E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > E92 335i Fuel Injectors

04-17-2014, 08:05 AM   #1
LaFuriaRoja
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

E92 335i Fuel Injectors

Hi guys

I think the injector(s) on bank 1 of my 335i have gone. The codes suggest it's injector 1. Engine management light has come on and it misfires, even though it's ever so slight. Narrowed it down to injectors as the spark plugs and coil packs have been changed a few months ago.

I also got a code for bad oxygen sensor(s) on bank 1. I know a bad oxygen sensor won't cause the misfire, but I think the misfire may be damaging the oxygen sensor.

3 questions:

1) Is it worth getting the injectors cleaned instead of replacing them?

2) Would all 3 injectors on bank 1 need changing, or could I get away with just changing the 1 bad injector? I've read some things which suggest that mixing newer injectors with older injectors wouldn't allow them to work, but what if I installed the older version of the injectors, to match the ones already used, considering I've done 70K miles on originals anyway.

3) About the oxygen sensor, would it worth getting it cleaned, or is replacement necessary?

Any help/advice will be much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2014, 09:08 AM   #2
oshusttoley
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i sedan

Never clean these. Normally people buy new injectors for the whole bank, not just one. Remember you will need to get them coded to work. Don't worry about your o2 sensor until you fix the misfire. O2 sensor would not make car misfire. Please search, there Are a lot of threads about injectors
Appreciate 0