E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > DMS 335d RE-map Review..

02-14-2008, 03:46 PM   #67
RCE
First Lieutenant
Portugal
Rep
Drives: BMW 335d (E91)

So, when we do a remap, what's the maximum torque recomendable for 335d?

BMW 335d E91 Kit M-Sport in www.autofans.pt
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2008, 03:32 AM   #68
threethirty
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport Saloon 2006

V. interesting.

The question about how much your insurance has gone up has been ignored. Please don't say you haven't declared it! Not wishing to open up the "declare or not to declare" question but it is vital you declare.

Also, what exactly does the "warranty" cover. I mean, if your engine blew up they're not going to replace it ... and BMW would not cover it either after a remap.
      02-15-2008, 06:30 AM   #69
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by threethirty View Post
V. interesting.

The question about how much your insurance has gone up has been ignored. Please don't say you haven't declared it! Not wishing to open up the "declare or not to declare" question but it is vital you declare.

Also, what exactly does the "warranty" cover. I mean, if your engine blew up they're not going to replace it ... and BMW would not cover it either after a remap.
Hello there,

My insurance has not gone up one penny. I pay nothing anyhow. The company has been informed of the upgrade.

The warranty does cover the engine if it blows up and BMW do not honour their warranty.
      02-15-2008, 05:28 PM   #70
Sales@Evolve
Rep
Drives: Slow

Nice write up.

Can I ask why you didn't take the chance to have the car dynoed? DMS own a Dyno Dynamics dyno.

Every car should be dynoed after a remap especially an automatic deisel just to make sure there aren't any violent torque spikes in the power / torque curves.

Thanks
Sal
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2008, 01:52 AM   #71
mikem
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4M

IMO, every car should be dynoed before the re-map as well. How else do you know what your getting ?

DMS mapped my E90 twice and even then it wasn`t putting out the claimed power, I didn`t bother getting it mapped a third time as I sold the car and it was put back to standard.

Not trying to dampen things for you Carl but if something does go wrong, good luck in trying to prove the map is at fault. Mike Cooper is the nicest guy in the World during the sales build up but not so approachable when you have a complaint. I had to threaten to make it my mission in life to tell as many people as possible not to use DMS to get someone out to me (Rob then rang me 10 mins after I put the phone down).

On the other hand I met up with Rob to get the E90 put back to standard and he was fine about things.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2008, 02:06 AM   #72
Steve A
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: too much

i didnt use dms because he was slagging off other compnies (caa etc) and if a company has to resort to that i have no confidence in them.

Carl ill bet my left bollock that if something goes wrong dms will very politly tell you to f**k right off.
      02-16-2008, 02:43 AM   #73
mikem
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve A View Post

Carl ill bet my left bollock that if something goes wrong dms will very politly tell you to f**k right off.

And if its Mike Cooper, it`ll be in a cocky way knowing that your miles away down a phone line. I`m still waiting for the written terms and conditions of the warranty, have you got yours Carl ?
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2008, 03:22 AM   #74
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem View Post
And if its Mike Cooper, it`ll be in a cocky way knowing that your miles away down a phone line. I`m still waiting for the written terms and conditions of the warranty, have you got yours Carl ?
It would be niaive to assume that the DMS warranty would replace the BMW one.

The thing is that BMW exclude failures resulting from modifications.

DMS say that they will cover any failures arising from their modification.

The problem in each case is proof.

BMW will not know categorically if an engine failure was a result of the remap, but they may decide to err on the side of caution and say that it was. To prove them wrong you would need to take them to court and employ expert witnesses etc.

The situation with DMS is likely to be similar. BMW may say that the remap caused a problem, but if DMS disagree then there isn't much you can do to prove who is right.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2008, 03:30 AM   #75
Serjames
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 335i M-sport

Garage List
I just love the warm huggy feeling we all seem to get in here...

Everyone pushes and pushes carl to get something doen and when He does we all sit right back and act out our brave keyboard warrior roles

Come on guys...
      02-16-2008, 03:55 AM   #76
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Pilot View Post
Nice write up.

Can I ask why you didn't take the chance to have the car dynoed? DMS own a Dyno Dynamics dyno.

Every car should be dynoed after a remap especially an automatic deisel just to make sure there aren't any violent torque spikes in the power / torque curves.

Thanks
Sal
Car was rolling roaded before hand. Not roaded yet but car feels quicker and is nearly half a second and 4mph faster over the drag strip with some left in her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem View Post

Hi Mike Full Warranty with terms and conditions were given to me before leaving the premises.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serjames View Post
I just love the warm huggy feeling we all seem to get in here...

Everyone pushes and pushes carl to get something doen and when He does we all sit right back and act out our brave keyboard warrior roles

Come on guys...

I Know mate, its a Carlos thing. Whatever i say or do, someone has to put a downer on it.

You didnt see me acting like this when they had their cars done

Either way, I have family in BMW anyhow in high enough places. I really cant see there being a major issue
      02-16-2008, 04:56 AM   #77
squeezebm
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
Car was rolling roaded before hand. Not roaded yet but car feels quicker and is nearly half a second and 4mph faster over the drag strip with some left in her.

Hi Mike Full Warranty with terms and conditions were given to me before leaving the premises.

I Know mate, its a Carlos thing. Whatever i say or do, someone has to put a downer on it.

You didnt see me acting like this when they had their cars done

Either way, I have family in BMW anyhow in high enough places. I really cant see there being a major issue

And herein lies the problem Carl,i was just about to agree with James on the boys giving you a hard time.....and then read "i have family in Bmw in High places" who do you think you are the mafiosa (edited by Viv) ,and i aint no keyboard warrior i can assure you
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2008, 05:07 AM   #78
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep

Garage List
So you was going to agree with me, but because i mention my beloved family members you now dont want to agree with me? WTF. You have read my post wrong and assumed i was saying it in a different wat. Right then if lets ALL go back to every single person post about a re-mapor procede and give them a hard time about their warranty shall we, Or shall we all just wait untill Carlos does the next mod and just hammer him.
      02-16-2008, 05:32 AM   #79
squeezebm
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
So you was going to agree with me, but because i mention my beloved family members you now dont want to agree with me? WTF. You have read my post wrong and assumed i was saying it in a different wat. Right then if lets ALL go back to every single person post about a re-mapor procede and give them a hard time about their warranty shall we, Or shall we all just wait untill Carlos does the next mod and just hammer him.
Carlos,again YOU have got the wrong end of the stick,i 'aint bothered about what you do to your car its "only" a Diesel and i enjoyed your write up as i was once looking at DMS for my 335d .What pissed me off is your comment on having people in the "right" places be it family or anybody else ,and a word of advice,all friendly like dont start giving me slavva over the internet as i may well turn up at one of these meets where a MODERATOR wont be able to do nothing thankyou
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2008, 05:37 AM   #80
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Relax, Carl.

There are some issues with warranty 'cross over' between those provided by modding companies & that provided by BMW UK.

As far as I know, none of DMS's customers has yet had to claim on their warranty, as they've not had any defect, 'claimable' or not, as a result of their re-map.

As has been said in threads previously, BMW would have to categorically prove that a defect was completely attributable to a non-BMW modification, in order to throw out their own warranty cover for you. This has NEVER been brought up as a test case, as they are well aware that a successful test case would lead to everyone taking them to arbitration. However, this also applies to the modding company.

As long as you don't blow up your own engine, you'll be fine, ok.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      02-16-2008, 05:39 AM   #81
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeezebm View Post
..and a word of advice,all friendly like dont start giving me slavva over the internet as i may well turn up at one of these meets where a MODERATOR wont be able to do nothing thankyou
Have you ever seen me face-to-face & ANGRY, Calvin, giving 2 members an arm 'burn' at the same time.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      02-16-2008, 05:51 AM   #82
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Wow what a bitchfest,not so sure it's aimed at Carlos though, and seems more directed at DMS.

For what it's worth I've had 2 cars mapped by DMS (both BMW's) and one by Simon (335D)

I had no problems whatsoever with either of the DMS maps, and to date I have had no problems with the map from E-maps.
Both companies are extremely good at what they do and provide, and both in my experience have been a joy to deal with.

The warranty I was given by E-maps was non-existent, which is in effect exactly the same as the warranty that DMS provide.

Yes DMS will provide written terms and conditions, but as NFS has written so eloquently in his post,unfortunately it is really worth diddly squat, for all the reasons NFS has stated.

I'm not knocking DMS, Simon or Carlos,facts are facts,if Carlos is happy with the conditions within his warranty thats great,and at the end of the day,Carlos has proved true to his word and had the remap done.

Any modifications made to a car will not be covered by a manufacturers warranty, whether it's after market wheels,differing suspension components,after market diff, remap etc,it all comes back to an element of risk (Void warranty) and how much each individual is prepared to expose themselves to that risk.

As a matter of interest, DMS are generally more conservative in their claims in terms of BHP and torque gain in comparison to other mappers, and most of the time the driven car is never exposed to it's full stock potential, let alone the potential the remap gives, so I personally do not see a problem, and never worry about a potential warranty issue.

Now Carlos,what about the Quaiffe diff, the H&R's and the wheels etc,the remaps history, give us something new,remaps are soooo nineties!

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2008, 05:58 AM   #83
Serjames
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
I spoke with kevin B yesterday got my bit's n pieces arriving soon...

Can't WAIT !

SJ
      02-16-2008, 06:07 AM   #84
squeezebm
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekk View Post
Have you ever seen me face-to-face & ANGRY, Calvin, giving 2 members an arm 'burn' at the same time.

Viv
I didn't realise you were so mean
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2008, 06:37 AM   #85
Steve A
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
,not so sure it's aimed at Carlos though, and seems more directed at DMS.
my comment was aimed at DMS not carl. I wish carl many miles of trouble free motoring

I just got the feeling that mike cooper was a smarmy c**t, the type which if he had been closer me and calvin would surly have keyboarded him to death ......eh squeeze
      02-16-2008, 07:26 AM   #86
Serjames
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
keyboarded him to death ......eh squeeze

lol

SJ
      02-16-2008, 07:50 AM   #87
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Is like watching a soap opera!

Appreciate 0
      02-16-2008, 08:13 AM   #88
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Wink UK Forum: Neighbours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauforty View Post
Is like watching a soap opera!

Carlos & Squeezy are having a fight on the bbq over DMS warranty.

Steve's planning on 'keyboarding' Mike Cooper in the outback.

James now fancies Carlos & they're bound to spend the night in a bush sometime soon.

Viv's ready to give Carlos & Squeezy a simultaneous arm 'burn' at UK5, probably in Wooroloo.

Crikey.

Viv
Attached Images

Appreciate 0