E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts > <<< ESS Tuning - Any N54 DME Flash for $750 >>>

04-07-2009, 03:20 PM   #89
Alpina_B3_Lux
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 LMX, BMW M550i xDrive

Garage List
2009 335i  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus-6 View Post
Looking forward to hearing your impressions!
At the moment I'm primarily looking forward to receiving the DME.

I had hoped for it to have arrived already, but it's still in transit and has left Paris only this evening (what did it do all day in Paris? shopping?). Which means (customs and all) I probably won't be getting it before Thursday. Friday would be disappointing because I'll have difficulties getting it installed that day. We'll see - but I find the postal services are just too slow. Shouldn't take 5-6 days!

Alpina_B3_Lux
      04-12-2009, 12:57 PM   #90
bulldog_yyc
Major General
Rep
Drives: GT3RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina_B3_Lux View Post
At the moment I'm primarily looking forward to receiving the DME.

I had hoped for it to have arrived already, but it's still in transit and has left Paris only this evening (what did it do all day in Paris? shopping?). Which means (customs and all) I probably won't be getting it before Thursday. Friday would be disappointing because I'll have difficulties getting it installed that day. We'll see - but I find the postal services are just too slow. Shouldn't take 5-6 days!

Alpina_B3_Lux
so any feedback?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2009, 04:51 AM   #91
Alpina_B3_Lux
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 LMX, BMW M550i xDrive

Garage List
2009 335i  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkish335 View Post
so any feedback?
I got it last Wednesday, had it installed the same day. There are momentarily issues with [EDIT: the electronic differential and the speed limiter] however, the cause of which is not clear right now (could be the flash, could also be something else). I hope it gets sorted out soon.

Alpina_B3_Lux

Last edited by Alpina_B3_Lux; 04-16-2009 at 02:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2009, 04:52 PM   #92
Praemienhai
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

@ess

What will be the differences in gains/torque between stage 3 and 4 assuming that both setups are equipped with VK FMIC and AR catted DPs (beside Forge DVs and VK oilcooler, otherwise stock)? It is possible to estimate the differences in durability (engine, turbos and drivetrain)?

Which stage do you recommend for the above mentioned setup assuming that the car is a daily-driver and therefore a outstanding driveability and smothness is mandatory?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2009, 02:49 PM   #93
Praemienhai
Private
Germany
Rep

ESS,

no longer interested in Business?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2009, 03:13 PM   #94
bulldog_yyc
Major General
Rep
Drives: GT3RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praemienhai View Post
@ess

What will be the differences in gains/torque between stage 3 and 4 assuming that both setups are equipped with VK FMIC and AR catted DPs (beside Forge DVs and VK oilcooler, otherwise stock)? It is possible to estimate the differences in durability (engine, turbos and drivetrain)?

Which stage do you recommend for the above mentioned setup assuming that the car is a daily-driver and therefore a outstanding driveability and smothness is mandatory?
you are asking them to estimate the durability of your engine? that is an absurd request. ESS has already stated that stage 4 is at the limit of the turbos, while stage 3 is slightly more conservative - you can draw your own conclusions from how you drive the car.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2009, 03:49 PM   #95
sales@ESSTuning
Rep
Drives: ESS M3 / M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praemienhai View Post
@ess

Turkish335 is correct. We tested the Stage 3 heavily with no long-term problems at all. Stage 4 was created at the request of the US market and is pushes the limit of the stock turbos. While it still has endless safety features in place for durability, it is as far as we are comfortable going. We don't feel it will cause problems, but we confirm with each customer that Stage 4 is at their own risk.

Just for reference, my stage 4 made +85whp and +95wtq on 93. It is likely a different intake would open up a few additional ponies as well.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2009, 04:05 PM   #96
Praemienhai
Private
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@ESS View Post
Just for reference, my stage 4 made +85whp and +95wtq on 93. It is likely a different intake would open up a few additional ponies as well.
Thank you. But what will be the (estimated) difference in gains between Stage 3 and Stage 4 (assuming same setup incl. FMIC and DPs)? I just want to get a feeling 1. how much the risk of failures is increased 2. if it makes sence to think about stage 4.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2009, 10:38 PM   #97
orientblue3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: RIP 335, Now P30 C63

What are you guys insuring your DME for? Does ESS add insurance for you on the return shipping?
Appreciate 0