E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Roof Wrap Gloss Black Sticker City

12-03-2014, 11:08 AM   #23
bad karma
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 328i F31 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by aren93 View Post
Wow I've never seen so many Pontiacs lol
I know, right? But every one of those guys was a hardcore enthusiast, and it was a very, very tight knit community. I mean, there's what, under 30,000 G8's in the country? Our group met once a month for coffee and a cruise, and once every 2-3 months for a bigger overnight trip. We'd go to car shows and coastal cruises and runs through the mountain twisties. A good group of guys, all of em. And always willing to help out. As much as I love my 335i and this site, I don't think it will ever afford me the same sense of community that the G8 group did.

Truth be told, they were actually really fucking nice cars for the price. They were sort of a pseudo-luxury sedan. Obviously lacking the refinement of a BMW, but they were essentially Holden Commodore's with Pontiac front-ends so they handled incredibly well (for their size, anyways), and had big motors, to boot. 6.0L LS2 and 6.2L LS3 flavors were offered. I had the janky base model 3.6L V6 (which didn't even have Direct Injection) and it was a bit of a dog @ 260HP hauling around a 4400lb sedan. Even with intake, tune, headers, and a full catback I was still putting down less than 300HP and my 1/4 mile times were like 14.9. I think I ran a 6.9 0-60 ONE TIME. Otherwise it was in the low 7's.

And you know what? I loved the shit out of that car. Treated it the same way I take care of my 335 now. Detailed it regularly, waxed it every other month. It was always turning heads and getting compliments. I drove the piss out of it; put 100,000 miles on it in two years, including a trip to Bettendorf, IA for the National G8 Meet. Now HERE is a lot of Pontiacs in one place:

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

/morethanyouevercaredtoknowaboutG8's
Appreciate 0