E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Lowered with custom koni struts. Is this bad castor value?

03-11-2014, 03:50 PM   #1
WhiteFury
Boooost!
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
Lowered with custom koni struts. Is this bad castor value?

So I got my tckline adjustable struts on this week. I had -1.0 and -.9 for front camber before I did this so I didn't want -1.5 so I unscrewed the alignment pins and pulled struts out towards the outside of car.

I achieved -1 and -.9 camber after lowering a half inch which means I gained positive camber like I wanted.

However the castor was steady every alignment check at 7.8 and now one side is 7.7 and one is 7.9 will this pose a problem? What could have caused this?

Also why can't the rear get back to -1.5 camber? It was there last time but now after lowering the front a little more it's at -1.9.

Below the first picture is the alignment I got 2 months ago after the eibach pro kit and the second picture is the alignment I just got today.

Thanks in advance guys!
Attached Images

JB4 Stage 2 | Injen CAI | BMW PE | AR Catless DP | Alpina TCU Flash | Eibach Pro Kit | Custom TCKline Koni's | 19" M359 Wheels | DWS Tires
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2014, 06:59 PM   #2
mlifxs
Diamond Geezer
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 2007 328i Saloon

Garage List
I just had my car aligned today. I'm no expert but a couple things I learned:

Shop wanted to make passenger caster slightly higher than driver side (about .2 higher). They said it helps compensate for road crown and doesn't affect tire wear.

Got to see how much change occurs with and without driver. Only mention this, wondering, did they do both alignments the same way? (im just throwing out ideas)
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2014, 08:11 PM   #3
WhiteFury
Boooost!
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlifxs
I just had my car aligned today. I'm no expert but a couple things I learned:

Shop wanted to make passenger caster slightly higher than driver side (about .2 higher). They said it helps compensate for road crown and doesn't affect tire wear.

Got to see how much change occurs with and without driver. Only mention this, wondering, did they do both alignments the same way? (im just throwing out ideas)
I had different wheels this time around. I did pull the pins out of the strut towers tho.

JB4 Stage 2 | Injen CAI | BMW PE | AR Catless DP | Alpina TCU Flash | Eibach Pro Kit | Custom TCKline Koni's | 19" M359 Wheels | DWS Tires
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 10:09 AM   #4
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlifxs View Post
Huh? How did they go about doing that...do you have caster/camber plates?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 12:07 PM   #5
mlifxs
Diamond Geezer
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 2007 328i Saloon

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FCobra94
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlifxs View Post
Huh? How did they go about doing that...do you have caster/camber plates?
yes sorry should have mentioned. ground control street plates, they have a very small range of caster adjustment.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2014, 07:02 PM   #6
WhiteFury
Boooost!
Rep

Garage List
For some reason my alignment just went out, and when I had it checked they re aligned it and the toe looks bad to me.

Also with the pins out the cast can change up to .03 degrees.

Is this ok?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0