E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Eibach/Koni, Forgestar/ Falken 452's out of alignment, Please help!

04-16-2010, 04:06 PM   #1
Enicinitas
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Gray Coupe

Eibach/Koni, Forgestar/ Falken 452's out of alignment, Please help!

Hey Everyone,

So I'm a noob, just got a CPO E92 and first decided to upgrade wheels/susp. I used **********s.com and went with there recommendation after a lot of thread browsing. So I had a well known performance shop install my koni fsd / eibach kit with the OEM sport wheels and run flats. Drove it appx 2000K mi without an alignment because the car tracked perfectly straight. I wanted to give the springs a chance to break in a drop a little more before the alignment too.

In the meantime I waited for my Forgestar F14 customs to be made (front r19 8.5 / rear r19 10). They also recommended going with the following tire sizes : front 245 35, r19 and rear, 275 30 r 19. I researched and asked around about tires and settled on Falken 452's for treadlife / performance.

This week they came and I had them mounted and balanced at discount tire and then went to "the best" suspension shop for a 4 wheel alignment. I drove to work and put about two hundred total miles while only noticing a blatant pull to the right on the highway. After I got off the highway, senses heightened, lol, I noticed that it was always pulling to the right. I went back to the suspension shop and they told me everything was perfect according to their specs. They referred me to discount tire to look into a "radial pull" problem from one of the tires. Discount was way cool. They replaced the right without a question and the problem didn't improve at all as I drove on all sorts of roads to test it out. I went back to them and they graciously replaced the other front tire. So the same problem repeated itself again. I then went back to the suspension shop, they were vexed. They put the car up again and made sure all was good. According to their numbers, everything is PERFECT. I took off again and the car still wants to pull to the right.

Right now if this noob was an ostrich, his, head would be burrowed under six inches of sand....

At any rate, what does my new community have to offer in the way of help?

FTR: My car has never had any accident or frame damage...

Thanks to any and all.

P.S. Even if you don't feel like responding, please find it in your little hard heart to do so if you think you can help
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2010, 04:33 PM   #2
Enicinitas
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

super bump

bumpy bump
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2010, 12:09 AM   #3
e90ben
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: No more Beemer

Try taking it to another shop.

A pull to the right feeling that didnt exist before and still exists after swapping tires means bad alignment.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2010, 11:17 PM   #4
Enicinitas
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Thanks for the advice, I will give it a try. BTW. Was advised by my vendor to put a line of chalk / tape on the wheel and on the same spot on the tire - lined up with one another. Then, drive spiritedly and then check to see if they chalk/tape are still lined up together. I guess this can tell if it is a problem with the wheel. What do you think?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 08:28 AM   #5
DJKhan85
Major
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 2011 4dr 6mt Golf GTI

make sure each tire is rotating correctly for where it is located. IE the flaken 452s are directional tires and will need to be mounted on specific corners of the car.

Also there is a spec range for the toe specs of the car. This is what cause your car to pull one direction or another. The alignment shop will have given you a print out of the alignment before and after. Telling us these numbers will help in diagnosing the issue. Basically if your toe and steering angle isn't exactly dead center, you will run into this issue. If it's closer to an extreme of the accepted range then you will get pull in one direction and STILL be within spec.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 09:51 AM   #6
BMW_TT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

I'm having the same problem with my alignment. I'll run to my car and post the result specs.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2010, 10:11 AM   #7
BMW_TT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2011, 04:02 AM   #8
asian010
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep