb". also checked n the boot and there the bluetooth module but once again nothing in the HU about bluetooth. so thought forget it, got myself the app radio 2 with the android kit for 195! let me know how ou get on with yours
well i've fitted the appradio and i'm using arliberator with my android (highly recommended). works like a dream tbh. all the controls work just fine too.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 07:07 AM   #61
mastrchee
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
i cant seem to pm you, probably due to your post count.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 10:19 AM   #62
mastrchee
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
hey sorry cant seem to pm to you, i'll do both for £62, let me know if you're interested
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 10:31 AM   #63
bajandrifter
YouTuber @SALVAGE NATION
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
well i've fitted the appradio and i'm using arliberator with my android (highly recommended). works like a dream tbh. all the controls work just fine too.
ok yes deffo interested. only got my car last week and signed up last night so i think your right, it is the post think, ive completed way more now so its jus a waiting thing,

what does arliberator do
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2013, 10:34 AM   #64
mastrchee
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
ok yes deffo interested. only got my car last week and signed up last night so i think your right, it is the post think, ive completed way more now so its jus a waiting thing,

what does arliberator do
with appradio app, the apps you can use are limited. with arliberater, you get to use whatever app on your android phone on the appradio. basically mirror of your android phone.

check this out:
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 05:42 PM   #65
mastrchee
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

what does arliberator do
hey sent you a pm! bezel and ashtray infill ready to post
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2013, 12:03 PM   #66
djarami
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i 2008

BWM 335i - 2008 sedan - non-nav

It's good to see that some of you have the AppRadio installed.

I just got back from my local radio shop where they pulled the radio out and said it was connected with fiber optic and that there were not going to be able to use the harness adapter that they originally thought they were going to be able to use.

Are they BSing me ? They then turned around and said I had to get a new amp and rewire all the speakers followed by it was going to cost me twice as much.

Any help, pointers anyone can give me would be appreciated. I was really excited about getting the AppRadio 3 installed and now I'm really bumbed out. At this point, I'm ready to do it myself if I can get some pointers here.

I have a 2008 BMW 335i Sedan - non-Nav with the premium system I think - it has the rear door speakers

Regards
David J.
Appreciate 0