E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > CTS FMIC Kit Installed

08-19-2012, 12:07 AM   #1
e90_guy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

CTS FMIC Kit Installed

Last week I installed CTS FMIC kit on my e90. CTS is located in Langley, BC. For those who are not familiar with CTS, they have many yrs of experience tuning VW/Audi and they recently started looking into BMW tuning. The CTS FMIC kit is very high quality and measured 20″ long, 6″ tall and 7″ thick. The construction is very similar to the other brand like ETS or Helix. The installation took 2.5 hrs and required trimming of the shroud.

Here are some of the pictures of the FMIC

Impression: I switched to cobb S1+FMIC afterward and the car felt much stronger then before. The car ran perfectly even with the recent high temperature in GVA. For people like me living in GVA who don't want to deal with custom, brokerage fee, CTS is an execellent alternative.

They also have catless DP and exhaust

More pics:
http://www.ctsturbo.com/2012/08/anot...-cts-fmic-kit/
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 01:11 AM   #2
boostaholic786
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 N54 with MHD Custom flash

any dyno tests or logs on new intercooler to see IAT's, pressure drop, ect.. How much do they run? Looks like a quality product but then again looks can be very decieving lol
[SIZE="2"]Crimson Red E92 335i M-sport 6-speed with MHD custom stage 2+ flash only , 40% E85/93 mix,+ HRE P40S wheels, KW Clubsport, M3 sways,+BMW performance CF Mirrors, BMW Performance CF deck lid spoiler,+ CF interior trim, p3 vent boost gauge,+ LUX angel eyes (11.73@124mph on street tires)
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 11:15 AM   #3
driftdriven
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

I got the same intercooler! (Will post pics when I get home) These guys are awesome and for the price with install you can't go wrong.

My opinion of the performance as this is my first summer with the intercooler in.....the car pulls strong with unnoticeable difference in the 30+ degree heat we had. With the intercooler the car pulls stronger. I plan on doing dyno test soon to put all the nay-sayers to rest.

I do also have their CTS 3" downpipes which also helps a lot too.

Great product and awesome service from CTS!
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2017, 08:36 PM   #4
Stevesmokeman
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i E92

Updated pictures

Any way you could update the photo links? I really need some help with the shroud modification, as I thought it was supposed to be plug and play. My car is in pieces and undriveable until I figure it out.
Appreciate 0