E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > DIY iPhone 5 Dash Mount (non-iDrive) w/Steering Wheel Controls & Charging Enabled

10-21-2013, 11:00 AM   #23
s!ke
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke4U View Post
Bummer! I hear you can add one with some coding if you have the correct head unit. See http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=869836

But in all honesty it probably isn't worth it. You could simply run a long 3.5mm cord to the same location in the dash. All you lose is control functionality which isn't that big of a deal.
Yeah, my biggest thing was 1) consolodating two cables (aux and lightning) into one, and 2) Having steering wheel control. But Sigh, looks like I'll just keep the two cables hanging out of my console lol

/// 2008 e92 335i 6sp JB/CR | COBB AP | AR DP's | AFE DCI | FMIC | BMS Cowl Filters | Stett CP | Forge DV's | Sig photo by jMeas!
Appreciate 0