E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Here for a short time..

08-08-2017, 12:44 AM   #89
satz
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X3 M40i

Hi all
What mods do we need to disclose in insurance? If I change wheels I guess I should notify and increase ins value by that amount?

But what about performance mods like exhaust, or FMIC? Are they usually seen as 'legal' by insurance companies, or better for the driver not to disclose these, and then absorb the cost if the car is written off?

And do insurance companies question you if you go with 'agreed value' that is higher than market value?

cheers
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2017, 12:25 AM   #90
Newtoy
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW e92 335i

Garage List
Hope everyone is doing fine , going by socks thread that keeps getting bigger and bigger i guess the n54 community still has what it needs to keep it alive fortunately.

I always believe in fighting for what is right and never gave up when every odds was against me so today i was provided with the determination which came after rejecting the preliminary review that the Ombudsman gave me a few months ago,review that at the time was not in my favor.

The determination found that the insurance hasn't been transparent enough in the information they provided to the ombudsman for denying my claim thus they have been told that the claim need to be paid in full with accrued interest from the time of accident that happened last december 2016.
This couldn't have come at a more appropriate time of year and am so stoked about the outcome..
unfortunately i didn't take possession of the wreck when the insurance was trying to wash their hands clean a few weeks ago thinking they had already won the case which saddens me a bit as there was some pretty good mods i would have been happy to recover but who knows i might end up at the auction buying the car back if missus don't mind lol which am sure she will not be happy with.

wishing everyone on here a merry xmas and a happy new year 2018 and be safe on the road and most of all remember to disclose all your mods and change insurance if needs be
Appreciate 3
vtl1493.00
Pyro33572.50
      12-08-2017, 01:15 AM   #91
Aus335iguy
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 335i MSport DCT

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newtoy View Post
Hope everyone is doing fine , going by socks thread that keeps getting bigger and bigger i guess the n54 community still has what it needs to keep it alive fortunately.

I always believe in fighting for what is right and never gave up when every odds was against me so today i was provided with the determination which came after rejecting the preliminary review that the Ombudsman gave me a few months ago,review that at the time was not in my favor.

The determination found that the insurance hasn't been transparent enough in the information they provided to the ombudsman for denying my claim thus they have been told that the claim need to be paid in full with accrued interest from the time of accident that happened last december 2016.
This couldn't have come at a more appropriate time of year and am so stoked about the outcome..
unfortunately i didn't take possession of the wreck when the insurance was trying to wash their hands clean a few weeks ago thinking they had already won the case which saddens me a bit as there was some pretty good mods i would have been happy to recover but who knows i might end up at the auction buying the car back if missus don't mind lol which am sure she will not be happy with.

wishing everyone on here a merry xmas and a happy new year 2018 and be safe on the road and most of all remember to disclose all your mods and change insurance if needs be
Good on you mate!
      12-08-2017, 04:14 PM   #92
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Quote:

Great to hear you finally got justice’and will get your payout. Honestly should not have been disputed. Other people would have given up before now, it’s great to see you didn’t and finally got the decision you deserve. Nice Merry Christmas to you to bro
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2017, 04:33 PM   #93
Pyro335
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3 - MG

Garage List
Quote:

Good to hear! I had some trouble with an insurance company about 10 years ago much the same - Not a great experience!
Appreciate 0