E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > V4 6MT, Stage 1

01-03-2010, 10:36 PM   #1
joec500
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: it has 4 wheels

V4 6MT, Stage 1

So I have been running the PROcede for the last 2 years and I am still amazed on the leaps in development of the tune.

So I received the first version of the V4 and I was impressed on how it just felt so much faster even though I was not putting out more boost, but I reverted back to V3 maps shortly because there were some issues on quick throttle inputs, that I were unacceptable, especially when cutting in and out of Stop and Go Traffic.

Today I got the revised maps and all those issues are gone and the car just feels so torque rich. The Boost is MUCH more consistent according to my Rix Gauge. I am running the lowest boost map (13PSI) and the car feels so stronger than the latest V3 map.

The big improvements from the seat of the pants are the consistency in boost (no more boost oscillation), and increase in power/tq deliver throughout th the rev range.

The car feels great in the lower speeds/rev range as well. I used to prefer zipping around the city in my GTI due to the quick nimble spool of that 2.0T, but the V4 has matched this engine nimbleness, combined with much stronger top end.

I am stoked for the final maps to be released. People...get excited!
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2010, 10:47 PM   #2
XPO186
Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Damn Joe... You were getting the boost oscillation too on a stock car? Srsly can't wait till these V4 maps come out...
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2010, 10:48 PM   #3
Dackz
Hates Speed Limits
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by joec500 View Post
So I have been running the PROcede for the last 2 years and I am still amazed on the leaps in development of the tune.

So I received the first version of the V4 and I was impressed on how it just felt so much faster even though I was not putting out more boost, but I reverted back to V3 maps shortly because there were some issues on quick throttle inputs, that I were unacceptable, especially when cutting in and out of Stop and Go Traffic.

Today I got the revised maps and all those issues are gone and the car just feels so torque rich. The Boost is MUCH more consistent according to my Rix Gauge. I am running the lowest boost map (13PSI) and the car feels so stronger than the latest V3 map.

The big improvements from the seat of the pants are the consistency in boost (no more boost oscillation), and increase in power/tq deliver throughout th the rev range.

The car feels great in the lower speeds/rev range as well. I used to prefer zipping around the city in my GTI due to the quick nimble spool of that 2.0T, but the V4 has matched this engine nimbleness, combined with much stronger top end.

I am stoked for the final maps to be released. People...get excited!

Damn you people...these reviews must stop....your going to cause me to rack up some credit debt and stimulate the economy

Stage 1, meaning, stock otherwise? Thats how I will be running until warranty is out then its DP's and FMIC
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2010, 11:13 PM   #4
TMR
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

I feel the car is faster too with less boost but i thought i was just crazy.
SOLD E39 M5 Modded, What a great car! www.tmrmzine.com/m5/
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2010, 11:19 PM   #5
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 AWD M3 Comp - SMB

I think it's a combo of a bunch of things, including just how absolutely steady and perfect the boost control is... combined with zero throttle closure etc.

I honestly can't wait for everyone else to get V4 so they can see what we've been trying to sum up in words. it just feels like a new car (again).
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2010, 01:05 AM   #6
Bimmer This
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

You guys are killing me with these write-ups. I wish I was one of the beta testers.
Appreciate 0