E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > 2007 E90 to 2010 LCI Conversion

09-25-2011, 01:33 PM   #23
flip4335
General Nuisance in a Private Conveyance
United_States
Rep
Drives: like it's rented

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_GT View Post
Been offered a rear convrsion but tight on funds at present
Sean,

Don't listen to anybody about the conversion. Here is a link of a forum member who converted his bumper and bonnet to lci from pre-lci:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=504040

The parts list is in this thread, as well.

As you can see, he didn't change the headlights, but that's OK, because he liked the contrast. I believe you don't have to change yours, either...at least not immediately, if you still want.

I also want to do the conversion and all I need are the bonnet (hood), bumper and grilles/fogs/etc. It is an OEM swap, so no worries on fitment.

Hope this helps!

OBTW, nice color! I have 219M wheels installed on mine, like this car:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=520950

G/L with your conversion!

BMWCCA Member # 414198 |E90|SGM|6MT|Premium|Cold|Sport|Tint|LCI MSport Conversion|MTech|Blacklines|219M|PSS|Quaife|Helix FMIC|M3 Suspension|Megan Racing|GC Camber Plates/Coilovers|Eibach 440/800#|AR Catted DP|Cobb AP|StopTech Drilled/Slotted|SS Brake Lines|DWS
Quaife Review: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=311570

Last edited by flip4335; 09-25-2011 at 01:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2011, 09:05 AM   #24
dcorn
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335i

I'd say keep your car like it is now, except some black grilles, a lip on the front bumper, and blackline taillights. I'd love to do the LCI front too, but it's expensive and I don't have the pre-LCI Mtech kit like you.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2012, 12:14 AM   #25
ALBO*BOY
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 bmw 335xi

Garage List
Hey guys I'm new at BMW so I just got a salvage 2010 e92 335xi I got the lci bumper grills and so on.. Now te lci e93 headlights work fine but turn signals and angel eye blink cas obviously they're LED. Does anyone know how to fix it or find a conversion? Plz help!
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2012, 12:30 AM   #26
Iceburg
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 B8.5

I have done the front end conversion.

All depends how far you want to go, if you want it to look like the original picture you posted then you will need the following:

1) LCI Msport Bumper (with all mounting gear, LCI grills, fogs, lower grills etc) the bumper is straight forward install through a shop.
2) LCI Msport Splitters
3) LCI Hood - Straight forward install
4) LCI Xenon Headlamps - Trickier, depending on your FRM and production date of vehicle, also, you have to consider if you want LCI Halogens, LCI Adaptive Xenons or LCI Non Adaptive, your easiest route being LCI Halogen, if you want LCI Xenon, then you need to replace ballasts, bulbs, possibly FRM and some coding.

As for the rear.

1) LCI trunk Lid
2) LCI Rear tail lights, outer & inner, repin and wiring, perhaps some coding.

Easiest route here is to look at my Group Buy for LCI STYLED lights for our PRELCI vehicles.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=656252

I would say your Mtech Kit right now looks great man! perhaps just update the headlights to LCI & add some splitters. Mtech is hard to come by!

Here is my PRELCI to LCI conversion, with stock LCI bumper.

GOOD LUCK!
Appreciate 1
Ballistic127.00
      03-03-2012, 12:31 AM   #27
Iceburg
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by erjoni View Post
Hey guys I'm new at BMW so I just got a salvage 2010 e92 335xi I got the lci bumper grills and so on.. Now te lci e93 headlights work fine but turn signals and angel eye blink cas obviously they're LED. Does anyone know how to fix it or find a conversion? Plz help!
You need coding to fix this, more than likely, you have hyperblinking, cold/warm weather check & error coding should fix.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2012, 01:11 AM   #28
ALBO*BOY
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 bmw 335xi

Garage List
How do u do coding?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2012, 03:08 AM   #29
DC_Oldboy
Q(*.*)-D Q-(^.~Q)
United_States
Rep
Drives: like an old person.

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [8.48]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceburg View Post
I have done the front end conversion.

All depends how far you want to go, if you want it to look like the original picture you posted then you will need the following:

1) LCI Msport Bumper (with all mounting gear, LCI grills, fogs, lower grills etc) the bumper is straight forward install through a shop.
2) LCI Msport Splitters
3) LCI Hood - Straight forward install
4) LCI Xenon Headlamps - Trickier, depending on your FRM and production date of vehicle, also, you have to consider if you want LCI Halogens, LCI Adaptive Xenons or LCI Non Adaptive, your easiest route being LCI Halogen, if you want LCI Xenon, then you need to replace ballasts, bulbs, possibly FRM and some coding.

As for the rear.

1) LCI trunk Lid
2) LCI Rear tail lights, outer & inner, repin and wiring, perhaps some coding.

Easiest route here is to look at my Group Buy for LCI STYLED lights for our PRELCI vehicles.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=656252

I would say your Mtech Kit right now looks great man! perhaps just update the headlights to LCI & add some splitters. Mtech is hard to come by!

Here is my PRELCI to LCI conversion, with stock LCI bumper.

GOOD LUCK!
Lol for a grand total of?
      03-03-2012, 11:42 AM   #30
Iceburg
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringsMoreWomen View Post
Lol for a grand total of?
Well if your are resourceful and patient it wont kill you I have been accumulating parts for over 1 year, off buy/sells vehicles, part outs etc, buying straight from mfr would have killed me!
Appreciate 0