E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Coding without stock audio components

01-12-2013, 07:13 PM   #1
gunda
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i e92

Coding without stock audio components

I have ordered the $99 cable from one-stop-electronics and am anticipating it's arrival. I just wanted to know what problems I will come across with my audio system reconfigured. I have replaced my stock headunit with a Kenwood excelon dnx9980, the stock L7 amp with a alpine mrp-f300, and added an alpine mrx-m100 1000watt amp and Type-R SWR-1223d subwoofer. With all these modifications I get a SOS error on start up all the time. I know that by relocating the stock headunit to the trunk with extended optical cables I can potentially remove this error, but if I attempt to code my car immediately when the cable arrives will I ruin my cars programming? or will I be able to still code successfully with just a few error codes. What would procedures would you guys recommend I take in order to code successfully?

Thanks in advance, I really appreciate your help!
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 04:37 PM   #2
gunda
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Just encase people read this thread looking for an answer. I have been notified that coding features that do not involve the radio will have no problems. However, if you are going to get a software update from the dealership, then you would have to relocate the factory head unit to the trunk, otherwise the dealership will not be able to perform the update.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 05:17 PM   #3
Elliott@DetailAddict
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

Sorry I wasn't able to get back to your PM faster!
Yes, a good way to think about dealer coding/updating is a one click method that won't complete if one errors out.

You should be fine coding other modules with NCS.
My apologies for the delayed response
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2013, 10:36 PM   #4
gunda
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Thanks for the response!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant@DetailAddict View Post
Sorry I wasn't able to get back to your PM faster!
Yes, a good way to think about dealer coding/updating is a one click method that won't complete if one errors out.

You should be fine coding other modules with NCS.
My apologies for the delayed response
Appreciate 0