E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Another cosmetic upgrade - Josh's Lite Angels

11-03-2013, 11:59 AM   #1
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D

Another cosmetic upgrade - Josh's Lite Angels

I recently decided to upgrade my angel eyes. I was thinking of bulbs initially, which would have only cost £80, but i wanted both the rings to have equal brightness and look better.

Well obviously there was only one option for the best look, Lite Angels, from one of our own members Josh. I saw photos of cars with it, and especially liked what Sam (awbimmer) did to his. A full blackout with silver accents, inidcator cover delete and a yellow LED for the inidicator.

At first i was going to leave my car with Josh to do all the work. But then for some reason i decided to do the work myself and just post them to him. Maybe it was me wanting to do it, or saving £120! There are a few good DIYs for the front bumper. but 31 bloody screws!!. Once the bumper is off there are a few torque screws on the headlight assembly and it pops out. Josh was always on hand to help over the phone In hindsight i should've just gotten Josh to do all of the work, it was such a hassle, especially with the bloody wind

I decided to pick the lights up personally, just to avoid them getting damaged. It was great to meet Josh and his car in person. His car looks awesome. Also throughout the whole buying process, Josh was very easy to contact, responded immediately and was very professional in his approach.

Today was the first day i went out in the car with these lights, and a BMW driver in tesco was asking me what i did to the lights. Obviously i told him about Lite Angels, so Josh you may have another customer in Northampton

The lights are not a cheap upgrade, but for me they are definitely worth it. They are nice and bright with a lovely white colour. The rings are so detailed and the rest of the unit looks nice with the blackout and accents. However it's hard to capture the true beauty of these on camera

Anyways here are the pics! No shitty iPhone pics for once!

Lights off:

To complete the cosmetic side of things i'm planning to get M3 side skirts and something special for the front

New pics

With xenons on. The rings are still detailed and do not get drowned out by the xenons, kind of hard to capture by camera though. They look to be a perfect colour match too.

The last pic is my favourite

Last edited by mob17; 11-04-2013 at 08:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 12:07 PM   #2
pandoo1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 320D

Looks awesome, need them lights in my life!
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 01:08 PM   #3
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Threads like this are enough to bring tears to my eyes

Looks fantastic Mob (the whole shebang), the lights were something I very nearly done 5 odd yrs ago when OSS in the States first started doing them.
But it was so expensive + sending the lights across the pond was always going to be too risky.

Top marks to Josh, he certainly knows his stuff,and every car he does looks the part

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 01:18 PM   #4
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandoo1 View Post
Looks awesome, need them lights in my life!
Thanks mate. I think i'm right in saying Josh is the only guy on this side of the pond to do them. Compared to the cost of getting it done in the US, it's very reasonable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
Threads like this are enough to bring tears to my eyes

Looks fantastic Mob (the whole shebang), the lights were something I very nearly done 5 odd yrs ago when OSS in the States first started doing them.
But it was so expensive + sending the lights across the pond was always going to be too risky.

Top marks to Josh, he certainly knows his stuff,and every car he does looks the part
Thanks Ian Still showing off your lovely wheels! I still remember when i came down and we were both standing outside, looking at my car, and imagining what could be done! I have been slowly modding it cosmetically since and I should be completing the sides and front in a weeks time. Nice to know you approve
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 01:22 PM   #5
jammy78
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 335D

Looks good mate!

I want this done - how much did it cost & how long did it take?
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 01:28 PM   #6
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammy78 View Post
Looks good mate!

I want this done - how much did it cost & how long did it take?
Thanks, still got your gloss black mirror covers! Think i need to give them a polish though!

If you take your car to him, he can get it done in 2 days, i.e he keeps your car for one night. I chose to post the lights as i am trying to save every penny lol. I think generally you can get it back on the second day, but have a word with Josh he can advise further. His prices are listed on his website www.liteangels.co.uk
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 05:27 PM   #7
Josh1a1h
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AzuriteBlack 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
I recently decided to upgrade my angel eyes. I was thinking of bulbs initially, which would have only cost £80, but i wanted both the rings to have equal brightness and look better.

Well obviously there was only one option for the best look, Lite Angels, from one of our own members Josh. I saw photos of cars with it, and especially liked what Sam (awbimmer) did to his. A full blackout with silver accents, inidcator cover delete and a yellow LED for the inidicator.

At first i was going to leave my car with Josh to do all the work. But then for some reason i decided to do the work myself and just post them to him. Maybe it was me wanting to do it, or saving £120! There are a few good DIYs for the front bumper. but 31 bloody screws!!. Once the bumper is off there are a few torque screws on the headlight assembly and it pops out. Josh was always on hand to help over the phone In hindsight i should've just gotten Josh to do all of the work, it was such a hassle, especially with the bloody wind

I decided to pick the lights up personally, just to avoid them getting damaged. It was great to meet Josh and his car in person. His car looks awesome. Also throughout the whole buying process, Josh was very easy to contact, responded immediately and was very professional in his approach.

Today was the first day i went out in the car with these lights, and a BMW driver in tesco was asking me what i did to the lights. Obviously i told him about Lite Angels, so Josh you may have another customer in Northampton

The lights are not a cheap upgrade, but for me they are definitely worth it. They are nice and bright with a lovely white colour. The rings are so detailed and the rest of the unit looks nice with the blackout and accents. However it's hard to capture the true beauty of these on camera

Very kind words from a nice guy!
Thank you for taking the time to write this review!

It was nice meeting you mate and it is a shame you couldn't make the meet tonight. Would have been nice to add you to the shoot

Your car is looking great and I bet you are turning heads all over now

Car is looking spot on mate!

One from this evening.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 05:34 PM   #8
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1a1h View Post
Very kind words from a nice guy!
Thank you for taking the time to write this review!

It was nice meeting you mate and it is a shame you couldn't make the meet tonight. Would have been nice to add you to the shoot

Your car is looking great and I bet you are turning heads all over now

Car is looking spot on mate!
Thanks Josh Yes i have definitely noticed people taking a second look of the car. It makes a huge difference!

That photo looks very nice, think my car is feeling left out! Hopefully i will attend some winter meets soon, would be nice to get some quality pics with other cars.

I forgot to add that before getting these lights, i was expecting the xenons to drown out the angel eyes. But with these lights, even with the xenons on, they are so clear and detailed
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2013, 06:18 PM   #9
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

Mo that looks spot bollock my friend, but I'll be biased given we're the only two in the country with identical lights now

Josh's work on these lights never ceases to amaze me and it's one of my most fav part on the car. Without the lights the car would just not be complete!

Great write up and the pics are doing your car justice.

Can't wait to see pics of the front end
      11-03-2013, 07:23 PM   #10
achu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

good review and great read! definitely one of the most commonly asked questions is how did i do my angels ahah (after 'is that a wrap?')... this is how the lights shoulda looked outta the factory!

Facebook: Achu Ckr|Twitter: AchuCkr|Instagram: AchuCKR|Flickr: AchuCKR|G+: achu.ckr
THE BUILD THREAD|COMPILATION OF PHOTOS
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 04:32 AM   #11
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
Mo that looks spot bollock my friend, but I'll be biased given we're the only two in the country with identical lights now

Josh's work on these lights never ceases to amaze me and it's one of my most fav part on the car. Without the lights the car would just not be complete!

Great write up and the pics are doing your car justice.

Can't wait to see pics of the front end
Hahaha spot bollock! It's nice to know that there are a select few with these lights

I'll try getting some daylight pics uploaded later today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by achu View Post
good review and great read! definitely one of the most commonly asked questions is how did i do my angels ahah (after 'is that a wrap?')... this is how the lights shoulda looked outta the factory!
Thanks mate! It definitely turns heads. It's a shame us drivers can't look at our car whilst driving lol.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 08:50 AM   #12
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Uploaded some more pics in OP
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2013, 12:33 PM   #13
Josh1a1h
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AzuriteBlack 335i E92

Great Pics!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2013, 02:29 PM   #14
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

I got the M3 side skirts fitted on today. I'll upload pics tomorrow
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #15
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mob17 View Post
I got the M3 side skirts fitted on today. I'll upload pics tomorrow
Glad you made the trip to Custom cars today!! Now you're going to be hooked lol!Get ur pics up soon 😊!!
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2013, 03:04 PM   #16
mob17
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWBimmer View Post
Glad you made the trip to Custom cars today!! Now you're going to be hooked lol!Get ur pics up soon 😊!!
Yeah i really appreciated them squeezing me in. Great guys!

Oh and thanks for sorting it out for me!
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2013, 04:12 PM   #17
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Anytime brotha'! Glad you got it done!!