E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > BMS powerbox

10-19-2013, 01:58 AM   #1
CYL
Major
Rep
Drives: E92

BMS powerbox

Has anyone installed the BMS powerbox?
Is there any drawback of it and where did you get yours?
I saw some article saying that there is US version and EURO version?
Thanks.

I am trying tk do a mod that would increase the torque, or increase the responsiveness of the throttle.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2013, 02:09 AM   #2
Spikey
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: erratically

There's no increase in output at all... just a change in throttle response. It make it feel like you planted your foot down when you have only hit 1/3 ir half way....
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2013, 03:19 AM   #3
CYL
Major
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
There's no increase in output at all... just a change in throttle response. It make it feel like you planted your foot down when you have only hit 1/3 ir half way....
Ic, so, it just gives you an illusion, and to make the throttle more responsive?
hmm.....not worth then....i just need to get used to a slight more heavy foot will have the same result.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2013, 07:12 AM   #4
kaizen
Rep
Drives: n/a

I'm tempted to buy this too but after seeing mixed reviews indicating that it's mostly a placebo effect due to the throttle change mentioned, i'm on the fence..

But I did notice that Terry from BMS on one forum post mentions that it richens the air fuel ratio and thus increases power... bit skeptical on this but...
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2013, 07:32 AM   #5
Spikey
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: erratically

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYL View Post
Ic, so, it just gives you an illusion, and to make the throttle more responsive?
hmm.....not worth then....i just need to get used to a slight more heavy foot will have the same result.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizen View Post
I'm tempted to buy this too but after seeing mixed reviews indicating that it's mostly a placebo effect due to the throttle change mentioned, i'm on the fence..

But I did notice that Terry from BMS on one forum post mentions that it richens the air fuel ratio and thus increases power... bit skeptical on this but...
There is absolutely no increase.... I had one in my e92. It "feels" like full throttle at 1/2 throttle. Car is no faster at all. IF you know what it is and are OK with it (which i was) then go ahead and get it. But do not kid yourself or let other reviews tell you there is 'noticeable' power difference. There is none. If there was there'd be heaps of before and after dynos illustrating this. There aren't any though, just reviews of how people 'feel' before and after.

I've still got mine, happy to sell it (used) and ship out. PM me if you are still keen.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2013, 08:07 AM   #6
mikenazz
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYL View Post
Has anyone installed the BMS powerbox?
Is there any drawback of it and where did you get yours?
I saw some article saying that there is US version and EURO version?
Thanks.

I am trying tk do a mod that would increase the torque, or increase the responsiveness of the throttle.
Its like having your car on ds+ mode when set to map 3. link the article? there is only 1 for euro and us models i believe.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2013, 08:06 PM   #7
kaizen
Rep
Drives: n/a

aha, no problems Spikey, thanks for the info and offer.

Sounds like I better put the money elsewhere, cheers!
Appreciate 0