E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Quick JB3 2.0 to Procede V4 review

10-19-2010, 02:13 PM   #45
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlharry View Post
Not me. I'll probably go with a Dinan tune when they release something for the N55 but only because of their replacement warranty. Otherwise, I'd be procede all the way. I'm not new to the tuning world (just to BMW's) and I understand the importance of tuning with respect to the capabilities of the engine.

My point would be that there are individuals out there that are swayed by this and Shiv is losing their business by doing things that are completely avoidable.

@Shiv - Your support may be second to none, but it's free after the sale. Pride is inherent in the tuning world and that's ok. It drives innovation and constant improvement. As a vendor, however, pissing matches that don't involve facts almost always hurt your bottom line and that is a disservice to you and your team.

You add soooo much value to the forums because you can come in and educate the community and we live for that! Lies, slander and slamming the other product have always been the most effective tool for those with the weaker product. Let them stoop to that level. Hold your head high and rise above. Your numbers will thank you.

Sorry for sounding like I'm just talking shit for no reason... there's a reason behind all of this. More money for Vishnu will mean more resources and better products down the line! My car won't be under warranty forever!
Thanks for the kind words. But I used to be of the opinion that fact and reason will always eventually prevail. And that misinformation and lies will always become obvious as time goes on. And they do for the most part. The problem is that the rate of new users coming on to this forum is greater than the rate of old users figuring things out for themselves. So you are always left with an ever-growing population of people being suckered into buying into complete nonsense. This goes beyond tunes of course.

So jumping in here and calling a spade a spade despite it inevitably bothering some people is the lesser of two evils. At the very least, as you pointed out, it promotes discussion and (hopefully) education. Which is key. We've always focused on market education because, frankly, an educated buyer is usually our buyer. Hey, we have bills to pay too

shiv
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2010, 02:44 PM   #46
PKumarM3
Air India
India
Rep
Drives: 2018 Dodge Durango

ive learned a lot in the past two weeks since that "engine failure thread" and this jb3 to procede thread.

Appreciate 0