E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Results of the 2.0D 177 BHP Remap

Closed Thread

07-21-2008, 03:45 PM   #23
Jude1
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 3 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkE90 View Post
I have provisionally booked in this Sat with Imran. Hoping they have the kit in the country by saturday.
I have had a spider tuning box and look forward to comparing results between remap and box,however I know in my heart of hearts that remap is the way forward.
Looks like an early start tho cos i,m 230 miles away!!
Still, It will keep me off the beer on Friday night....

It'll be worthwhile even if the remap matches the power and torque of the box. Driveability should also improve as boxes although effective can be quite crude in their delivery.

Jules.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2008, 02:40 PM   #24
635d
Rep
Drives: BMW

I am sure you will be very happy with the remap on the 2.0d 177bhp. I had a remap done on my wifes 120d 177bhp as Simon can also do them. The results are very good with smooth take off, power all the way to redline and reduced turbo lag.

Simon is also mobile and did the work at my home so I didnt have to take a day off work, added bonus if you ask me.

Overall very pleased with the results and an extra 2mpg is welcome !!
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread