E90Post

ECS BMW

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Need smog shop in east bay

02-09-2018, 05:07 PM   #1
droptop335
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335i (E93)

Need smog shop in east bay

Hey guys,
Posted this in the Norcal shop thread too, but not sure if that thread gets much traffic.

I have an MHD flash and had my charge tube replaced because it was cracked. The smog shop here in Livermore said it had to be CARB certified, even though I told him it didn't. Not sure if true or not

Can anyone recommend a smog shop that will "look the other way" and just smog my car?

MHD Stage 1 Flash, M-Factory Helical LSD

By the way people: USE YOUR F&*#ING TURN SIGNALS! Pass the word.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2018, 10:03 PM   #2
GotPwned
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by droptop335 View Post
Hey guys,
Posted this in the Norcal shop thread too, but not sure if that thread gets much traffic.

I have an MHD flash and had my charge tube replaced because it was cracked. The smog shop here in Livermore said it had to be CARB certified, even though I told him it didn't. Not sure if true or not

Can anyone recommend a smog shop that will "look the other way" and just smog my car?
Find a hole in the wall place to get your smog done. I replaced my er chargepipe and also had forge diverter valves but the place didnt care and ended up passing visual inspection anyways
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2018, 08:21 PM   #3
techwhiz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i Sedan - Arctic

I drove into a STAR Certified shop in Campbell with a charge pipe replacement and he didn't care. He only looked for the catted downpipes.
Arctic Metallic\CF Splitters, Spoiler, Mirror Covers\LED Tails\LSD\Tinted\Coded\Apex EC7-19"\LED Angel Eyes\Gloss Black Grill\Integrated V1 & Galaxy Tab\M-Performance Brakes\Cobb Tuned\Resonator Removed and -> is your friend.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2018, 09:45 AM   #4
tunachris
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92

Garage List
2010 E92  [0.00]
I had the same issue 2 years ago with a Forge chargepipe. Shop wouldn’t pass visual due to Non CARB compliance. Had to wait 90 days to have it re-tested. I paid the fees to the DMV on time, then waited to do a re-test. Not all that hard to find a shop that will “ look the other way”!
      02-18-2018, 02:59 PM   #5
Ur3ss
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i 6-speed, 2001 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunachris View Post
I had the same issue 2 years ago with a Forge chargepipe. Shop wouldn’t pass visual due to Non CARB compliance. Had to wait 90 days to have it re-tested. I paid the fees to the DMV on time, then waited to do a re-test. Not all that hard to find a shop that will “ look the other way”!
Why did you wait 90 days? There is no time restriction on retests.
Appreciate 0