E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > pthomas1984 - AVOID this scammer

02-17-2013, 02:07 PM   #1
brinkmann
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4

pthomas1984 - AVOID this scammer

I purchased a D-SLR camera that pthomas1984 had listed for sale on the Mid-Atlantic regional forums (http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=798559) . While he was driving up to Centreville (the city where I was supposed to meet him), he sends me a text message saying that he forgot the USB cable. I asked him if he would mind mailing it to me when he got home and he agreed to do so without any hesitation.

Once I met him in person, I made sure that he was OK with sending me the cable in the mail. He assured me that it would be no problem and asked me to text him my address, which I did promptly after giving him cash for the camera.

The following day, I sent him a text message kindly asking him if he had remembered to mail me the USB cable. No response. I gave him the benefit of the doubt, and waited until the next day to send him another message, to which I received no response. I sent him a PM, as he was online browsing e90post, also to which I received response.

Rapidly losing hope, I sent him another text message asking him to just tell me whether or not he still planned to send me the USB cable so that I could order one myself if he decided to go back on his word. You guessed it, no response.

Bottom line: this guy is a piece of shit. He got his money, and now can't be bothered to keep his word about sending me a $4 USB cable. It's not about the cable, it's not about the money, it's about this guy lying to and dicking over a member of the community. Avoid doing business with him at all costs.
      02-17-2013, 03:19 PM   #2
tcw
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Interesting... I was in the process of selling him my meth kit and charge pipe. Although I haven't heard from him in a couple of days... so maybe something came up? No real risk on my end as long as he has the cash so I am not worried.
2008 335I E92, AW, VFF700, 18" Forgestar F14, M3 front/side, M-tech rear, AMS IC, H&R Touring Cup Kit suspension, HID AE, ER Charge Pipe & Synapse BOV, CIC Retrofit, Quafie, DSS, Defiv Lockdown, SPEC 2+/Steel SMFW, Walbro 450
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 04:36 PM   #3
GreekMaverick
El Greco Capitan
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by brinkmann View Post
I purchased a D-SLR camera that pthomas1984 had listed for sale on the Mid-Atlantic regional forums (http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=798559) . While he was driving up to Centreville (the city where I was supposed to meet him), he sends me a text message saying that he forgot the USB cable. I asked him if he would mind mailing it to me when he got home and he agreed to do so without any hesitation.

Once I met him in person, I made sure that he was OK with sending me the cable in the mail. He assured me that it would be no problem and asked me to text him my address, which I did promptly after giving him cash for the camera.

The following day, I sent him a text message kindly asking him if he had remembered to mail me the USB cable. No response. I gave him the benefit of the doubt, and waited until the next day to send him another message, to which I received no response. I sent him a PM, as he was online browsing e90post, also to which I received response.

Rapidly losing hope, I sent him another text message asking him to just tell me whether or not he still planned to send me the USB cable so that I could order one myself if he decided to go back on his word. You guessed it, no response.

Bottom line: this guy is a piece of shit. He got his money, and now can't be bothered to keep his word about sending me a $4 USB cable. It's not about the cable, it's not about the money, it's about this guy lying to and dicking over a member of the community. Avoid doing business with him at all costs.
Whoah...Talk about grandiosity

Did he sell you a defective product in whole and made off with your money?, that D-SLR was $425.00 out your wallet, the guy did drive to meet you no matter if you drove half way too.

Who knows, prob got busy or something but giving him such a bad rap over a $2-$4?

Come on now.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 04:55 PM   #4
brinkmann
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2023 M4

You're clearly missing the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekMaverick View Post
Whoah...Talk about grandiosity

Did he sell you a defective product in whole and made off with your money?, that D-SLR was $425.00 out your wallet, the guy did drive to meet you no matter if you drove half way too.

Who knows, prob got busy or something but giving him such a bad rap over a $2-$4?

Come on now.
      02-17-2013, 06:43 PM   #5
pthomas1984
Work in Progress
Rep
Drives: 2007 335I Coupe

Well as im putting the usb cable in the envelope to send out something tells me to check out the forums...glad i did because apparently im a piece of shit scammer because my son was born yesterday morning and i didnt have time to ship out this dipshits usb cable...well in the spirit of scamming ill be giving away this usb cord free of charge conpliments of this internet gangster...r u kidding me buddy what a joke instead of being grateful for a great deal on camera ur whining like a lil girl about a $3 cable that i told u i would send when i got a chance....at any rate if anyone needs a usb cable that hooks up to a camera (also can use as a ps3 controller charger) let ne know n u can thank brinkmann...prick...oh yea tcw my bad like i said more pressing matters but im still interested
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 06:45 PM   #6
tcw
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

No worries I still have them
2008 335I E92, AW, VFF700, 18" Forgestar F14, M3 front/side, M-tech rear, AMS IC, H&R Touring Cup Kit suspension, HID AE, ER Charge Pipe & Synapse BOV, CIC Retrofit, Quafie, DSS, Defiv Lockdown, SPEC 2+/Steel SMFW, Walbro 450
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 07:57 PM   #7
GreekMaverick
El Greco Capitan
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by pthomas1984 View Post
Well as im putting the usb cable in the envelope to send out something tells me to check out the forums...glad i did because apparently im a piece of shit scammer because my son was born yesterday morning and i didnt have time to ship out this dipshits usb cable...well in the spirit of scamming ill be giving away this usb cord free of charge conpliments of this internet gangster...r u kidding me buddy what a joke instead of being grateful for a great deal on camera ur whining like a lil girl about a $3 cable that i told u i would send when i got a chance....at any rate if anyone needs a usb cable that hooks up to a camera (also can use as a ps3 controller charger) let ne know n u can thank brinkmann...prick...oh yea tcw my bad like i said more pressing matters but im still interested

Congrats on the Newborn
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 08:07 PM   #8
pthomas1984
Work in Progress
Rep
Drives: 2007 335I Coupe

Thank u
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 08:42 PM   #9
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]

Quote:
congrats on the newborn!

and to the OP:

Maybe the OP should change the thread title to: Beware of Member Brinkmann: jumps to conclusions too soon
Intakes, 13% Underdrive pulley, 3.91 Differential, RPI Scoops.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 08:49 PM   #10
ja.
Ja
Canada
Rep
Drives: e90

Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 08:56 PM   #11
Richurd
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too slow.

I hope OP feels like shit. and congrats on the newborn. get ready for sleepless nights.
      02-17-2013, 09:43 PM   #12
n54gte
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: prius

AVOID brinkmann, the cheap a$$hole
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 09:45 PM   #13
BRGmatthew
Bausman
United_States
Rep
Drives: around the block

lol op cant wait until tuesday for the seller to mail him a $3 cable? It's the weekend bro, post office isnt open. On top of that, i said tuesday because I think usps is closed tomorrow for presidents day too.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 09:49 PM   #14
BRGmatthew
Bausman
United_States
Rep
Drives: around the block

Quote:
funny that op tried to pin something on you and backfired hahaha. Like another forum member said, "sounds like a psyco ex-girlfriend" haha
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 02:35 AM   #15
N55
ⒸⒺⓇⓉⓘⒻⒾⒺⒹ✬ⓃⒾⓃⒿⒶ
United_States
Rep
Drives: 🚀

Garage List
LOL! Over a $4 USB Cable? The shipping will cost more than the USB cable itself.

pthomas said it was the same as a PS3 cable (USB to Mini USB).... This is a run of the mill USB cable, everybody and their momma's have one of these. I have about 30 of them myself.

OPISMADBCHECANTLOADPICSOFHISKEWLFURBYCOLLECTION

Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 07:39 AM   #16
DJtoad
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 535i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by N55 View Post
LOL! Over a $4 USB Cable? The shipping will cost more than the USB cable itself.

pthomas said it was the same as a PS3 cable (USB to Mini USB).... This is a run of the mill USB cable, everybody and their momma's have one of these. I have about 30 of them myself.

OPISMADBCHECANTLOADPICSOFHISKEWLFURBYCOLLECTION
I think anyone who routinely buys electronic devices has a drawer of those by now. But even if the OP doesn't, he can buy one on Amazon for $1.78 -- with no tax and free shipping:

USB 2.0 A to Mini-B Cable

02-18-2013, 08:40 AM   #17
Foxcolt
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW E92

Potential thread of the month imo
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 09:18 AM   #18
bigdaddycane
I even mod my cereal
Rep
Drives: 11 ZCP DCT M3 14 328d 21 GT4

Garage List
OP,

this was a gross over exaggeration on YOUR part. People are notoriously slow with shipping person items, but you have to give them a few days before you lose your S and start posting inaccurate info about them. Hope this was a lesson learned for you.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 09:35 AM   #19
MDyDinanM
OIF Veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [6.88]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddycane
OP,

this was a gross over exaggeration on YOUR part. People are notoriously slow with shipping person items, but you have to give them a few days before you lose your S and start posting inaccurate info about them. Hope this was a lesson learned for you.
+1

Thread should be made a sticky as an example of what not to do :
Intakes, 13% Underdrive pulley, 3.91 Differential, RPI Scoops.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 10:23 AM   #20
Laid Black 335i
BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i (6MT)

I still think Brinkman deserved a text message response. Literally takes 5-10 seconds to respond to a text message. He also noted that pthomas had recent lurking activity on the forums. You have a newborn but you have time to lurk e90post? Make no sense to me.
      02-18-2013, 03:08 PM   #21
cityazndan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [7.34]
In before the close! Op, does the camera work? If its defective then PM the seller first, none of this fucking hate threads before issues get resolved.

Also, it's a 2$ USB cable. How much was the camera? You remind me of luxury or turbocharged car owners bitching about putting premium into the tank and asking is it ok to run 87 in my BMW, sti, evo, or mb. If you can't afford an USB cable, I strongly suggest to sell that camera you have. What next? Gonna complain about a 30$ SD card? Grow up.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 03:22 PM   #22
///M3NACE
Banned
Rep
Drives: E36 M3, E36 Vert , E90 N52

Its funny how OP decided not to respond. OP honestly you can get one for a buck on ebay. We demand you close this down and apologize.
Appreciate 0