E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > 320si, Run Flat Indicator

12-21-2010, 04:32 PM   #1
West320si
Registered
Rep
Drives: 320si

Question 320si, Run Flat Indicator

Hi everyone,
does anyone know if all this snow here in the uk can affect the run flat indicator? Mines been showing red for the past couple of days despite all the tyre presures being correct and mutiple attempts to reset/reinitialise the system. I don't think the sensors are faulty as then it would be showing yellow and not red so any help or advise would be great.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2010, 05:08 PM   #2
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by West320si View Post
Hi everyone,
does anyone know if all this snow here in the uk can affect the run flat indicator? Mines been showing red for the past couple of days despite all the tyre presures being correct and mutiple attempts to reset/reinitialise the system. I don't think the sensors are faulty as then it would be showing yellow and not red so any help or advise would be great.
Probably got confused due to to wheel spin. Others have had warnings, traction control gets confused as well, (appears as if a fault has developed) with too much wheel spin.

Typically sorts itself out when you drive on normal surfaces and it can check itself, without odd wheel speeds. Often sorts itself after a restart.

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0