E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > Bmw E90 Lci Tan Leather Interior Split Fold Rear Seats, £600 Bargain!

02-18-2013, 04:05 PM   #23
Not a Diesel!!!
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Megane Cup-S

Nice Seats I have these in my car (electric but not heated). I have a Space Grey LCI Touring.

The look great.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 04:44 PM   #24
jester77
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i E90 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jat View Post
What are the differences in Pre and LCI seats? Do they look the same? Is it just the connectors you mentioned?

Also, not sure what you mean about not connecting the head rest wiring for the front seats....?
One thing to be aware of is that for some reason the spec of the integral rear centre belt was changed at some point (possibly with LCI) so that the 'tongue' on the integral belt on LCI seats is not compatible with pre-LCI buckle that is attached to the pre-tensioner unit under the seats. I know because I tried to do the retro-fit. I tried a work-around by replacing the pre-tensioner unit but then it is out of synch with the side belt! All got a bit complex so I aborted.

Am now on the look out for pre-LCI sports leather...
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 04:13 AM   #25
Jat
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E91 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester77 View Post
One thing to be aware of is that for some reason the spec of the integral rear centre belt was changed at some point (possibly with LCI) so that the 'tongue' on the integral belt on LCI seats is not compatible with pre-LCI buckle that is attached to the pre-tensioner unit under the seats. I know because I tried to do the retro-fit. I tried a work-around by replacing the pre-tensioner unit but then it is out of synch with the side belt! All got a bit complex so I aborted.

Am now on the look out for pre-LCI sports leather...
Thanks for that info. So basically, if you try to put rear LCI seats into a Pre-LCI, the centre belt will no longer work.

Pretty much puts the nail in the coffin.

My Journal Thread : CLICK HERE
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 04:27 AM   #26
foxy-stoat
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320 E91

Quote:
What are the differences in Pre and LCI seats? Do they look the same? Is it just the connectors you mentioned?

Also, not sure what you mean about not connecting the head rest wiring for the front seats....?
Air bag connectors are different and the head rests snap forward in the event of an accident so there's connections for them. Not an issue if you fit LCI seats to non LCI car but you cannot fit non LCI seat to a LCI car without some jiggery pokery.

Not 100% on the rear seat belt bucket tho....I have 3 sets of se interiors in the loft, 1 LCI and 2 non LCI but never compared the rear seat belts.

To be sure maybe the OP can take a photo of the seat belt, and measure the buckle so you can compare.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 06:31 AM   #27
jester77
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i E90 2011

Quote:
Thanks for that info. So basically, if you try to put rear LCI seats into a Pre-LCI, the centre belt will no longer work.

Pretty much puts the nail in the coffin.
As Foxy Stoat suggests, if the OP can provide the width of the 'tongue' on the centre belt from his seats then you can compare to your existing - there's a very clear difference. I'm sure there are spec changes all the time and mine is a relatively early model so there could be differences from one pre-LCI to the next.

One alternative could be to somehow swap the seat covers between new and old on that section only but not sure how easy that would be or how satisfactory the outcome - might also have implications if you were looking at selling the old interior on.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 07:00 AM   #28
Jat
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E91 330i M Sport

Thanks for all the feedback and assistance. Decided not going to go for this, so best of luck to the OP with the sale. It is a nice set for the right person.

My Journal Thread : CLICK HERE
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 09:05 AM   #29
foxy-stoat
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320 E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester77 View Post
As Foxy Stoat suggests, if the OP can provide the width of the 'tongue' on the centre belt from his seats then you can compare to your existing - there's a very clear difference. I'm sure there are spec changes all the time and mine is a relatively early model so there could be differences from one pre-LCI to the next.

One alternative could be to somehow swap the seat covers between new and old on that section only but not sure how easy that would be or how satisfactory the outcome - might also have implications if you were looking at selling the old interior on.
Something like this then:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ght=foxy-stoat

Am sure you can swop the rear seat belts around tho....

Anywho, good luck with the OP's sale
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 11:17 AM   #30
$pringy
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E91

Now on ebay with No reserve, have a bid

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-3-Seri...item1c30535a04
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2013, 08:55 AM   #31
Darlo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E91 M Sport Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3/C63/Q7 View Post
Now on ebay with No reserve, have a bid

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-3-Seri...item1c30535a04
Just sent you a quesion via ebay, didnt realise these were on the forum and most of the questions been answered!

Any forum member around Manchester that would want to fit these for me to my pre-lci touring msport for a few quid if i decide to get them

Just not 100% on the colour and it matching the car. Decisions decisions...
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2013, 02:34 PM   #32
trixman
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: A Rental

Garage List
2007 BMW E92 335d  [0.00]
2003 M3 CSL  [0.00]
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Wish I already have a touring to fit these into, one of the nicest colour interiors I've seen, would love to have in a black one
Appreciate 0