E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > BMW Canada feedbacks

03-02-2008, 02:50 PM   #23
hansyes
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 … A·W … E92™

Okay.. I'll start off by saying Thank You for all the comments
However, my concern is that this utterly insulting, deceptive, unacceptable sales rep at Budd's BMW in Oakville wouldn't give the deposit back for one very obvious reason, to force us to buy a car from him.
The reason for cancellation is perfectly acceptable but he talks of charging for incurred costs. A car hasn't even arrived yet so which stands to reason that he can then charge again to an actual buyer of the car later. He never pointed out any associated fees involved in canceling when signing the price offer. What I signed only deals with price so the actual purchase contract itself has not even yet mentioned.
The sales department as a whole at Budd's is completely unwilling to resolve this with us so now I have to go through painful way of contacting various places. I am now very furious about their attitude towards a customer.
So anyone who's thinking of going to any of Budd's.. For Love of God, DON'T!!

i『 L o v e 』…
bmw·'E92' & "nodic ♀s"

Last edited by hansyes; 03-02-2008 at 03:44 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2008, 04:20 PM   #24
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: A6 Allroad

Well said and well written ademitt.

I think the problem is is that we want to buy a BMW an we have to play by their rules and listen to them feed us their bs all the while they dance to the bank.

I do agree that the problem begins at BMWCA. They run the network, they set the rules and only they can fix the problem.

More of us need to complain at any chance we get.

I agree, he was a total asshole in his interview. He never answered a single question, it was rehearsed, fake and ingenuine. A waste of time. He should really have just told all his customers to f*ck off, he is the man and he sets the rules.

I do hope he gets what he deserves in the end.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2008, 05:19 PM   #25
YYC Bimmer Driver
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 & 2018 X2

With the price of used cars sinking faster than the Titanic, BMWCA is going to be absolutely screwed in a few months time. All of these cars coming back from leases are going to have to be discounted 25% to be able to sell them wholesale. Why would a retail customer or a dealer for that matter by a car out at the end of the lease when it's retail value is 10 to 15% under the buyout price today. Heads will roll I am sure as a result of the short sighted policies they have implemented.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2008, 06:10 PM   #26
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ademitt View Post
With the price of used cars sinking faster than the Titanic, BMWCA is going to be absolutely screwed in a few months time. All of these cars coming back from leases are going to have to be discounted 25% to be able to sell them wholesale. Why would a retail customer or a dealer for that matter by a car out at the end of the lease when it's retail value is 10 to 15% under the buyout price today. Heads will roll I am sure as a result of the short sighted policies they have implemented.
Lets hope they start putting customers first, not their own interests.

Hopefully we can find a hangin' judge.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2008, 06:23 PM   #27
YYC Bimmer Driver
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 X3 & 2018 X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
Hopefully we can find a hangin' judge.
Spoken like a true westerner.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2008, 07:45 PM   #28
flush01
Major
Rep
Drives: 33m@%#ing5

when you're buying a car they play nice, then they ask you to give them 5/5 when bmw calls.... after that you're on your own...i really hope this usd issue will wake them up when everyone will return their leases without buying them out, having tons of cars on the lot...
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 02:20 AM   #29
faston
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i Gran Coupe xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich662 View Post
My SA was James Au at Brian Jessel BMW. Liar!
Can you be more specific? What did he lie about? I just ordered a car from him and haven't had any problems. I'd like to know what he did.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 02:56 AM   #30
KkSc
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 13'FR-S/15' F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by faston View Post
Can you be more specific? What did he lie about? I just ordered a car from him and haven't had any problems. I'd like to know what he did.

Thanks

he explained before..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich662 View Post
My bad experience was when I got my 330i sedan in the summer of 06, I asked my SA whether the 335i sedan was coming out in September 06. He denied that this was true and it would be at least 1 year before the 335i sedan came out. When September came, I saw a few 335i sedans on the road and I called my SA and asked him wtf was going on, and he said he's sorry and it was all of a surprise by BMW Canada. I told him I was pretty pissed and I told him I would never buy a car from him ever again and would never recommend him to anyone here.

2015 F80 Alpine White M3
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 02:36 PM   #31
faston
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i Gran Coupe xDrive

Oh! Sorry, I didn't see that those two posts were by the same person.

On that note, there were several things that I had to tell him about the car that he didn't know about. I didn't think he was 'lying' though. Maybe your experience was different.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 03:26 PM   #32
flyer333
GSS CORP.
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E90/E93

Johnny this Asian dood at The BMW store was a liar too.

He told me he had lots of silver 323i in stock and the car could arrive in 5 days. Later he phoned me saying that he can't find any silver 323i and that there was only one which has a foldable rear seats and was gonna charge me for it. I told him to f**k off again. LOL

The deal for the lease for 3 years was already made (just not signed yet, was gonna sign when I pick up the car), but when I went to pick up the car he suddenly change the deal!!! WTF! I told him to f**k off again and I wasn't going to buy the car if he doesnt change the deal back.

Mannn I wanted to punch him in the face and kick him in the nuts!

Stay away from him..............................
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 03:30 PM   #33
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer333 View Post
Johnny this Asian dood at The BMW store was a liar too.

He told me he had lots of silver 323i in stock and the car could arrive in 5 days. Later he phoned me saying that he can't find any silver 323i and that there was only one which has a foldable rear seats and was gonna charge me for it. I told him to f**k off again. LOL

The deal for the lease for 3 years was already made (just not signed yet, was gonna sign when I pick up the car), but when I went to pick up the car he suddenly change the deal!!! WTF! I told him to f**k off again and I wasn't going to buy the car if he doesnt change the deal back.

Mannn I wanted to punch him in the face and kick him in the nuts!

Stay away from him..............................
Folding seats is part of the cold weather package that is std in all Cdn cars.

He was trying to scam you, he should be reported to BMWCA as a liar.

All Cdn cars come with Cold weather unless you deduct it.

Part of Lindsay bs, and then his dealers try to rip customers off.

I hope he drowns in his own bs.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 03:34 PM   #34
flyer333
GSS CORP.
Taiwan
Rep

LOL I gave him a 0/5 when BMW called.. then BMW Canada called back and apologize and gave me a $100.00 certificate... but dats all they can do...
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 03:54 PM   #35
323d
Major
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 335i E90

flyer, do you know if there is anyway to redo the survey so BMW can call me and then i can bitch about the SA too? orginally, when i thought everything was perfect, i gave them all 5/5.. but after the incident, i want to give them all zeros!!!!
      03-03-2008, 04:08 PM   #36
edisonchenFTW
Made in 852
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 AW e92 328i

i guess it really depends on the salesperson and your relationship with them...is best to find one from a mutual acquaintance, therefore they are MUCH less likely to trick you and will give you a better deal..

i bought my car from brian jessel bmw, i was introduced to my SA Calvin through a friend and he was very honest and and got 6% discount (BMW marks up their cars by 7%)..i can't complain much other than the fact that they never update you on the status of your car.. im guessing its because they are always so busy
      03-03-2008, 06:42 PM   #37
323d
Major
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by edisonchenFTW View Post
i guess it really depends on the salesperson and your relationship with them...is best to find one from a mutual acquaintance, therefore they are MUCH less likely to trick you and will give you a better deal..

i bought my car from brian jessel bmw, i was introduced to my SA Calvin through a friend and he was very honest and and got 6% discount (BMW marks up their cars by 7%)..i can't complain much other than the fact that they never update you on the status of your car.. im guessing its because they are always so busy
that is not 100% true. if you do not truely know the SA ( such as friends recommendation), then mostly the deal they give you ain't really that great. My uncle, who was a long time Brian Jessel salesman, recommended me to see this SA @ Brian jessel. He even emailed the guy notifying him that I wanted to buy a car from him.. Anyways, the BJ SA acted all "tight" with me, and saying he will give me a deal that only a "selected" few will get.. instead, his deal was worst than what autowest bmw gave me.....

but again, DON'T EVER DEAL WITH Raymond Yue or this guy name Andy from HUB insurance @ Autowest.. both of them are all talk, but do not actually do it! Is been 2 weeks, and i have still yet to get my refund of 2500+ dollars because these two have not done anything to help me solve the issue.
      03-03-2008, 07:17 PM   #38
animaspartan
Rep
Drives: 535xi

good stuff

Quote:

i don't think 7%, more like 9%, I got 7%, however even if they do give you 7% you will try to sneak in some other shit....

I find, the best way to buy a car is to do carcostcanada.com

go in with 1000 above invoice price and tell the dealer "Hey, I want this car for (invoice + 1000), they probably say can't do it. {most important part}, you say ok, thank you for your time and walk away, seriously walk....

a salesguy/gal knows that only a very low percentage of persons that walk through that door will actually buy on that ocassion

thus, a low profiting sale is better than no sale at all........but you must be willing to walk away....

WHAT DO YOU EXPECT, we live in a capitalist world!! It is your dealer's JOB to take as much money from you as he/she can!!

and your job to save as much money as you can!!

when you two collide....things going to happen!!
Beautiful British Columbia
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 07:17 PM   #39
flyer333
GSS CORP.
Taiwan
Rep

323d... maybe you should call BMW Canada or just ask to speak to the manager at Autowest directly!! man why didnt u get ur car from that hot girl SA in Autowest?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2008, 09:09 PM   #40
edisonchenFTW
Made in 852
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 AW e92 328i

323d: what was the refund for? and flyer333 who is that hot girl you are mentioning about haha..i would like to see her @@...its not ludia rite? AHHAHA j/k

but anyways all good points mentioned here guys, no matter how well you are connected with the SA you still need to be informed and know how to negotiate..

i agree that auto west SAs are super cocky as well especially if try to order a 3er with little to no options..they will look and talk to you like some weirdo who shouldnt be purchasing a bmw in the first place.. hence why i did not buy from there
      03-04-2008, 01:12 PM   #41
flyer333
GSS CORP.
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
323d: what was the refund for? and flyer333 who is that hot girl you are mentioning about haha..i would like to see her @@...its not ludia rite? AHHAHA j/k

but anyways all good points mentioned here guys, no matter how well you are connected with the SA you still need to be informed and know how to negotiate..

i agree that auto west SAs are super cocky as well especially if try to order a 3er with little to no options..they will look and talk to you like some weirdo who shouldnt be purchasing a bmw in the first place.. hence why i did not buy from there

lol i donno her name... next time when i go... i'll look at her name tag
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2008, 01:34 PM   #42
323d
Major
Hong Kong
Rep

actually, my SA, frank ip, is a decent guy. When i asked him about the 323i, he did not hesitate to show me and did not try to force me to buy the 328i instead like other SA's. of course, he did do what most SA would do, and tell me that the 323i does not have this or that blah blah blah.. but overall he is a good SA .... The hot girl, you mean the one that has the table outside? I was gonana get her lol, but frank approached me first .. meh.

and the refund is for an insurance error. Basically, after i had to do all the paper work of changing the name of ownership, i told them i just want to change my insurance plan from a year to 3 months (since i will be away after so i dont want to waste money on insurance)... anyways, they were supose to give back $2500 .. but so far, BMW and ICBC are playing the blame game on each other.. I am just fustrated that Raymond Yue, who even agreed on following up with this issue never followed up.. Every time i call him he is just saying "oh i am working on it.."
      03-04-2008, 02:22 PM   #43
rich662
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Alpine White

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by faston View Post
Oh! Sorry, I didn't see that those two posts were by the same person.

On that note, there were several things that I had to tell him about the car that he didn't know about. I didn't think he was 'lying' though. Maybe your experience was different.
I guess I must've had a very different experience then. Just another comment on this James Au guy: I placed a deposit for a new car from another SA (say SA#2) half a year ago at BJ BMW and he told me that I was to expect delivery in March 08. James asked me why I didn't place this deposit with him and I told him that I wasn't satisfied with his service when I got the 330i from him. So then he tells me that his fellow colleague SA#2 is lying about being able to get me the car in March 08 (and more likely by end of 2008). He told me that I should withdraw the deposit and place the deposit with him and he should be able to get me the car in May 08. (I don't think there's any difference with which SA I make the deposit with under the same dealership). Well what do ya know, my car is almost in Canada and I found out once again who the "real" liar is.

FS: DPE LS-5 (for sale: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171839)
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2008, 02:43 AM   #44
m-technik
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 335, E36 Ti, Porsche 986

My crappy experience with Bmw Canada started when my 335 had a major camshaft problem after only owning it for 3 weeks..I was first told that the replacement of the camshaft would only take 1 week, but when 1 week turned into 1 month I started bitching to my dealership (Autowest) and they pretty much acted like there was nothing they could do and they suggested I call Bmw Canada to look for compensation, and they suggested I speak directly to the head of customer service and warranty claims, who happens to be some guy named Allan St. Pierre, since nobody really knew how much longer the repair would take. Upon calling Bmw Canada I was told by the cocky customer service rep that Allan does not talk to individual customers (apparently he's god or something) and when I asked the rep for some sort of compensation he actually laughed and said very blatantly that "Bmw Canada does not offer compensation to its customers when their car is in the shop for a lengthy amount of time" I went off on the guy about Bmw's weak ass customer service and how pissed off i was about the whole situation, but i might as well have been arguing with a brick wall...It got me nowhere. I finally got the car back after a little over a month but all the compensation I got was a free detailing voucher from Autowest. Lame.
Appreciate 0