E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > How To Guide 335D Vacuum Hose

06-06-2014, 05:01 PM   #1
Dan-
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335D, R6

How To Guide 335D Vacuum Hose

Hi i though as i was searching for awhile on a guide how to go about changing the vacuum lines for the turbos on the 335D i came across nothing but warnings its major hard work and at least 8 hours work, i found it none of the above.

what an absolute stupid design that setup is running pipes over the turbos with nothing but a small heatsheild, i decided to go with silicone just to stop it reoccurring any time soon

1st things first your going to want to remove your air box, i didn't get any pictures of this but its basic very basic, undo the 3 clips that hold the top on then using a 7mm socket to undo the jubilee clip then you want squeeze the connectors to remove the plug for the MAF sensor, lift the top half off being very carful with the MAF sensor dont touch it

Once the top half is off you will see two 10mm bolts undo them and lift the bottom half out by pushing down at the front to release it from the intake hose which i remove next,

You have 3 torx bits to undo and 2 mushroom style clips to pull out to remove the intake snorkel, i used a pair of needle nosed pliers to pull the centre of the clips out

once that it out, i then moved to the back of the bay and removed the cabin filter again no pictures sorry, a few 8mm bolts hold this on then lift it out the way

you will now want to remove the two caps the cover the brake fluid and electric box i think, 2 clips on each

once there out the way you want to remove two 10mm bolts either side of the panel

Remove it you want to pull towards you and up to release it from the seal

That will gain you more than enough space to see the vacuum lines you will be working on, your now going to want to undo the 2 allen bolts holding a foam panel on you won't be able to pull it out without undoing the strut bars, (not necessary)

I then removed the vacuum chamber thats held on with 2 things a 10mm Nut and a 10mm Screw very easy to remove

i then to gain abit more access loosened the bracket that holds the pressure converters three 10mm bolts 2 on the top 1 at the back, quite tricky to not drop but if you have small hands like me you undo the last turns by hand

once all that it done you can start working on the hoses, i started with the black ones thats connect on the 5 way pipe under the inlet manifold quite tricky to get to but easily done, i used a model knife to cut the old hose as to not snap the plastic nipples on the connectors as they melt on

run the pipes through as you remove the old to ensure you take the same route, work at a time as to not get confused what goes where

connect one of the black lines to the front pressure converter and feed the other to where the bladder accumulator will be put back

now move onto the blue hose, if you can see the colour its the 1 that feeds from the big turbo but is unreachable without remove the steering rack but lucky BMW fitted a joint half way down, remove the original hose from both ends by cutting a slot where it joins the nipped as to not damage it, once off hold it up against the new hose and cut to length.

I then did the red hose quite an easy 1 to do this 1 i just pulled off as its a metal nipple its goes onto, getting to the rear pressure converter is abut tricky but just move thing about to gain a bit of space

once you have done the major lines its time to do the small short length, these were the worst for me same process as above applies

i had a major problem with the large actuator hose trying to remove it the hose snapped right on the nipple took me above 30 mins using a screw driver to slowly force it off bit by bit!

access is very tight for this 1 but doable just take your time

you can see me using a screw driver to prise the left over part of hose off

i spent about 30 mins kneeling like this started to hurt very quickly

once that was done it was the end just had to put everything back together in the reverse of the above.

once done stand back and admire you work

all in the total job took me about 2 hour including tidying up

Apologise for the awful how to guide I've never done 1 before, just hope it helps someone somehow

Dan
206 1.4, Sport Ka, 206 Gti, focus 1.8, Vectra 1.9 CDTi, Corsa 1.8 Sri, 206 Gti 180, Impreza Blobeye Sti Widetrack, Clio 172 Cup Track Car, E92 335D, Impreza Hatch STI, Evo IX FQ360MR, E92 M3 Competition
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 07:10 AM   #2
bmwdiesel
Private
Rep
Drives: 335d 2007

wish there are pictures for this
Appreciate 0