E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Question about fitting quad exhaust tips on m-tech bumper...

07-08-2012, 01:04 AM   #1
sathoro
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Question about fitting quad exhaust tips on m-tech bumper...

I really like the sporty look of a quad exhaust but I really have no intention of changing my entire stock exhaust because I like it as it is. I have an E90 M Sport 335i and I was wondering if it was possible to buy these exhaust tips, cut the m-tech bumper, and then weld the tips onto the stock exhaust? I would get a shop to do all of this, but was wondering if anyone here has maybe already done this and could provide some advice and/or pictures. Thanks for any help

Edit: I failed to mention that I know there are some nice looking quad diffusers but if it was easy to cut my current one, I would rather do that.

'10 E90 335i | Black Sapphire Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | M Sport | Premium | Cold Weather
Cobb AP Stage 1 | Alpina B3 TCU | DCI | CF Splitters | CF Performance Spoiler | CF Trim
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2012, 03:35 AM   #2
Alex.Devol
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M-Sport LCI

I've cut an m sport bumper on a previous car to fit a custom exhaust and it looked fine, not sure about the false tips though.. With no fumes or movement i think it could risk looking very obviously stuck on.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2012, 10:08 AM   #3
E90Company
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex.Devol View Post
I've cut an m sport bumper on a previous car to fit a custom exhaust and it looked fine, not sure about the false tips though.. With no fumes or movement i think it could risk looking very obviously stuck on.
They should still be flowing exhaust gas though, no? It's a Y pipe
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2012, 02:30 PM   #4
sathoro
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex.Devol View Post
Did you cut the bumper or the diffuser? Also, they won't be 'false' tips, there will still be fumes coming through them it is just split between the two tips. Besides, my friend with an E46 M3 has a Dinan exhaust and one side of his tips are false tips and it is fine. Do you have a picture of the cut diffuser? (assuming you cut the diffuser)

'10 E90 335i | Black Sapphire Metallic | Black Dakota Leather | M Sport | Premium | Cold Weather
Cobb AP Stage 1 | Alpina B3 TCU | DCI | CF Splitters | CF Performance Spoiler | CF Trim
Appreciate 0