E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > What happens when you jump to a totally different vehicle category?

02-20-2010, 04:57 AM   #1
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
What happens when you jump to a totally different vehicle category?

Say from 3 series to a SUV. Like X6?
Would this be a bad transition?

Keep in mind, all my previous cars since I was 16 were all sporty of some sort. If not sporty enough, it was tuned. Im a die-hard fan of coupe design(2dr). I also enjoy pushing the car to the limit or at least drive enthusiastically when the environment is safe enough to. My only really effective stress relief method is mountain road so I go there time to time. Pushing the car to the limit while taking a corner really makes me forget everything in my life and just focus on that one corner.. trying to achieve maximum speed... Okay, now I sound like vin diesel. but you understand what kind of a driver I am.

the ONLY ONLY ONLY reason why Im even considering something like a SUV is because of my experience with X3. I made a thread regarding this before. I had X3 as a loaner from the dealership for 3 weeks. It really changed my perspective of a SUV or SAV. Driving experience was near fun as sportier coupe/sedan. Im still not sure whether that was just some honeymoon period stuff.

The only SUV/SAV I would want in the market is the X6. Porsche is nice, but its too "gentleman" for me in terms of design. Its funny Im stating that BMW's X6 looks sportier than legendary porsche's line up, but hey, its personal preference. Im sure x6 xdrive50i will perform very nicely on the road. Extra comfort for driving a SAV is a plus also.

Still... I still think SAV can never look good as a nicely modified 3 series(many of them I see on e90post). Design really matters alot for me. I know. I know. but performance is also important thats why Im still shoppin BMW.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2010, 12:23 PM   #2
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Not quite the same scale, but I drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo in the winter and whenever I go camping/backpacking....or to Home Depot......or CostCo (damn you CostCo!). However, I drive my Z4M the rest of the time so there is quite a difference between the 2 vehicles. Obviously, I can't corner my Jeep like an X6 without trying to teach it a new trick (roll over) but it does make me miss my M a lot. It is fun in its own right...I get to run over things without worrying about tearing the front bumper off. Even still, having driven X3's and X5's, no matter how fun they are, they don't match up to the fun of driving a coupe (the M or, when I had it, my ZHP). When it comes to sportier driving, I haven't found it to be the same when you're that high off the ground.
      02-20-2010, 12:25 PM   #3
wwjbd24
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 07 335i

if you really want a fast suv, check out that 5.7L jeep (dunno what it's called) but it looks very clean and it should keep the sportiness factor high!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2010, 12:26 PM   #4
Tondtar
12 yr old Juvie
Vanuatu
Rep
Drives: His Mom Crazy

Garage List
If you go from 3 Series to something like this, it will be nothing but WIN

http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347655

Appreciate 0
      02-20-2010, 04:43 PM   #5
pmeloche
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i

The X5 is a fantastic vehicle.

Patrice
2013 F25 X3 xDrive35i Vermillion Red
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2010, 04:55 PM   #6
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

X6 is sex!! I would go for it in a heartbeat.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2010, 05:17 PM   #7
88Brimble
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 325i

My dad always loved 3 series, but he always drove big trucks. Then I got mine, and he drove it and hated it lol...said he felt like he was sitting on the ground.

I'm used to small cars, but when I drive his new Tundra, it doesn't seem like a huge change for me (except parking). I think going from small to big isn't that bad, but big to small is awkward.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2010, 08:56 PM   #8
Noc57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tondtar View Post
If you go from 3 Series to something like this, it will be nothing but WIN

http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347655

Awesome ride.....Not a fan of blue's though. Put this in Jet black and .....