E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > How much to TINT windows ?

08-18-2014, 07:58 AM   #23
cartaa100
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i, 640i, X6M50d, X3M40i

I want to tint mine in the "privacy tint style" (back 3 windows really dark). Does anyone know in a percentage equivalent what privacy glass is stained/tinted at?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2014, 11:21 AM   #24
lemonpark
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: '08 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartaa100 View Post
I want to tint mine in the "privacy tint style" (back 3 windows really dark). Does anyone know in a percentage equivalent what privacy glass is stained/tinted at?
pretty sure "limo" tint is 0-5% tint
just go 5% or 10% on the rear 3 windows and do the front two windows at 20% and it shouldn't contrast too much. had 5% tints all round on my IS250 and that shit was crazy, night time parking... well you can just forget it, lucky I had a camera to back up. night driving gonna have to put the windows down to see properly.
I'm not too sure what % the tint on my e92 is since it already came with tint, but I wanna go darker. I'm thinking 10% all round since the car's black.

also, if you're gonna be worried about police, just get 20%, most cops will let you go on that/won't notice, anything darker is pushing it a bit, or just roll with the windows down all the time. had to do that every time i saw a cop coming up next to me in the lexus haha
JB4 G5 ISO | BMS Backend Flash | Alpina B3 TCU Flash | AR Design Catless DP | BMS DCI | ER CP | Turbosmart Race Port BOV | Muffler Delete | H&R Sport Springs | BMS Cowl | BMW Performance Alcantara Wheel | M3 DCT Paddles | Muse Concept and Design Interior | 19" GTC-CX | M3 Lip Spoiler | Zieg CF Rear Diffuser | Flow Designs Front Lip | Black Grill | RGB LED Angel Eyes | 8000K HID |
Appreciate 0