E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > BMW Canada Announces Limited E90 335xi xDrive Sedan Special Edition With Power Kit

03-18-2012, 10:59 AM   #859
morphius909
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 Xi Special Edition-JB

Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttimer
Quote:
Originally Posted by morphius909 View Post
245 + Shipping Is that an okay price?

Easy DIY?
It is DIY but I know a guy who works at Mini who did it for me. Couple steps you need to follow, these ones are bigger than the Xenisis plug and play because they have and extra square piece (as seen in the website) which you have to place inside the compartment. It took my friend about 30/40 minutes to get it done.

As for being a lease, I dont think changing the lights would be an issue, would it?
I think modding a leased vehicle
Is a no no.

I bought mine so no big deal.

Maybe others on here can pipe in for lease comments.

2011 335i X Drive Special Edition-Jerez Black
35% Tint All Around / 3M Rockguard / Weathertech/ PPK2 / 18&12mm Spacers/Lux H8 V3
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2012, 12:17 PM   #860
Kernel Kurtz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M240i xDrive

Is a no no.

Can't speak to all dealers, but generally they are OK with cosmetic things that can be easily undone (like the black grilles or winter wheels). Mechanical mods are definitely out. LEDs are kind of a modification to the electrical system - it's iffy, but I'd rather be safe than have my warranty voided.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2012, 06:59 PM   #861
pyceasyas123
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernel Kurtz View Post
Is a no no.

Can't speak to all dealers, but generally they are OK with cosmetic things that can be easily undone (like the black grilles or winter wheels). Mechanical mods are definitely out. LEDs are kind of a modification to the electrical system - it's iffy, but I'd rather be safe than have my warranty voided.
Quote:
Is a no no.

I bought mine so no big deal.

Maybe others on here can pipe in for lease comments.
Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttimer View Post
It is DIY but I know a guy who works at Mini who did it for me. Couple steps you need to follow, these ones are bigger than the Xenisis plug and play because they have and extra square piece (as seen in the website) which you have to place inside the compartment. It took my friend about 30/40 minutes to get it done.

As for being a lease, I dont think changing the lights would be an issue, would it?
Its not a huge deal to mod a leased car. Anything aesthetic is not an issue. Angel eye lights are only going to be an issue if you have an issue with your lights...in which case remove the AE's and put back to stock before going to the dealer. Same for performance mods...stuff like JB4, air intakes, etc can all be removed when you go to the dealer...you only go to the dealer 3 times in a lease so not that big of a deal IMO. I did this with my previous e90 and never had an issue. Planning to do the same with this SE e90. Worth the bit of hassle to enjoy more of the car
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 03:42 PM   #862
B Brownburry
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335xdr 2011 CAN Spec. Edition

So I got partial news for my problem.

Scary news.

They removed the oil filter, and they saw a "couple of large loose metallic parts in the engine".

They have to remove the oil pan to further assess what's happening.

ON A 6300KM BRAND NEW CAR!!!!!!!

Man this sucks, I'm wondering if they would take it back!!! I'd be better off with an used M3, at least I think the engine would be more reliable!

I am really really disapointed. I took the special edition instead of waiting for an F30, cause I thought if the e90 is in its last year, all the problems should be fixed!

I'll get back to you guys with news when I get them.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 04:47 PM   #863
morphius909
Lieutenant
Rep

Errr what??

Doesn't sound right.

Just wait till they get back to you with the final verdict. Hopefully not as bad as you think!!

35% Tint All Around / 3M Rockguard / Weathertech/ PPK2 / 18&12mm Spacers/Lux H8 V3
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 05:11 PM   #864
B Brownburry
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Errr what??

Doesn't sound right.

Just wait till they get back to you with the final verdict. Hopefully not as bad as you think!!
Hope your right.

If it takes more than another day, I hope they'll lend me something like a z4 (in my dreams), the weather is really nice theses days here...almost kind of weird we're having 20 degrees today I think.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 08:25 PM   #865
firsttimer
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Brownburry View Post

Scary news.

They removed the oil filter, and they saw a "couple of large loose metallic parts in the engine".

Man this sucks, I'm wondering if they would take it back!!! I'd be better off with an used M3, at least I think the engine would be more reliable!

I am really really disapointed. I took the special edition instead of waiting for an F30, cause I thought if the e90 is in its last year, all the problems should be fixed!

Wow that sucks...I just passed 4k and so far so good but now I am worried. That is extremly disappointing. I would be losing my sh#t.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 10:39 AM   #866
pyceasyas123
Major
Rep

Definitely sorry to hear this. Keep us posted.

Quote:

Scary news.

Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 11:12 AM   #867
Bobby_Sardells
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M3 30 Jahre

Garage List
Anyone know a good way to remove carnage on a wheel?

I got a few curb scrapes while making a right onto Avenue off st.clair, stupid curb sticks out and i gave it a slight scrape

Is there a way to buff it out or polish it or somewhere i can repair it
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2012, 02:14 PM   #868
davidkotok
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

still missing the suspension components that are its downfall
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 10:03 AM   #869
B Brownburry
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Engine Replacement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyceasyas123 View Post
Definitely sorry to hear this. Keep us posted.
Hi guys.

Yesterday was a sad day for my ride.

The dealership called. They don't know what happened. My engine is full of metal particules. A bit larger than dust. They've sent pics and details to BMW Canada and BMW Germany.

They still don't know/or they know and won't tell me what happened.

So the solution : they have to put a brand new engine. May I recall you, my car only had 6300 KM, and I did the break-in religiously.

It is shipped from Germany of course, so it will take around three weeks for them to receive it, plus the time to install. So I calculate 4-5 weeks.

I'm waiting for the guy who sold me the car to get back to me has to what's gonna happen now....(he's back from vacation today, and It's not the same dealership that the one where the service is done).

I do not trust the car anymore. Will all be reconnected A1 !? I'll have another break-in period to do!!!!! (this time I'll just floor it right away, no way I'm keeping it after the lease).

I'll try to upload iphone pics tonight, but right now it is an open-heart surgury!

Do you think this affects my resale value? (it's a lease, but I was considering buying it afterward)...

So this is really an horrific story for me!

For five days they gave me a beige on beige freakin' malibu, yesterday I got a 128i, and today they'll hand me a x1 (at least I'll try something different and see how the 4 banger + new AT is).

I'll get back to you guys....so be careful!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 11:32 AM   #870
morphius909
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Hi guys.

The dealership called. They don't know what happened. My engine is full of metal particules. A bit larger than dust. They've sent pics and details to BMW Canada and BMW Germany.

So the solution : they have to put a brand new engine. May I recall you, my car only had 6300 KM, and I did the break-in religiously.

It is shipped from Germany of course, so it will take around three weeks for them to receive it, plus the time to install. So I calculate 4-5 weeks.

I'm waiting for the guy who sold me the car to get back to me has to what's gonna happen now....(he's back from vacation today, and It's not the same dealership that the one where the service is done).

I do not trust the car anymore. Will all be reconnected A1 !? I'll have another break-in period to do!!!!! (this time I'll just floor it right away, no way I'm keeping it after the lease).

I'll try to upload iphone pics tonight, but right now it is an open-heart surgury!

Do you think this affects my resale value? (it's a lease, but I was considering buying it afterward)...

For five days they gave me a beige on beige freakin' malibu, yesterday I got a 128i, and today they'll hand me a x1 (at least I'll try something different and see how the 4 banger + new AT is).

OMG!!

WTF!!

Flying the flag at half mast today....

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 12:49 PM   #871
BOGONY
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335i cab /2011 535 XI

I had a 1998 Boxster. Engine replaced at 6000 miles.
Porsche picked up lease payments while car was down.
I never had another problem with the car.
Yours came with a bad engine. If it is replaced correctly, your car should be fine.
Good luck
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 01:01 PM   #872
B Brownburry
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOGONY View Post
I had a 1998 Boxster. Engine replaced at 6000 miles.
Porsche picked up lease payments while car was down.
I never had another problem with the car.
Yours came with a bad engine. If it is replaced correctly, your car should be fine.
Good luck
Hope you are right!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 01:04 PM   #873
pyceasyas123
Major
Rep

make sure you get bmw to compensate you somehow...not just by giving you a loaner car...this is a big mistake...everyone makes mistakes (unfortunate that you are on the receiving end) but its all about how they recover...tell them that. Engine replacement doesnt mean your car is completely terrible...i wouldnt write off buying it out...

Quote:
Hi guys.

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 01:40 PM   #874
morphius909
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
make sure you get bmw to compensate you somehow...not just by giving you a loaner car...this is a big mistake...everyone makes mistakes (unfortunate that you are on the receiving end) but its all about how they recover...tell them that. Engine replacement doesnt mean your car is completely terrible...i wouldnt write off buying it out...
bad engines happen. Maybe it was built on a friday afternoon, dunno.

But yeah my preference would be take the car back and get a new one, or compensate you in a big way.

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 11:18 PM   #875
Boco335iXdriveSE
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i Xdrive Special Edition

Quote:
Hi guys.

Sorry to hear that....I am sure the dealer will fixe it well for you.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 03:51 PM   #876
Thrash
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boco335iXdriveSE View Post
I took my car to my BMW dealer on Saturday, as l wanted to leave my car there and pick it up on Monday, which my sales rep said is fine. This is because in am on a training for a month and not able to take any time off.
When I got there, my sales rep took me to the service supervisor (I think he is the supervisor or manager), he told me that if the reason why the service engine light's on is due to the fuel cap being not tightened enough after filling up the gas, then it'd not be under warranty and that it'd caused me a hundred and something dollar for them reset the code. I of course freaked out at this!!! As I have checked and am very sure that I have tightened the fuel cap. They said after the engine light has lit up, it will not go away even if i tighten the cap after. I am quite sure that i have e tightened the cap. Anyway, it did not take them long to check and came back to me saying that it was indeed the fuel cap was not tightened. Though they did not charge me for it at the end, but I am not sure if they are indeed telling me the truth of what the real problem was. At this point I feel much released as I have convinced myself it was the fuel cap, but how I did not tighten it enough, I have no idea.
I find it quite stupid because if the warning light is caused by the loosen fuel cap, then how stupid the system is if it can't clear the warning light when the cap is lightened up after? I asked the service supervisor why it took the system 3 days to detect a loosen fuel cap and trigger the yellow engine light, and not immediately? He said it'd sometime take 2 to 3 days to trigger the light. Really????
Although i am not familiar with the system used in the car, but I feel he was full of crap. This just what I feel......
BTW they tried that fuel thing with me...just laughed at them and told them to diagnose properly.

My engine light came on as well.... so far it has been at the dealer for 3 weeks, changed the VVT motor, didn't fix the problem, ordered a new DME from Germany, the unit arrived but I probably won't get the car back until next week...very frustrating, purchased the car in Nov. 2011.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 05:04 PM   #877
Thrash
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by firsttimer View Post
Hey

I just got these...amazing. Pure white...the crap one they sell at BMW still leave the yellow...their called Xenesis or something...not good in my opinion.

http://www.bimmereyes.com/
What year is your car?, on mine the angels seem white... is it a noticeable difference.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 05:50 PM   #878
pyceasyas123
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aig01 View Post
What year is your car?, on mine the angels seem white... is it a noticeable difference.
all SE cars are 2011. The angels are yellowish. Lux bulbs will make them more like the xenons. Very noticeable difference.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 06:01 PM   #879
Thrash
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
all SE cars are 2011. The angels are yellowish. Lux bulbs will make them more like the xenons. Very noticeable difference.
Thanks, off to order the LUX...just debating on the JB4 as I still think there may be shadow codes that the dealer can see..
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 06:16 PM   #880
pyceasyas123
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aig01 View Post
Thanks, off to order the LUX...just debating on the JB4 as I still think there may be shadow codes that the dealer can see..
i used jb3 in my old e90 for 3 years and never had an issue...i have jb4 now and so far no problems. go for it
Appreciate 0