E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > MSP-Delivery to the Caribbean

05-04-2011, 10:29 PM   #1
Wathey
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M-Sport

MSP-Delivery to the Caribbean

Sup people!

Finally my car got to Baltimore on the 2nd May, but seems that no one can tell me how the car will be delivered to my BMW center in Puerto Rico, Autogermana. I bought the car through BMW military sales, and have little to no knowledge about BMW shipments.

My CA told me that the car will clear US customs at Port of Baltimore, and the will be shipped from the same port, but other threads explain how vehicles with destination to the southeast america are shipped from the Brunswick port at Georgia.

I was tracking the Florida Highway (vessel in with my e92 was shipped) and it made a stop at Baltimore on the 2nd, and another stop at Brunswick on the 4th. So now I'm just a bit confused, and since my CA is from Dubai, is kinda hard to communicate with the 8hrs dif.

Anyone had their car shipped to the caribbean, or know anything about the process?? Any information will be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 02:17 AM   #2
Wild Squid
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i coupe Msport AW

Just wondering, how much of a discount do you get for Military discount? 335i or 328i?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2011, 03:18 AM   #3
Wathey
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M-Sport

About $4k off the retail price. But also save some money on the excise taxes because the dealer is getting the car for me from the port. In resume, I paid $50k, and the car was valued at the local dealer at $61k, with a best possible offer of $59.5k
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 04:14 AM   #4
lisajdimmick
Registered
Rep
Drives: ford

delivery to the carribean

Hi Mr Wathey,

in case you haven't seen any of the emails from Warren Hudson Or Charles Gerringer, thought I would let you know that Vehicles going to Puerto Rico do stop in the US (Port Brunswick) to clear Customs/US Dept. of Agriculture.

They are also then inspected at the Vehicle Processing Center and forwarded to PR". However, the important part that was not communicated correctly is that: "Upon completion the vehicle will be transported from Brunswick to Florida where from there they will be put on a vessel to continue the journey to Puerto Rico"

i know its a bit BMW speak but the sentiment is there.

good luck

Lisa Dimmick
First Choice MSP
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2011, 04:20 AM   #5
lisajdimmick
Registered
Rep
Drives: ford

Military Sales Discount

Wild Squid,

military sales discount does vary from vehicle to vehicle, but generally it is 11% off the MRSP on www.bmwusa.com

as you are paying less for the car, the sales tax will be less.

Also, the program is 'build to order' so you get to choose all the colors and options and you only have to pay for what you want, rather than what has already been built (as in a retail purchase). so NO COMPROMISE.

it is built and shipped in your name to a dealer of your choice anywhere in mainland USA for $875 including dealer costs, or for PR/Hawaii and Alaska it is an extra $750.

as long as you are stationed OCONUS for a minimum of 24 hours you are eligible for the program and you can have the car delivered to europe if thats where you are going next!!

contact us on info@firstchoicemsp.com if you would like any price sheets etc

Lisa Dimmick
First Choice MSP
Appreciate 0