E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > All COBB Tuning AccessPORT Flash for N54 335i Discussion Here

12-07-2012, 12:28 AM   #6667
joro2077
Rep
Drives: 335i E93

I use this one and I love it. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls_o06_s00_i00
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 12:34 AM   #6668
joro2077
Rep

New to Cobb here.. I run map1+aggressive and got P3OFF (boost leak) code and check engine light, I clear the code and did it again just to be sure and same thing happend. Then I switched to map+1sport and everything was fine no boost leak anymore. Im guessing my DVs cant support that boost but looking for confirmation. My car is with FMIC and DCI and running 93 shell. I attached couple of logs with each map (still learning to read cobb logs, but I see a big difference in requested and actual load in one of the logs) Any opinions? Thanks for looking.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Archive.zip (48.1 KB, 69 views)
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 11:19 AM   #6669
Ænema
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by joro2077 View Post
New to Cobb here.. I run map1+aggressive and got P3OFF (boost leak) code and check engine light, I clear the code and did it again just to be sure and same thing happend. Then I switched to map+1sport and everything was fine no boost leak anymore. Im guessing my DVs cant support that boost but looking for confirmation. My car is with FMIC and DCI and running 93 shell. I attached couple of logs with each map (still learning to read cobb logs, but I see a big difference in requested and actual load in one of the logs) Any opinions? Thanks for looking.
Yep, you've got a boost leak. The most common places to start looking for a leak is the FMIC and charge pipe connections. How long ago was the FMIC installed? Normally when is installedand then immediately after issues start occuring it's that part.

Boost mean abs is actually where the DME gets it's actual load, so when it's not hitting boost target you won't hit load targets. When you plot Boost mean abs, Boost and Load act in a graph they will mirror each other.

Other than that the log looks pretty dang good on both sport and aggressive.
      12-07-2012, 12:54 PM   #6670
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
I mean, you can buy guaranteed, quality controlled E85 from VP Racing. Which like I said is my concern -- At least with Race Gas, you know exactly what you're buying. Be a different story if we had an Ethanol Sensor & the tune could adjust accordingly.
i agree

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 12:56 PM   #6671
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilvosko View Post
Anyone using a mount or clip for Cobb ap when monitoring, like on AC vent?
YES

Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #6672
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=696472

Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 12:58 PM   #6673
joro2077
Rep

@Ænema- I'll check again, you dont think its DVs? Because I already bought AWE DVs. I had FMIC for more then a year now and everything was fine on JB4 G5+meth (im planning on stacking both tunes but for now JB4 is off the car cause I have some rattle and going for warranty issues soon) thanks for reply

Last edited by joro2077; 12-07-2012 at 01:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 01:02 PM   #6674
EastCoast335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 | 2008 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
YES

Hey Blob,
Does this mount work on the small corner vent (driver side, top of dash, in left corner)?
That vent is angled towards the driver side window, but can you insert the clip and then angle the cobb towards you? or is there not enough angle adjustment to do that?
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 01:10 PM   #6675
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ænema View Post
Yep, you've got a boost leak. The most common places to start looking for a leak is the FMIC and charge pipe connections. How long ago was the FMIC installed? Normally when is installedand then immediately after issues start occuring it's that part.

Boost mean abs is actually where the DME gets it's actual load, so when it's not hitting boost target you won't hit load targets. When you plot Boost mean abs, Boost and Load act in a graph they will mirror each other.

Other than that the log looks pretty dang good on both sport and aggressive.
I Got a boost leak 1 day during my log for my Pro Tune. it was 100+ outside and got the P30FF. Took apart all connections (just installed FMIC and CP) and put back. Just the CP though, there was no way my FMIC piping was leaking. Cleared code, and never came back. Many WOT pulls since then.

a couple weeks ago went to OTS S1+ Agg. (from my pro tune MAP) and got the P30FF code twice during WOT Pulls. A bit concerned because it was consistent.

Haven't done a complete 3rd gear WOT Pull since, but may today.

So my question, it appears my ER CP has a little play at the Throttle Body. I have a new rubber o ring and used the OEM metal clip. Could my code be caused from the CP slightly being torqued during WOT? Thus causing a leak at the throttle body? I have a hard time believing I have a leak in my connections. Because I don't get the Boost Leak code when daily driving even pushing the card hard.

I know there are many variables, I'll try a WOT pull today and see if I get a code. Been raining ever since.

EDIT: I have Tial BOV

Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 01:12 PM   #6676
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastCoast335i View Post
Hey Blob,
Does this mount work on the small corner vent (driver side, top of dash, in left corner)?
That vent is angled towards the driver side window, but can you insert the clip and then angle the cobb towards you? or is there not enough angle adjustment to do that?
I now place the cradle on the driver side vent. Plenty of room. Its a 4 way swivel so there is plenty of adjustments, just the vent itself can't carry the weight so you have to compensate the swivel to be angled up, as the vent pulls it down. Make sense?

Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 01:16 PM   #6677
joro2077
Rep

@VNeBLOB42 thanks but I've already read this thread. I was just asking for opinions.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 01:39 PM   #6678
Ænema
Captain
Rep

Quote:
@Ænema- I'll check again, you dont think its DVs? Because I already bought AWE DVs. I had FMIC for more then a year now and everything was fine on JB4 G5+meth (im planning on stacking both tunes but for now JB4 is off the car cause I have some rattle and going for warranty issues soon) thanks for reply
It certainly could be the DVs. If you've already got the AWE DVs then just swap them in and see if you stop throwing the code. If you're still throwing an under boost code with new DVs then that at least eliminates one leak source.
      12-07-2012, 01:42 PM   #6679
joro2077
Rep

Quote:
It certainly could be the DVs. If you've already got the AWE DVs then just swap them in and see if you stop throwing the code. If you're still throwing an under boost code with new DVs then that at least eliminates one leak source.
AWE on order bought them last night.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 01:44 PM   #6680
Ænema
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I Got a boost leak 1 day during my log for my Pro Tune. it was 100+ outside and got the P30FF. Took apart all connections (just installed FMIC and CP) and put back. Just the CP though, there was no way my FMIC piping was leaking. Cleared code, and never came back. Many WOT pulls since then.

a couple weeks ago went to OTS S1+ Agg. (from my pro tune MAP) and got the P30FF code twice during WOT Pulls. A bit concerned because it was consistent.

Haven't done a complete 3rd gear WOT Pull since, but may today.

So my question, it appears my ER CP has a little play at the Throttle Body. I have a new rubber o ring and used the OEM metal clip. Could my code be caused from the CP slightly being torqued during WOT? Thus causing a leak at the throttle body? I have a hard time believing I have a leak in my connections. Because I don't get the Boost Leak code when daily driving even pushing the card hard.

I know there are many variables, I'll try a WOT pull today and see if I get a code. Been raining ever since.

EDIT: I have Tial BOV
There shouldn't be any play where the CP clips to the TB. If there is you should probably see whats causing it. I find it odd that it didn't show up on the PTF maps(I'm assuming they run the same or more boost.)
      12-07-2012, 01:47 PM   #6681
Ænema
Captain
Rep

Quote:
AWE on order bought them last night.
In the meantime you could spray the connections with some soapy water or snoop and have someone rev the car while looking for leaks. It's not a great test because it won't build nearly as much boost as it does during a pull but it does have potential to show a leak.
      12-07-2012, 01:50 PM   #6682
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
There shouldn't be any play where the CP clips to the TB. If there is you should probably see whats causing it. I find it odd that it didn't show up on the PTF maps(I'm assuming they run the same or more boost.)
I guess what I mean by play, I can grab the CP with both hands and with little force rock it back and forth. It just to me seemed too loose. but then again could be normal.

Correct, ~19.xx psi while the OTS is 18.5. I get the Code near redline at WOT. I'll have to do another log just to be sure. It just seemed odd that on Pro Tuned it went away and got it again on OTS. I'll do some more logging.

Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 01:51 PM   #6683
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
@VNeBLOB42 thanks but I've already read this thread. I was just asking for opinions.
10-4

Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 01:55 PM   #6684
Ænema
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I guess what I mean by play, I can grab the CP with both hands and with little force rock it back and forth. It just to me seemed too loose. but then again could be normal.

Correct, ~19.xx psi while the OTS is 18.5. I get the Code near redline at WOT. I'll have to do another log just to be sure. It just seemed odd that on Pro Tuned it went away and got it again on OTS. I'll do some more logging.
Hmm... overboosts are common on the OTS mapping for some cars and this has me wondering if the OPPOSITE could be true for some cars. Maybe the OTS WGDC mapping isn't aggressive enough on certain maps and there isn't enough adders or PID to make up the difference. This could be interesting.
      12-07-2012, 02:12 PM   #6685
DallasBoosted
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Anybody else have trouble putting a live log up on the Cobb for any period of time because it always seems to disconnect or have communication trouble?
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 02:23 PM   #6686
benzy89
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [7.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasBoosted View Post
Anybody else have trouble putting a live log up on the Cobb for any period of time because it always seems to disconnect or have communication trouble?
I've had it freeze up on me a few times if it's plugged in & I just let it sit. If I go to do some pulls, I usually have everything ready & plug it into the OBD just when I'm about to do the logs.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 02:28 PM   #6687
DallasBoosted
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by benzy89 View Post
I've had it freeze up on me a few times if it's plugged in & I just let it sit. If I go to do some pulls, I usually have everything ready & plug it into the OBD just when I'm about to do the logs.
Yea I was considering mounting the AP via suction cup and putting up AFR or coolant temp or something just to have another gauge, but it didn't stay connected more than 5 minutes or so...

Totally fine for datalogging pulls, but not that useful as a gauge...

Suggestion: when the thing loses connection, can't it try to re-establish itself?
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 02:54 PM   #6688
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
Hmm... overboosts are common on the OTS mapping for some cars and this has me wondering if the OPPOSITE could be true for some cars. Maybe the OTS WGDC mapping isn't aggressive enough on certain maps and there isn't enough adders or PID to make up the difference. This could be interesting.
Since i can't attached anything i can't upload my logs. But I'll let you know what happens after work and see if i get a leak code.

Appreciate 0