E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > LCI Halogen to Xenon

12-13-2014, 01:13 PM   #1
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: LCI

LCI Halogen to Xenon

If I was upgrading from a set of halogens which I currently own to a set of xenons, what would I require to make sure the xenons work fully on my car with no errors or codes thrown on the dash?

Keep in mind that I will be trading headlight units with someone so all hardware for the xenons will be included

|2010 E90 LCI 328i|Matte Black grilles|35% Ceramic Tint|Black Chrome Varrstoen ES2|ST Coilovers|Mtech Front Bumper|
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2014, 02:20 PM   #2
Leah1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320d m sport

The proper way is frm3 and coding ,loom kit ,auto levellers ,and headlight washers and depending on if the are legal requirement in your country.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2014, 12:43 PM   #3
footylad
Rep
Drives: E90N 318D M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah1 View Post
The proper way is frm3 and coding ,loom kit ,auto levellers ,and headlight washers and depending on if the are legal requirement in your country.
I did some research here as I have LCI Halogens and was keen on changing to Xenon's. 1.) Its more hassle and cost than its worth 2.) BMW have sacked off Xenon technology as the ballast fails and are moving to LED 3.) Get some H7 HID's or H7 LED's that are new the market probably just as good!
Appreciate 0