E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Powerless after I serviced my 335d

08-04-2013, 04:22 AM   #1
mistikempire
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw e92 335d

Powerless after I serviced my 335d

I serviced my own e92 335d, changed everything that needed to, an my turbo boost pipe, which is the big red hose, had all oil on it, so I thaught it may be leaking, so I spent time an managed to take it off and clean it an check the seals an hose itself which seemed fine :/.

Anyway after doing that and the service, I put the car on and drove it then I get this loud air type of noise coming from the engine when I put my foot on the accelerator, the noise sounds like a really loud version of air escaping from a tire.

There is also a very bad power loss now an the car has no power along with this light coming on the dashboard (the one in the link which says "check")

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=e9...-E2DiQUMRTM%3A
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2013, 04:38 AM   #2
Dan-danGT
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330d M-Sport

I would say check your boost hose again, it's obviously not seated correctly or seal has moved. It's the only thing you did yesterday and before that it was ok I presume? Recheck that hose and any other hose you had off aswell
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2013, 06:05 AM   #3
mistryn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D

as above I bet the boost hose has not been seated in properly, when you put the red boost pipe back on the clip/tab which attaches the end to the turbo did you hear it click into place?
Appreciate 0